InigoMontoya
InigoMontoya Reader
3/30/09 5:00 p.m.

I have seen in person a white, silver and black ones, all the colors look good, the black did look the meanest (as it should).

I keep telling myself not to go and take a test drive.....

drmike
drmike Reader
4/30/09 11:59 p.m.

"Think of it as the anti-Alfa. " Joe, you stabbed me right in the (18 years of Alfa ownership) heart. I've been dying to try out a 370Z, right up until I read your apt comment. Looks like my wallet is safe again - I'll stick with the old, paid-for cars for a bit longer.

Zafraid
Zafraid None
11/5/09 1:16 p.m.

As an owner of a 350Z (with lots of aftermarket upgrades), I cant say I was all that impressed when I to a base model 370Z for a test drive off the dealer lot. Acceleration was better and handling was a bit quicker, but all of the irritating factors that I replaced on my Z33 were still there (like the sluggish dual mass flywheel arrgh!). Last week however, while my care was in San Jose for dyno tuning at Z Car Garage, the owner Rob Fuller tossed me the keys to the shops 370Z project car. This car was wicked fast and handled and stopped like a dream! Normally aspirated, it was putting out 370 HP at the wheels. The point of my rambling is this, The Z is and always was an enthusiasts car. It is a blank canvass upon which you can paint YOUR vision of what a sports car should be. The car that rolls off the lot is just good-enough for you to get started with. Enjoy the 370Z!

JetMech
JetMech Reader
11/5/09 2:25 p.m.

I just can't get past those goofy lights...

Tom Heath
Tom Heath UberDork
12/10/13 12:00 a.m.

The new Z is generating a lot of buzz despite being upstaged by the GT-R as Nissan's halo car. While the 350Z was pretty good, this all-new car is better in just about every way.

The 370Z's look is cleaner than that of the previous model while still retaining some of its styling cues. Stubbier front and rear overhangs and a meaty wheel-and-tire package give the car a more muscular stance. The interior feels purposeful as well, and materials seem to be of higher quality than the outgoing model. The engine feels strong, too, with no lack of torque down low and lots of power at the top of the rev range.

There isn't much not to like about the new Z, although our well-optioned example was a little pricey. The base model car has an MSRP just under $30,000.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
eZfhFhRP7XsecipaLKZQifeQhZF13UEkwajvd51GqIpFUAUCMXBNJm9T9dAxPQrs