1 2
RacerxVA1
RacerxVA1
6/16/09 7:15 p.m.

to clear up a earlier post, I talked with the Bimmerworld guys at the track and that wasnt one of "there old World challenge cars" that was a car that there Crew Chief Jason Marks, for World Challenge team, owns and built last year. its been a street car until then. also they finished first over all and i believe 4 laps up on the Piper car, thats the same car that won the 13hr at VIR last yr over all. goes to show you what bimmerworld can do, even if it is a four door.

irish44j
irish44j New Reader
6/16/09 9:07 p.m.
CarlisleBill wrote: Just to clear a few things up. The Corvettes ran times in the 25's and 26's with a few 24's thrown in, all day long until the rain. We did not have rain tires and didn't have a position to gain or lose by the end of the race. We did back both cars down considerably for a few laps in the rain. The 03 car had 0 issues for the entire race. The team of drivers and crew worked very well together and really ran a perfect race. The 28 car (my car) had an off by one driver about 40 mins. in while leading (I think). No damage and really didn't cost us much time. Then about 4 hours in another driver hit the curbing in 8 and caused 2 fractured wheels studs. Thirty some mins. later we where back out in 18th place. Over the next few hours we fought back up to 6th, only to find 2 more broken studs on the same wheel, during a pit stop. Back to 14th and ended up 10th. The Vettes really held up great with this small exception. Tire and brake usage was less than expected. Fuel is the major drawback and we knew this going into the deal. We are working on a few options now to get 25 gallons in the cars. With this being accomplished we will anxiously be anticipating our next event. All and all, we learned a lot. The drive trains hold up great, TOYO 888's held up amazingly well, the team was the perfect mix and hot brake pads will burn right through the sole of shoes ! Hopefully we can make it so no one can short shift and get away with it, at the next event ! LOL

Thanks for the update Bill. Those vettes were so fast they just made it look too easy. Down the straight they always sounded like they were out for a sunday drive, even while passing multiple cars :)

CarlisleBill
CarlisleBill New Reader
6/17/09 6:58 a.m.

I just signed up to run again this weekend at Summit (Hyper-fest). We ordered wheel studs from ARP, changing the oil, the brakes, hosing off $3000 in brake dust LOL and going at it again. I will be using different tires and am anxious to see what happens to the times. Really hoping for some 22's. If anybody is down there please say hi. I am just bringing the red rollback vs. the the big truck. I am really over the whole big setup thing after last weak, going old-school this week ! I'm am really looking forward to the event, Chris, Sean and the crew always do such a great job ! In reply to irish44j:

joesellshomes
joesellshomes New Reader
6/17/09 7:45 a.m.

Maybe you guys bought different Toyo 888s than what we were running? Give Toyo a call because our's seemed to work just fine in the rain...LOL. By the way you guys have a great crew chief, Paul Schwartz knows his stuff. I've known Paul for close to ten years now and he's always been spot on. Good luck a Hyperfest. Have you guys been to NJMP yet? EMRA is doing a three hour enduro there in July. Joe

dean1484
dean1484 Dork
6/17/09 7:59 a.m.

Man do I miss going to that event!!!! I hope to get to the EMRA 4 hour this fall.

Racefan
Racefan
6/18/09 1:16 p.m.

In reply to joesellshomes:

I think that the weekend went great as two unknown Corvettes made everyone worry. I would like to ad as I was part of the Carlisle Team this past weekend that I think the real praise should go to Bill Miller and Lance Miller for starting a great team effort and to Tim and Todd Sprinkle that put it all together in the aspect of crew, car prep and most of all team work with 2 teams at once ( not easy with 2 cars). As far as Paul goes no one saw him until sat at 9 am and he basicly got in the way. Plus he was not a very plesant fellow. Just a thought on my behalf that credit should go to the ones who really deserve it not to others who do not deserve it. As Tim Sprinkle and Chris Belieu were crew chiefs for the two car I think they did an outstanding job and look forward to working with them in the future.

autoxrs
autoxrs New Reader
6/24/09 9:38 p.m.

ITA Teg was my friend Andrew's car that my other friend Jon boogered up. Jon was really bummed out, his first self inflicted incident in 12 years of racing. (Some of you may know Jon as the 04/05 ECHC champ, 06 MARRS runner up in ITA and 07/08 MARRS ITS champ.)

Since you guys want a good old fashioned epic tale. I crewed for the ITR Pirate car guys, here's our epic story... maybe GRM will publish it. Grab a cold one, its long.

http://highstreetracing.com/Races/09_spr.asp

Three trans changes Getting the car ready at 5AM Starting DFL, finishing 3rd overall

Here are my photos, feel free to use as you wish. If you want high res versions drop me a note.

http://www.autoxrs.net/2009_12hrs_SPR/index.htm

autoxrs
autoxrs New Reader
6/24/09 9:49 p.m.

P.S. We really are gonna win one of these overall one day. This was race #3 for the ITR Pirate Car. Last year at the 12 we were leading overall at hour 9 until the blasted ECU went. VIR 13 hrs went well and top 5 overall all day until the blasted oil pressure sender fitting went.

Looks like Pirate car guys are doing ARRC instead of the 13 hrs, so I'll be crewing up there and crewing for Andrew and the boys in the ITA ex Nonnamaker car at the 13 the week before. Andrew said the car is almost back to normal after the little incident.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Kx7fteAnNyVRRa3dWdwefQJtX5XAEtswMcvrm4dKB0ZbW21OmZm8so5KL1Ae5v74