pinchvalve
pinchvalve MegaDork
3/7/11 2:51 p.m.

It seems in keeping with Toyota's corporate policy of no fun cars.

jrg77
jrg77 Reader
3/13/11 8:43 p.m.

Supposedly the '11 model comes with a 6-speed. Maybe that would make a big enough difference. Otherwise the spark for performance is reserved for those that can afford a Ferrari.

sanman
sanman HalfDork
7/11/11 3:30 p.m.

Does this car still have the availability of the TRD handling components available? I remember the rear sway bar and trd suspension components making a good difference in handling in the 1st gen model.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
12/10/13 12:00 a.m.

When the original Scion tC made its debut more than five years ago, it was fighting for attention against a crowded market. Competitors included the Toyota Celica--a staple for decades--plus the Mitsubishi Eclipse and Acura Integra.

These days, however, the Eclipse has received its marching orders, while the Celica and Integra are long gone. The tC, on the other hand, received a redo for the 2011 model year.

The shape is familiar, as the new car is instantly recognizeable as a tC. The glass roof and hatchback body also remain.

What's new? The track is slightly wider, and the old 2.4-liter engine has been replaced by a 2.5-liter version.

HIDGolf
HIDGolf New Reader
7/19/15 2:56 p.m.

Anyone know if the "Spec" TCs with the 16" steel wheels share the wheels with corolla or camry?

Asking for a friend...

17's and potholes are problematic.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/19/15 3:10 p.m.

If I remember correctly, the Tc shares the pattern with the FR-S, 5x100. The center bore needs to be machines 2mm (I think) to fit the FR-s.

HIDGolf
HIDGolf New Reader
7/19/15 3:51 p.m.

Thanks for the comment, the Spec TC was pretty rare, apparently. I thought we could find a set of take offs for cheap and replace their bent/curbed/17's. The steelies from the Camry are plentiful, but they have different part numbers than the TC. They may be wider as the Camry uses wider tires? (205 vs 215)

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed SuperDork
7/19/15 5:17 p.m.

Interesting thread. 7 posts that span 4 years.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
b0xDdXA0WGYTx7brVahDKrEGfyaVPw7UN9NnChQ1kY0ipiyElYYABTNk4lu4CDul