1 2 3
Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
9/30/08 7:35 a.m.
Clay wrote: I'm coming to spectate on Friday. What time are things going to get started?

Things'll get rolling about 9:30 on Friday, from a spectator standpoint.

Margie

Xceler8x
Xceler8x Reader
9/30/08 8:07 a.m.

My bro (Justin) and I (Jason) will be in a silver Mazdaspeed3. We should be there sometime around 8 or so on Thurs. Staying at the La Quinta.

m_walker26
m_walker26 New Reader
9/30/08 10:08 a.m.

It is with great regret that we withdraw the #98 BMW from the Kumho Tires Grassroots Motorsports $2008 Challenge. Factors beyond our control force this action upon us. In contrast to other entrants (you know who you are) we have had our entry prepared and in daily use since March. Our upgrades from last year are rear shocks, front struts, and other minor improvements. You may choose among the following scenarios for our withdrawl from the competition.

1) We were shocked (shocked) to find that alcohol was being consumed openly at last years awards banquet. We are unable to reconcile that behavior with our personal beliefs.

2) Our planned tribute to Smokey Yunick (we cut the BMW down to 7/8 size as he did his 66 Chevelle) ran afoul of licensing and copyright laws.

3) During our remake of the BMW to mimic Smokey’s Chevelle we found several unexplained voids and to enhance the BMW’s usefulness to our business interestswe converted it to a tanker for our sideline business (we are from East Tennessee). We put aside a quart Mason jar as a bribe for the judges. Much to our surprise we discovered that one of the judges was a real judge. We are withdrawing to avoid any unpleasentness pertaining to our bribe.

4) Team principle, Mark Walker, suffered a mild heart attack and underwent quadruple bypass surgery this month. She who must be obeyed has banned any out of state trips.

5) Local authorities have requested no travel across state lines.

6) We just hosted the 2008 Six-Pack Trials in Townsend, TN and everybody ain’t sober just yet.

7) SCCA rules require you to run autocross with driver’s window down. The tracks are boogered up on the driver’s door (it’s the one we had to replace after an early morning altercation). So we don’t roll that window down.

The BMW is in daily use. Below is list of known problems.

The Air Conditioning runs all the time (since we got it running). The driver’s door window is semi-permantly rolled up. The door lock on the drivers door takes a different key (we don’t have). The front seats are starting to rip. The radio doesn’t pick up stations very good.

We traded a VW with a blown Turbo for another 93 BMW 328 purporting to be a M3. It is currently out of service. It served as a blocker for a brief time before………..

Mark Walker

midknight
midknight New Reader
10/1/08 3:47 a.m.

I'll be there all day Friday as Gopher. So if you and the crew are deep into that transmission swap and need anything from the store, parts store, or local junkyard (assuming I can find it) I'll be hanging about. As long as it can fit in the car, I'll go get it for you. My time and gas are free!! Fat, salty gray hair, Jamaican. May bring Rum Punch. Buzz me on 850-339-1369, ignore the drunken message, leave me one, and I'll find you, or look for the black TSX.

Wayne

midknight
midknight New Reader
10/1/08 3:48 a.m.

Jeez, how many post till I get rid of that "new reader" moniker?

racer33
racer33 New Reader
10/2/08 3:39 p.m.

Just one more

onempty
onempty
10/11/08 8:41 p.m.

What were the times of the 2008 winners?

kcbhiw
kcbhiw Reader
10/12/08 10:53 p.m.
onempty wrote: What were the times of the 2008 winners?

The main results page is HERE.

The breakdown of times and scores can be found at the bottom of that page or HERE

Supercoupe
Supercoupe New Reader
10/13/08 11:42 a.m.

where are we uploading our pictures from the Challenge?

Are we using the flikr account like last year?

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
10/13/08 11:52 a.m.

Supercoupe, I forgot we did that last year. Anyone else interested in setting that up again so we everyone can share their challenge pix in one place?

speed42
speed42 None
10/13/08 2:55 p.m.

I think that would be great. I have some good pics I would love to share

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
G2PcXUVQlPjPB6ACh5zJobILpyHt6bB08fgmRx3h6pfhpb9RSPOMBVPmnCBLCtzp