1 2
Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette New Reader
8/17/08 11:42 a.m.

Dune Buggy would be easy and sell body , you could turn it real easy take the cash and trade up . It crushes for $200 at the junk yard . Its sounds like a $200 CD that will mature very quik into $750 .

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair HalfDork
8/17/08 12:35 p.m.
Karl La Follette wrote: Dune Buggy would be easy and sell body , you could turn it real easy take the cash and trade up . It crushes for $200 at the junk yard . Its sounds like a $200 CD that will mature very quik into $750 .

yep. if you've got the space and a few hours a day, you can make decent coin parting stuff out.

Jax2A
Jax2A HalfDork
8/18/08 6:56 a.m.
AngryCorvair wrote:
Karl La Follette wrote: Dune Buggy would be easy and sell body , you could turn it real easy take the cash and trade up . It crushes for $200 at the junk yard . Its sounds like a $200 CD that will mature very quik into $750 .
yep. if you've got the space and a few hours a day, you can make decent coin parting stuff out.

I know I could make some money on it, but I was looking for a rolling project for a dailey driver. I'm going back for a better look and am looking into how difficult it will be to replace the pans. Still haven't waived my claim on it yet. We'll see...

Volksroddin
Volksroddin Reader
8/18/08 4:58 p.m.

the pan is not hard. The heating channel is anthor thing thoe. I should be getting my beetle back this week! I am having a shop doing my floor/heating channels.(I live in apartment) $200 my wife still thinks thats a good deal.

rustyvw
rustyvw HalfDork
8/18/08 5:55 p.m.

If you do get it, let me know if you need parts. I've got a mostly complete beetle I can take parts off of.

carzan
carzan New Reader
8/18/08 9:16 p.m.

There was a VW car show here a couple of weeks ago. Apparently they can be addictive as my wife, who showed little interest prior to the show, suddenly was saying she wanted one.

Jax2A
Jax2A HalfDork
8/19/08 7:04 a.m.
Volksroddin wrote: the pan is not hard. The heating channel is anthor thing thoe. I should be getting my beetle back this week! I am having a shop doing my floor/heating channels.(I live in apartment) $200 my wife still thinks thats a good deal.

Are the heat channels structural? If I can live with the cold, do I have to replace them or can I get away with replacing just the pans?

rustyvw wrote: If you do get it, let me know if you need parts. I've got a mostly complete beetle I can take parts off of.

Cool, thanks.

I talked to the guy and am going back this Friday for a in depth look. Going to remove all the extra parts from the cabin and nose and inventory all that. Then tear out the house carpeting that had been laid in it to get a better evaluation of the floor structure. Also will take a can of Kroil with me to see what I can get moving.

ClemSparks
ClemSparks SuperDork
8/19/08 10:00 a.m.

I'm also interested in an aircooled bug. I have no aspirations of purchasing a "driving project" though. I've done that with many cars...but a bug just couldn't be one of them. In this area, anything I would want to buy needs enough rust repair to be a full resto.

The cool thing is that it seems a full resto can be done with relatively low dollars and time (remember, I said relatively).

Clem

Volksroddin
Volksroddin Reader
8/19/08 11:34 a.m.

the channels are the outer most part of the body be side the runing board. So I belive they are. If eny thing pick it up and put in $2008 classifieds. I'm pretty sure some one would pic it up.

Jax2A
Jax2A HalfDork
8/19/08 2:47 p.m.
rustyvw wrote: If you do get it, let me know if you need parts. I've got a mostly complete beetle I can take parts off of.

rustyvw, Your beetle got a usable pedal set? If so, what would you get me for that? You can PM me if you want. Thanks,

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
FoO6QRa1GdVgqG765cLnhqznr3MZbEerr5UGdBABlmV0jCeBpEEwn9GEddemvYEI