chknhwk
chknhwk HalfDork
7/14/19 7:42 a.m.

I picked up two wiring harnesses for my wife's Saturn in an attempt to install a head unit we had lying around - problem is I don't have a wiring diagram for the Saturn harness. Anybody have any ideas on where I could get one online? So far my search results have been less than satisfying...

chknhwk
chknhwk HalfDork
7/14/19 7:50 a.m.

In reply to chknhwk :

Sorry! LW200

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
7/14/19 8:13 a.m.

A google search brought me to this for a 2000 Saturn LS1

Does this seem right?  

Further hampering your efforts is the huge name screw up that Saturn gave to this larger car.  

Their smaller cas was the SL, SC, SW with 1 for single cam and 2 for dual.  When they brought out the larger car they went with LS and LW with 1 for 4cyl and 2 for 6 cyl. 

The problem is that when you google search LS1 it may very well return you items for SL1

Furthermore, due to a 3-way battle over "LS" from Lincoln, Lexus and Saturn then Saturn was forced to change to LS100, LS200, LS300.  All of this makes it hard to get quality google results.  

Would a harness adapter like this help?  https://www.amazon.com/Stereo-Harness-Saturn-wiring-installation/dp/B0068PH6SA

chknhwk
chknhwk HalfDork
7/14/19 8:20 a.m.

Unfortunately that does not look like my harness and what I've seen comparing the L200 versus the lw200 IE the sedan versus the wagon, the harnesses do not appear to be the same.

chknhwk
chknhwk HalfDork
7/14/19 8:21 a.m.

Luckily my aging eyes haven't quite failed me yet and I noticed that they are all labeled with the correct designation. I just noticed that and it started splicing the male and female ends on everything. Cross your fingers that should work and I'll know within the next couple hours.

chknhwk
chknhwk HalfDork
7/14/19 11:47 a.m.

Success! Now, speakers. 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
7/14/19 8:49 p.m.

Congrats! 

chknhwk
chknhwk HalfDork
7/16/19 1:19 p.m.

Great news!  I noticed when I plugged the battery back in and turned on the car I magically dropped 14k miles!  The Saturn is back to it's pre-purchase mileage of 39,522 miles.  smiley  I'm now the owner of a 39k mile Saturn that I only paid $1500 for!

Wait a minute...

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Cl0IcHjhKvvtyN3YqChza2CgsEmYbeWM7ansS0HKNgZbUquEHZ6P77InzDzbI3lz