1 2
4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury SuperDork
10/14/11 3:37 p.m.
jstein77 wrote:
4cylndrfury wrote: Tiny back window-DO NOT WANT Stupid high beltline - DO NOT WANT Heavy - DO NOT WANT
You call 2500 lbs heavy? Not these days, it isn't, and if the turbo version doesn't gain much weight it will have a fairly respectable power to weight ratio. Agree completely with the first two. I would put in a backup camera.

Heavy is and is not a relative thing. 2500 lbs is not too bad relative to most new cars...compared to the hatches I was cutting my teeth on in the early 90s, its a barge. I will continue to call 2500lbs heavy for as long as I enjoy cars...so yea, its pretty heavy...

also paige 2 pwnage

madnmas1
madnmas1 New Reader
3/4/13 7:23 p.m.

I registered on this site simply to bad mouth Veloster. My husband bought the Veloster in 2012. He needed a car that had good gas mileage but with a somewhat sporty look. To give you an idea, next month will be a year and it already has 25k miles on it. Long story short within one week the car died, antifreeze everywhere, and they had to replace the gasket. It started shaking real bad and Hyundai did not want to let us trade it in. We went the BBB route and did not win. Took it in recently for FOUR recalls..the sunroof is known to shatter at high way speeds, the rear calibers had to be replaced and were a safety issue, the mileage was misadvertised and now we get a refund check for mileage every so often by having to bring it in and have it read by a certified dealership. It is the biggest mess ever. We learned our lesson by purchasing a car before it had a while to be out. Good luck. Anyone that stops and tells us how nice it is...we let 'em have the information and tell them to pass it along. Worst. Purchase. Ever.

alex
alex UltraDork
3/4/13 8:19 p.m.

^^This is getting a little old.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg UltimaDork
3/4/13 8:25 p.m.

Yet I have 105K on my Elantra and it hasn't even needed brake pads.

Shrug, maybe its the way you drive it

belteshazzar
belteshazzar UberDork
3/4/13 9:04 p.m.

trouble just revolves around certain people.

strangely enough, the same kind of people who make posts like that one.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg UltimaDork
3/4/13 9:06 p.m.

Cross posting, trouble making, Canoe

petegossett
petegossett UberDork
3/4/13 9:16 p.m.
aussiesmg wrote: Yet I have 105K on my Elantra and it hasn't even needed brake pads. Shrug, maybe its the way you drive it

I've had my Accent airborne more times than I care to count, and its held up surprisingly well the last 50,000 miles.

BAMF
BAMF HalfDork
3/4/13 9:25 p.m.
madnmas1 wrote: I registered on this site simply to bad mouth Veloster.

Classy. Are you planning to stick around and contribute anything else?

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltraDork
3/5/13 7:34 a.m.
petegossett wrote:
aussiesmg wrote: Yet I have 105K on my Elantra and it hasn't even needed brake pads. Shrug, maybe its the way you drive it
I've had my Accent airborne more times than I care to count, and its held up surprisingly well the last 50,000 miles.

I won't discuss the hell the wife's Accent has been through the last 100+k miles, and we don't even know what happened the first 100+k miles to it. The Elantra was a daily driver plus auto-x'er for 4 years. It offered no issues in 10 years and 160k miles.

I've beat them both with one no-start in 11 years (bad crank sensor on the accent at 180k miles).

Appleseed
Appleseed PowerDork
3/5/13 8:55 a.m.

Stop badmouthing Hyundai, Bob.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
3/5/13 9:10 a.m.

I registered on this site purely to badmouth Hyundai.

It's been a long time coming, but today is the day.

iceracer
iceracer UberDork
3/5/13 9:25 a.m.
FlightService wrote: Saw one at the Hyundai dealership today in my back yard. Has quite possibly the most interesting rear end on a car I have seen since the Juke. Any one have any opinions yet?

Interesting is one way to put it.

CantonRacingProducts
CantonRacingProducts New Reader
3/5/13 10:30 a.m.

We've been working with the hyundai. Our contact there is trying to create a hyundai performance division and we have been supply some parts for testing.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltraDork
3/5/13 12:01 p.m.
CantonRacingProducts wrote: We've been working with the hyundai. Our contact there is trying to create a hyundai performance division and we have been supply some parts for testing.

You need to offer a coilover kit with custom spring rates for the MD/UD Elantra and the Forte.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg UltimaDork
3/5/13 12:59 p.m.
Bobzilla wrote:
CantonRacingProducts wrote: We've been working with the hyundai. Our contact there is trying to create a hyundai performance division and we have been supply some parts for testing.
You need to offer a coilover kit with custom spring rates for the MD/UD Elantra and the Forte.

Hell yes.

ReverendDexter
ReverendDexter UberDork
3/5/13 2:09 p.m.
Bobzilla wrote: You need to offer a coilover kit with custom spring rates for the MD/UD Elantra and the Forte.

From what I understand, the Veloster could really use some upgraded springs and dampers, too.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
3/5/13 2:10 p.m.
ReverendDexter wrote:
Bobzilla wrote: You need to offer a coilover kit with custom spring rates for the MD/UD Elantra and the Forte.
From what I understand, the Veloster could really use some upgraded springs and dampers, too.

Pierce Motorsports is working on development with the Veloster as well.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltraDork
3/5/13 2:18 p.m.

well, that is good news, since the veloster, MD/UD and the Forte all share the same basic underpinnings.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltraDork
3/11/13 11:47 a.m.

Looks like the Forte/Veloster are using the same suspension, likely means the Veloster/Elantra are as well.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg UltimaDork
3/11/13 12:58 p.m.

Awesome news

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltraDork
3/11/13 1:07 p.m.
aussiesmg wrote: Awesome news

nevermind.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners