hobiercr (FS)
hobiercr (FS) SuperDork
1/14/21 3:04 p.m.

Ad from private Saab 99 FB group

Ok hive, need help on what the value is for this car. These are becoming rarer and especially in this condition, but they come on the market so infrequently it's hard to know what the value is. I have a nephew in Vegas (not a car guy) who can put eyes on it for me so if this does progress it won't be sight unseen. While I like the chrome bumper version, the 2.0 w/fuel injection is a selling point.

From ad: "All original no rust California Nevada car brilliant yellow 2.0 liter fuel injected new upholstery and headliner 63000 mile original 4 Speed manual Inca rims also original rims included. Also updated with EMS tachometer with quartz clock. 5000 or best offer.."

From seller: "Mostly original car no rust California Nevada car new fuel pressure regulator injectors muffler system runs good gearbox good reupholstered interior and headliner drilled and slotted rotors Inca rims I'll throw in original steelies and hubcaps along with extra drive shaft and hubs someone gave me"

"Bought the car from the original owner probably owned it for 10 years just another speaker I added it's got two speakers in the back and one in the dash you can always just take it out also have a power booster under the rear seat comes with it old school Alpine CD player yes car needs tires cast and Camber needs to be set it's mostly been sitting around for the last few years haven't had time to use it start up and drive just fine oils are okay recent also new master cylinder rebuilt slave cylinder going to need a little TLC but but a true time capsule unmolested"

Full disclosure: I have a '70 Saab 99 w/1.7L carbed engine that needs rust repair, new gas tank, paint, and interior work.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ PowerDork
1/14/21 3:09 p.m.

Offer $3k?  I don't know, it might be worth the asking price if it's clean underneath- look at the SEATS, and those wheels!

ddavidv
ddavidv PowerDork
1/14/21 4:21 p.m.

Saab engine swap or the original Triumph crap motor?

hobiercr (FS)
hobiercr (FS) SuperDork
1/14/21 4:30 p.m.

In reply to ddavidv :

The yellow '73 has the original 2.0L Saab engine with FI. My '70 has the 1.7L Triumph motor.

BoxheadTim (Forum Supporter)
BoxheadTim (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
1/14/21 4:35 p.m.

Given the condition most 99s seem to be in these days (about to return to Earth) I don't think the asking price is out of line.

Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter)
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
1/14/21 5:52 p.m.

In reply to hobiercr (FS) :

Book your plane ticket first. Offer $3k, but be prepared to pay $4500. I don't think that's out of line if the overal condition is as good as it presents. 

02Pilot
02Pilot UltraDork
1/14/21 5:53 p.m.

If I was in the market, and if it's really solid throughout, I wouldn't hesitate to pay what he's asking.

hobiercr (FS)
hobiercr (FS) SuperDork
1/16/21 1:50 p.m.

and GONE! That was quick. I had been talking with seller and he couldn't show the car this weekend as he was at a sports tournament with his son all weekend (8am-6pm). Someone either worked around that and/or committed based on the seller's details/photos. Que sera sera.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) MegaDork
1/16/21 2:35 p.m.

I see 900s all the time and 96s don't seem too hard to find but I never see any 99s. They seem to have vanished. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
3OkttvtSiVcgFY064zaIJ9IaSVTIyx4BrCHPjkwW1YQZfcJCPDFTRrXk8mgII6yG