1 2
GTXVette
GTXVette SuperDork
10/20/18 3:50 p.m.

I bet those girls cost more than a Challenge Car.

Ranger50
Ranger50 UltimaDork
10/20/18 4:23 p.m.
GTXVette said:

And that’s just the various implants....

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
10/20/18 8:57 p.m.
GTXVette said:

In true Challenge fashion, they'll have some miles on them and perhaps some questionable modifications. 

Stampie
Stampie UberDork
10/20/18 10:15 p.m.

So how would an all (edit) female Challenge team feel seeing the last few post?  Or maybe a parent who's daughter wants to join a high school team?  Think they might decide the Challenge isn't for them?

rdcyclist
rdcyclist Reader
10/20/18 10:20 p.m.
Stampie said:

So how would an all girl Challenge team feel seeing the last few post?  Or maybe a parent who's daughter wants to join a high school team?  Think they might decide the Challenge isn't for them?

Yep, this isn't just a boy's club. Sometimes it's hard to remember that.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
10/21/18 7:26 a.m.
Stampie said:

So how would an all (edit) female Challenge team feel seeing the last few post?  Or maybe a parent who's daughter wants to join a high school team?  Think they might decide the Challenge isn't for them?

This doesn’t have enough up votes yet.  

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
10/21/18 7:42 a.m.
John Welsh said:
MrJoshua said:

Uh oh: 

During the concours, there are no minimum clothing requirements.

I still have visions of Nopi Nationals-esque models for my car at the GRM judging   

Self edit. 

Thanks for keeping me in check. 

yes

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
10/21/18 8:29 a.m.

As a father who is bringing his High School aged daughter (team leader), I just told her to step up her karate and be willing to kick some moron azz !

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
10/21/18 7:36 p.m.

I think someone needs to make a sticky in the build thread section of the forum containing links to the potential challenge car builds going on.  

Robbie
Robbie UltimaDork
10/21/18 7:52 p.m.

In reply to Andy Neuman :

That's one of my favorite parts of the challenge. Showing up and seeing all the build threads IRL.

There definitely should be a way to tag or flag challenge builds.

n8
n8 New Reader
10/22/18 8:54 a.m.

I still don't understand why there isn't a Challenge specific sub-forum.

Robbie
Robbie UltimaDork
10/22/18 9:10 a.m.
Andy Neuman said:

I think someone needs to make a sticky in the build thread section of the forum containing links to the potential challenge car builds going on.  

I have an idea - can we get a volunteer to make a second account on here and 'watch' all the challenge build threads? That way we could post a sticky link to that person's watch list and not only could you see all the challenge builds you could also see when the threads were last updated. I'd be happy to do it if you guys think it would be a good idea.

Robbie
Robbie UltimaDork
10/22/18 9:21 a.m.

Test: If I post this link can you all see my watchlist? (i.e. its not somehow 'private' to the login I use)

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/watchlist/rcutclif/

Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled Reader
10/22/18 9:43 a.m.

I can see it yes

Robbie
Robbie UltimaDork
10/22/18 9:45 a.m.
Dead_Sled said:

I can see it yes

Sweet. Then we commence posting challenge builds here:

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/grm/please-link-your-2000-challenge-build-here/144111/page1/

sleepyhead
sleepyhead Dork
10/25/18 3:00 a.m.

https://2000challenge.com/stuff-you-can-win/

wow, that's a lot of trophies... Tom better start getting to work on them now

rdcyclist
rdcyclist Reader
10/25/18 9:25 a.m.
sleepyhead said:

https://2000challenge.com/stuff-you-can-win/

wow, that's a lot of trophies... Tom better start getting to work on them now

If it wasn't for the last minute, nothing would get done...

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard Digital Experience Director
10/29/18 5:50 p.m.

Psst... looks like the new site is officially live. 

PseudoSport
PseudoSport Dork
10/30/18 8:40 a.m.

In reply to AnthonyGS :

Emergency Repairs/Wear and Tear: 

Maintenance is a reality of vehicle ownership, especially when that vehicle is used for competition. We understand that many $2000 Challenge cars can be unreliable, as a winning entry only needs to run for one autocross run and one drag race. With this in mind, competitors may replace parts that break during other competitions, daily driving, trips to or from the $2000 Challenge and during the $2000 Challenge, with identical or as-close-to-identical-as-possible parts without adding to or subtracting from their budgets. Any parts replaced under this exemption must be listed on the budget sheet as exempt, with an explanation of why this failure was not expected and budgeted for in advance. Parts may not be replaced at no budget impact under this rule if they were broken or heavily degraded when the car was purchased, or if the competitor knew failure was likely due to modifications. In the case of a protest that deals with a part or parts replaced under this rule, a group of nine event attendees will be selected by GRM staff, and they will vote to determine whether the part replaced without budget impact was fairly exempted. 

maschinenbau
maschinenbau Dork
11/8/18 2:29 p.m.

I was just browsing through the new website and thought it would be really convenient to have results of past Challenges posted in one place. Maybe have photos of each year's winner. 

rdcyclist
rdcyclist Reader
11/8/18 3:52 p.m.
maschinenbau said:

I was just browsing through the new website and thought it would be really convenient to have results of past Challenges posted in one place. Maybe have photos of each year's winner. 

Exactly this!

And some details about the individual builds. Those of us dreaming about The Challenge would like to know what went before us.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
VErUyJuCP4rT4PSomTupzFEcaAx65Ssa7OoQrkbFgoiBiOuxL2CGDd8ZpfZPtUH8