1 2
stan
stan UltraDork
6/5/15 7:39 a.m.
yupididit wrote: I don't know much about these cars. But, I've seen this car. I'm going to assume it's a Bavaria.

If the car I was going to look at was a 2-door I'd be twice as inclined to buy it...

...and that's one pretty car on stanceworks.

bmwbav
bmwbav Reader
6/5/15 11:33 a.m.

The two door is the coupe (E9) 3.0CS. You won't find those for grassroots pricing regardless of condition. They are a whole different beast, sharing the running gear and some suspension with the Bavaria, but not much else. They have far worse rust problems, but are very good looking.

Rupert
Rupert Dork
6/6/15 2:57 p.m.

Or an alternative might be the 810(also branded Maxima)Datsun of the same era. AGAIN I'D CHECK FOR RUST!! Similar car, similar setup, much cheaper repair parts.

bmwbav
bmwbav Reader
6/8/15 3:00 p.m.

So... Did you take a look? Verdict?

stan
stan UltraDork
6/17/15 8:05 a.m.
bmwbav wrote: So... Did you take a look? Verdict?

Finally got a chance to check it out Monday afternoon. Biggest problem I saw with it was both front doors being rusted. We went to look at the parts-car hoping they were ok. They weren't. Parts-car sits outside and had now sunk down to its axles. Both cars are complete and would make great parts cars, but I'm not going to attempt the resurrection of the #1 car. Too bad they weren't Volvos or Datsuns or something a bit less pricey as it would have been a lot of fun learning on the parts car.

If anyone is interesting the seller is really motivated and making me an offer that is too good to pass on. Almost.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
b6nNLT0hegpSdtVTGNns9wxZlzpGfWKFj1McgD1mpwYlf7yxAIv0d9Mv00R3lXBo