1 2
rustysteel
rustysteel Reader
9/9/15 6:34 p.m.

I seem to be taking a fair amount of car photos lately and getting paid to do so, always a nice trade off. This one came in the used car dealer that I am doing ads for and I thought, just to make sure it was good, take it for a spin. I have to say I never liked the styling but it drives really well, very surefooted. I put the roof down and took it on the highway, was great. As usual I've been scheming on how to purchase this car and still keep the Mustang but I'm coming up short, on money. This one is in awesome shape but right after I took photos and my test drive, someone came in and was very interested in it. This one is a 2.5i and 5 speed stick. What do you think of these things? I've already you tubed it and watch and great Boxster vs Z4 battle with Tiff and Plato driving.

Here's some pics: <a href="DSC_0001">front

<a href="DSC_0003">side

<a href="DSC_0004">back

<a href="DSC_0008">interior

bgkast
bgkast UberDork
9/9/15 6:39 p.m.

Make mine a coupe

rustysteel
rustysteel Reader
9/9/15 6:40 p.m.
bgkast wrote: Make mine a coupe

I likey.

OldGray320i
OldGray320i HalfDork
9/9/15 7:21 p.m.

I was never a fan of the roadster styling, but the first time I saw the coupe, it was wow. I think the roof finishes or completes the lines on the car.

airwerks
airwerks Reader
9/9/15 7:25 p.m.
bgkast wrote: Make mine a coupe

WOW.... that was the quickest I've gone from something I loathed to something I wanted....

mad_machine
mad_machine MegaDork
9/10/15 8:23 a.m.

I never cared for the Z4 roadster.. the coupe' however was always pure sex

Woody
Woody MegaDork
9/10/15 8:25 a.m.

I don't even like those cars and I like that car.

Grtechguy
Grtechguy MegaDork
9/10/15 9:04 a.m.

I still the Z3. My dads sitting in my drive.

T.J.
T.J. UltimaDork
9/10/15 9:44 a.m.

I have to admit that the styling of the Z4 'verts has grown on me a little since they were new. I can't see myself ever owning one or even wanting to own one, but I don't hate the looks anymore. To me, they are a vast improvement over the Z3's phallic styling.

Woody
Woody MegaDork
9/10/15 1:55 p.m.
Grtechguy wrote: I still the Z3. My dads sitting in my drive.

I came very close to to buying a green Z3 last week. I had the full asking price in cash in my pocket, but the seller wouldn't take it and was waiting for an "I'll get back to you" from the guy who looked at it the day before.

Unfortunately, he got back to him.

pres589
pres589 UberDork
9/10/15 2:00 p.m.

Slight thread de-rail; how did you get into doing this sort of thing for dealers? Are you hoping to turn it into anything beyond this work? This seems interesting...

92dxman
92dxman Dork
9/10/15 2:07 p.m.

Z4 convertibles always looked meh to me but the coupe is pure hotness . The Z3 isn't too bad on the eyes either.

Woody
Woody MegaDork
9/10/15 2:32 p.m.

In reply to rustysteel:

Do you know how much they were asking for that Z4?

rustysteel
rustysteel Reader
9/10/15 2:41 p.m.
Woody wrote: In reply to rustysteel: Do you know how much they were asking for that Z4?

$13995 but I know there is wiggle room. It's only got 84000km's on it. It didn't sell so I sat in it again today, very tempting but not sure how this would do in the winter. Not so good I'd imagine.

rustysteel
rustysteel Reader
9/10/15 2:45 p.m.
pres589 wrote: Slight thread de-rail; how did you get into doing this sort of thing for dealers? Are you hoping to turn it into anything beyond this work? This seems interesting...

I'm a Graphic Designer and have always done photography for clients but this is my first foray into a subject I really enjoy. I'm actually an Educational Assistant now and only do design stuff on the side. Doesn't hurt that we've bought 4 cars from this used car dealer either... If this takes off and I start to get some steady work I may go to part time at school and work from home on this stuff.

rustysteel
rustysteel Reader
9/10/15 5:05 p.m.

Just found it's Sold! Hopefully I can get my act together for the next nice car I'm O and 2 right now.

mr2peak
mr2peak Dork
9/10/15 5:14 p.m.

My dad is picking up an S54 Z3 M Coupe tonight. 3 hours until we look at the car, I'm way more excited than I should be.

mad_machine
mad_machine MegaDork
9/10/15 6:16 p.m.
mr2peak wrote: My dad is picking up an S54 Z3 M Coupe tonight. 3 hours until we look at the car, I'm way more excited than I should be.

just be careful, that car is a widowmaker

mr2peak
mr2peak Dork
9/10/15 6:31 p.m.

I'm well aware of that, it's basically an e30 with 2x the power. He's already agreed to driving lessons. My mom's just happy that he's back in a car with airbags.

SlickDizzy
SlickDizzy PowerDork
9/10/15 7:08 p.m.

I also thought the Z4 was hideous ten years ago, but relative to modern styling, I hate to say Bangle was ahead of the times and the lines look shockingly modern. Also, yes, the coupes are pretty sexy.

Am I the only one who thinks that dashboard shares a thing or two with the Fiat 500?

asoduk
asoduk Reader
9/10/15 9:56 p.m.

I had a 2012 Z4 rental car last weekend. 28 S-drive automatic. I was expecting nothing. I loved it. The 2.0 turbo and 8 speed automatic were actually really nice. Exhaust sounded great. I felt the brakes were a little lacking compared to the Boxsters I have driven, but acceptable.

I like the newer body style and retractable hard top more than the early Z4, but both are pretty cars. Unfortunately the hard top cars haven't depreciated to my price point yet.

yamaha
yamaha MegaDork
9/10/15 10:35 p.m.
rustysteel wrote:
Woody wrote: In reply to rustysteel: Do you know how much they were asking for that Z4?
$13995 but I know there is wiggle room. It's only got 84000km's on it. It didn't sell so I sat in it again today, very tempting but not sure how this would do in the winter. Not so good I'd imagine.

They do well with snow tires....best early ones to get are the 3L/6sp cars.

wspohn
wspohn HalfDork
9/11/15 11:31 a.m.

I like the coupe a lot. In fact I looked around awhile trying to buy one (Z4M version only) and couldn't. The car I ended up buying bears more than a passing resemblance - same basic styling idiom (mine is gray, not blue).

92dxman
92dxman Dork
9/11/15 2:12 p.m.

The Solstice looks as good as the Z4..

racerdave600
racerdave600 SuperDork
9/11/15 2:43 p.m.

I saw a Solstice coupe the other day, they are rare, and they still look great!

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
mT43LqDryy385Ai67LIcyKLBKwdaJQmVhBl60vrJxvYuSnL11xVfdIH3jlyGgo7j