9 10 11
bluerooster
bluerooster New Reader
8/30/13 8:49 p.m.
Woody wrote: We don't want to sit on the car for a year and the engine is headed for a better place.

Just scrounge up a B engine, and a Borg warner T-5 Install in the tudor frame, and bolt the speedster sheetmetal to it. Rock-n-Roll.

That B with a T5 will run with the best of 'em. But If it's gotta be older stuff, you can utilize the overdrive out of a 57 ford, install in the driveline, behind the B, and still get what you need.

fanfoy
fanfoy HalfDork
8/30/13 9:24 p.m.

I am very sad to read this.

I was living through your fast-paced build knowing very well that my build wasn't going to be anywhere as fast as you guys.

You sure you guys don't just want to find a new home for the V8, and simply re-power the build?

bluerooster
bluerooster New Reader
8/30/13 9:35 p.m.

In reply to fanfoy:

That's what I was talkin' bout.

CLynn85
CLynn85 Reader
9/1/13 8:27 a.m.

Sorry to hear, was enjoying following this one!

The0retical
The0retical HalfDork
9/1/13 9:57 a.m.

Sorry to hear this Woody. I was living vicariously through you wishing one day I had would have the time to do something this cool. Looking forward to your next build

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave MegaDork
9/1/13 10:54 a.m.
Woody wrote: We don't want to sit on the car for a year and the engine is headed for a better place.

Wouldn't a year let you build it at a pace that you're comfortable with and still end up with a cool yellow speedster, just one flip of the calendar later? I get punting on this year, and I get punting if it's stalled. But this one seems like an aggressive build schedule that just didn't work, but the car is still getting plenty of love, so roll with it IMO.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
9/1/13 4:24 p.m.

very disappointed

JoeyM
JoeyM Mod Squad
9/1/13 5:54 p.m.

The collective has spoken...get back in the garage and finish the thing!

Ray_pilot
Ray_pilot None
1/20/20 10:31 p.m.

In reply to Woody :

I just saw this and see that it was from 7 years ago.  Would love to get more info.  Plans if possible.  I have a 29 Tudor project.  A speedster would be even cooler.  How can I turn mine into one?  Will keep looking for info in this forum.

Thanks.

Stampie
Stampie UltimaDork
1/21/20 7:58 a.m.

In reply to Ray_pilot :

Before you cut up your body, I might be interested. I was going to speedster my 28 but mainly because I don’t have the body. 

Woody
Woody MegaDork
1/21/20 5:35 p.m.
Ray_pilot said:

In reply to Woody :

I just saw this and see that it was from 7 years ago.  Would love to get more info.  Plans if possible.  I have a 29 Tudor project.  A speedster would be even cooler.  How can I turn mine into one?  Will keep looking for info in this forum.

Thanks.

Wow...was that really seven years ago?

I can't really offer much insight at this point. I would have loved to see this completed, but my partner and I had different visions for the finished product. In simple terms, it was a matter of hotrod vs. street rod.

I sort of wish that I had never bought this Model A back then, because I think it would probably still be sitting in the same yard, just a few miles away. If that were the case, I'd buy it today, stay with the Tudor body, and build a Challenge car with a Miata drivetrain.

JoeyM
JoeyM Mod Squad
1/22/20 5:24 p.m.
Woody said

If that were the case, I'd buy it today, stay with the Tudor body, and build a Challenge car with a Miata drivetrain.

Now That would be an awesome build.  Keep it in mind for a future project. We just need to find you a body...

Ray_pilot
Ray_pilot New Reader
1/23/20 12:32 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :let's talk.  Do you have a speedster kit?  Interested in a trade?

email is n247rf@gmail.com

Stampie
Stampie UltimaDork
1/23/20 1:45 p.m.

In reply to Ray_pilot :

Email sent. 

9 10 11

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
KNugzaVALm5UYeM4d5PPl1EK2Z22ayw3AD7xDhu9da2UD1bhY67k4fhSaBALJfHH