1 2 3
Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
6/24/08 3:47 p.m.

In case you've missed it, here's the $2008 Challenge page, including the rules, links to download the entry forms and other stuff. We'll be updating that page as more details firm up.

You'll see registration ends Sept. 1... We're planning to try to leverage this fancy-shmancy new database and web site we've got going here to give you guys a build diary or something, so get those entries in, and when you fill them out either write down the same email address you used to register or make a note of your username so I'll be able to find you in the system, OK?

ckosacranoid
ckosacranoid HalfDork
7/12/08 3:05 p.m.

sounds cool, i am working on the car now..its just taking longer then i thought and right now i am not sure if i can afford the gas to come down...since i can not get the longest drive award since the car is not street legel though..sigh....

thanks tim for the info.

evildky
evildky New Reader
7/17/08 12:49 p.m.

gonna get mine filled out today

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
7/23/08 11:00 a.m.

Just updated the challenge page with some more info. Enjoy.

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/events/2008-challenge/

spin_out
spin_out New Reader
8/19/08 9:19 a.m.

Just booked my hotel room. Don't know if it's been posted, but it's the Same $99 deal as last year if you mention GRM. I think it's $114 Thursday, and $129 on Friday and Saturday if you don't, so let the hotel know.

brad
brad
8/20/08 12:58 p.m.

Here is an idea make registration for the GRM challange easy by also adding an on line registration after all we are in the computer age. Then GRM would have the information aready insted of me having to mail it in. Ha that way it cost all of us less money.

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
8/20/08 1:05 p.m.

It's a good idea, but not as easy as you'd think. I do think it's something we're likely to look at for next year.

toyokogyo12aturbo
toyokogyo12aturbo New Reader
8/23/08 11:35 a.m.

Alright someone's screwing with me. You had me worried there for a second. The count down clock shows 8 days 'til C-day. Say it ain't so.

P.S. I just wanted to make sure that you got our entry. When do we find out what # everyone got (I don't want to get the wrong tatoo.)

GUNDY
GUNDY New Reader
8/26/08 12:44 p.m.

Challenge schedule has a small flaw

"Saturday, October 4 8:30 a.m.–8:30 a.m.: Drag Racing and Concours If there is inclement weather, the drag racing portion of the event may be cancelled. "

Time frame is a little short on Saturday

Supercoupe
Supercoupe New Reader
8/29/08 8:42 p.m.

registration sent, hotel reserved, now I need to get the car running.

dherr
dherr New Reader
8/31/08 1:53 p.m.

The Turbo spitfire will be back, registration was sent and hotel was booked today........

Please don't rain out the drags this year, I traded out the old hard R1's for some real drag tires this year and I want to see what it can do

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette Reader
9/2/08 4:30 p.m.

went out and unearthed mothballed cars , registraion sent . hotel booked , not telling wife she is going and how much it cost PRICELESS

dollraves
dollraves New Reader
9/2/08 8:01 p.m.

I missed registration, but I may come out and cheer you guys on, especially since my GTX is still in Florida. :D I'm going to finally drive her to California...

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
9/2/08 8:03 p.m.

If you want to compete, get your reg in quick. Per might look the other way.

dollraves
dollraves New Reader
9/2/08 8:06 p.m.

Okay, I'll send it in tomorrow and include appropriate bribery. :D

aussiesmg
aussiesmg HalfDork
9/3/08 7:49 a.m.

x2 just picked up an appropriate car today, entry en route, is there a fax number?

spin_out
spin_out New Reader
9/3/08 8:17 a.m.

Just curious to know if any "Professional Drivers" are confirmed. Same crew as last year?

Per Schroeder
Per Schroeder Technical Editor/Advertising Director
9/3/08 3:31 p.m.

We're working on the drivers now.

Danny Shields George Bonafede Jason Hueppenbecker

Will be there.

Ian Stewart won't make it.

fiat22turbo
fiat22turbo SuperDork
9/3/08 4:26 p.m.

How about Steve Hoelscher? He's living in St. Augustine now....

127dp (at) bellsouth.net

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
9/5/08 7:40 p.m.
dollraves wrote: Okay, I'll send it in tomorrow and include appropriate bribery. :D

Don't let me down!!

spin_out
spin_out New Reader
9/9/08 7:22 a.m.

I think it would be a good Idea to get a "Real" car to run the autocross to get a comparative time, to let the reads get an Idea of just how fast these cars really are. The Drag times are pretty universal, so you don't need a base line there. The magazine probably even has a car with R-compounds handy to do the job. And I'm sure Danny and Sharron will have their Boxster S and be happy to take a few runs. Comparing a Challenge car to a Boxster S would give the readers a good feel of what these cars can do.

Come to think of it I will be at an autocross with the Fiero in 2 weeks competing with Porsches and BMWs. I may put up a post of the cars it bests.

dyintorace
dyintorace HalfDork
9/9/08 9:14 a.m.
Per Schroeder wrote: Ian Stewart won't make it.

No Mr. Sideways??

He did things with our Challenge car last year that were hard to believe.

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
9/9/08 9:24 p.m.

How about Alan McCrispin?

dollraves
dollraves New Reader
9/10/08 3:40 p.m.
SVreX wrote:
dollraves wrote: Okay, I'll send it in tomorrow and include appropriate bribery. :D
Don't let me down!!

I totally failed. I saw that registration changed to the 15th and procrastinated some more.

But I promise Per the bribery will be worth the wait! Unless, of course, he's allergic to chocolate.

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
9/10/08 8:59 p.m.

Umm... it's not the 15th yet. Are you coming or not???

Don't wanna be Team (GTX)x1.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
U4JQitlPiChT2Raox5WCqzRXiBLegO0ZsYnVxDo0LSxdU9L22T8weyMukydIpyvo