sporqster
sporqster Reader
11/7/12 11:31 a.m.

I'm just sayin... Don't mess with Iron Man. Look at what he made in his garage. Words cannot adequately describe.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=sSAok9dpYwA

aussiesmg
aussiesmg UltimaDork
11/7/12 11:36 a.m.

So awesome, so much want

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
11/7/12 11:39 a.m.

That is awesome!!!

Jeff
Jeff SuperDork
11/7/12 11:40 a.m.

Stealthtercel
Stealthtercel HalfDork
11/7/12 12:08 p.m.

I'm waiting for the Mark 2 version, where you ask it a question and it tells you whether the answer is Miata, E30, or P71.

turboswede
turboswede PowerDork
11/7/12 12:29 p.m.

berkeley YEA!

I thought the Mark 2 added the censor chip? The one where it curses at you using board memes?

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH PowerDork
11/7/12 12:48 p.m.

Oooooh nice

Matt B
Matt B Dork
11/7/12 12:56 p.m.

I remember the first thread about this - cool to see the (near?) finished product.

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
11/7/12 1:49 p.m.

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/so-im-building-this-giant-robot/53879/page1/

Raze
Raze SuperDork
11/7/12 2:16 p.m.

go to the last post on page 3 to see how big it is and how good the articulation is, my jaw dropped...

16vCorey
16vCorey PowerDork
11/7/12 2:20 p.m.

Haha! Thanks guys!

Matt B
Matt B Dork
11/7/12 2:27 p.m.

Thanks poop - I am lazy

16vCorey - that's just badass man

16vCorey
16vCorey PowerDork
11/7/12 2:41 p.m.

I added some pics of the chest panel in the original thread, since it's pretty dark in the video.

moparman76_69
moparman76_69 Reader
11/7/12 9:24 p.m.

What kind of camera is that? I see a lot of vids that have that wierd effect on the motion, I guess in an attempt to make it appear smooth.

16vCorey
16vCorey PowerDork
11/8/12 7:01 a.m.
moparman76_69 wrote: What kind of camera is that? I see a lot of vids that have that wierd effect on the motion, I guess in an attempt to make it appear smooth.

The camera is just a Sony point and shoot, don't remember the model. I think the effect you're referring to is done by youtube. After I uploaded it, it said something like "We've detected that the video is shaky, would you like us to fix that?". I said yes. But yeah, it is a kind of strange effect.

slefain
slefain SuperDork
11/8/12 7:44 a.m.

Tell Hogarth to hold the camera next time.

sachilles
sachilles SuperDork
11/8/12 7:58 a.m.

I like how it blinks.

modernbeat
modernbeat Dork
11/8/12 8:18 a.m.

Looks like the Iron Giant.

kreb
kreb SuperDork
11/8/12 8:45 a.m.

Very cool. I once built a wearable iron man outfit for myself. The problem was that I had to be bolted in by others. It was very claustrophobic, and while I wore it to one party, I was afraid that someone would screw with me, and I'd be unable to respond appropriately. The irony is that it made me feel very vulnerable.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
11/8/12 8:46 a.m.
kreb wrote: Very cool. I once built a wearable iron man outfit for myself. The problem was that I had to be bolted in by others. It was very claustrophobic, and while I wore it to one party, I was afraid that someone would screw with me, and I'd be unable to respond appropriately. The irony is that it made me feel very vulnerable.

Well, you then need to build a machine to install the suit onto you. Duh. Didn't watch the movie?

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
11/8/12 8:46 a.m.
slefain wrote: Tell Hogarth to hold the camera next time.

LOL

kreb
kreb SuperDork
11/8/12 8:50 a.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote:
kreb wrote: Very cool. I once built a wearable iron man outfit for myself. The problem was that I had to be bolted in by others. It was very claustrophobic, and while I wore it to one party, I was afraid that someone would screw with me, and I'd be unable to respond appropriately. The irony is that it made me feel very vulnerable.
Well, you then need to build a machine to install the suit onto you. Duh. Didn't watch the movie?

A little above my pay grade. And those thrusters are a bitch to get dialed in. Don't even get me started on telemetry!

Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero Dork
11/8/12 12:19 p.m.

. . . That is some AWESOME work Corey!!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
L1RWSyESS4eAMIKwYPUKi96yoxxMckPokYsDJhHxVMNCaEoWqFRA27Jt31sRCj8v