1 2
yupididit
yupididit UltraDork
11/7/18 9:00 a.m.

In reply to z31maniac :

That all sounds like regular maint though lol. But, I def understand dropping money on something that is almost unused. 

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
11/7/18 9:31 a.m.
yupididit said:

In reply to z31maniac :

That all sounds like regular maint though lol. But, I def understand dropping money on something that is almost unused. 

Car has 30k miles, some of it was done early (as I like to way over-maintain my vehicles. Plugs weren't due for another 30k, filters were decent, not great. The battery was a preventative move since it was the OEM battery from 2013, and we were coming into winter. So $400 for a fresh battery, coded, and the computer updates was worth it to do it now vs waiting til the car wouldn't start some cold evening coming out of the store or something. 

I'm just ready to get back into something new and likely Japanese that won't require nearly as much maintenance as the euro brands.

yupididit
yupididit UltraDork
11/11/18 11:12 a.m.

Get a battery coded? What kind of berkeleyery....

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
11/13/18 6:53 a.m.
yupididit said:

Get a battery coded? What kind of berkeleyery....

Yep, it's a thing on all recent BMWs. I don't understand exactly why it has to be done, but it supposedly helps with battery life.

Brake_L8
Brake_L8 New Reader
11/13/18 9:24 a.m.

You can DIY the battery coding (and a host of other things) with the Carly app and a Bluetooth OBD reader.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
7SU23XGF8LIkZ3HTDhOyLA1aTMYw1N1kNAtx7g8F0yu3xG0YKJStagDz3BLdRKIL