7 8 9
Pat
Pat HalfDork
10/16/13 8:34 a.m.

In reply to spin_out:

Sales tax was never in the rules...Per's clarification in '10 has been the guiding principle regarding sales tax for the rules (GRM's interpretation) as they've been written for the last few years, including '13 until Alan brought that into question.

I have a hard time believing that given the surfacing of Per's ruling that we've all been working with for years, with a set of rules that have not changed within that time frame, that the official GRM interpretation would change with less than a month to go until the event. If it did, that would have a huge impact on many challengers and likely put them over budget.

spin_out
spin_out Reader
10/17/13 7:57 a.m.

Good point.

If we bought everything at a local shop, we could be 7% over the limit.
We did not do that, but 7% of 2013 is $140 over. Yikes !! It does not affect us, but with less than a month before The Show it makes sense to stick with the general understanding. Everyone who read Per's thread, myself included, believed that "sales tax does not count" was a done deal.

I believe the lug nut / wheel stud exclusion went into practice a year before it was officially in the rules, because of Per's on-line notification. If Per wrote it, you were good.

We have almost no sales tax items this year, but I am 100% fine competing against cars that don't count their sales tax. That was my understanding of the rules.

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku UberDork
10/17/13 1:04 p.m.

How is the car show judging going to work? Will we have the opportunity / requirement to do a hilarious presentation? Whats the best time to bribe the judges by sending them surf'n'turf via room service?

hrdlydangerous
hrdlydangerous HalfDork
10/23/13 6:10 p.m.

So I sold the original seats from my car to recoup budget and I installed a race seat.

Since the $2011 Challenge I've installed a passenger seat from another car that I aquired for free.

Would anyone be opposed to me leaving it in the car to take people on ride alongs/fun runs at the autocross?

Nashco
Nashco UberDork
10/23/13 6:50 p.m.

Anything on the car during the competition counts in the budget.

Bryce

Pat
Pat HalfDork
10/23/13 7:00 p.m.
hrdlydangerous wrote: So I sold the original seats from my car to recoup budget and I installed a race seat. Since the $2011 Challenge I've installed a passenger seat from another car that I aquired for free. Would anyone be opposed to me leaving it in the car to take people on ride alongs/fun runs at the autocross?

Not me....truthfully, the passenger seat sounds like a free seat to me anyway.

hrdlydangerous
hrdlydangerous HalfDork
10/23/13 7:10 p.m.

Bryce, I know that but since the seat came from a car I got for free it could be considered free.

I guess I'll bring it along and I can always take it out if need be.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
10/23/13 9:08 p.m.

Put it in. Nobody is going to protest you over extra ugly weight in the car.

Nashco
Nashco UberDork
10/24/13 12:11 a.m.

If you got the car free and anybody else could have got the same deal, then it's free. Since you asked, I'm guessing it's a buddy deal. If not, the rules already address that it's free.

Bryce

bluej
bluej Dork
11/3/13 12:50 a.m.

Need some input on headlights. i tried to search but most comments were about the Clown's original ingenuity on the matter. So, if on your vehicle, the highs and lows are separate bulbs/lamps/whatever, Do the highs still have to be present and function, or just the regular beams? what about just present...

my primary challenger isn't going to make it and i'm on to plan B backup car/build and I had an idea today that would make getting this done in time WAY easier.

That, and I think it'd be funny

hrdlydangerous
hrdlydangerous HalfDork
11/3/13 7:10 a.m.

I'd say that low beams are just fine. Mine are hidden behind the radiator support and pionted toward each other.

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette SuperDork
11/3/13 9:18 a.m.

the drive around from the drags you might hit a hog at night , we also have an incar spot . flea market LED taped to roll bar

bluej
bluej Dork
11/10/13 2:58 p.m.

If I rent wheels/tires from a board member for the event, they go in as fmv I'm assuming?

miatame
miatame HalfDork
11/10/13 7:50 p.m.
bluej wrote: If I rent wheels/tires from a board member for the event, they go in as fmv I'm assuming?

Correct

7 8 9

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
gQ620eeUM3sXohubTu1nlKhSt61Ye0Uwrs8vkMAfKKDdXg7urLtRkHqXU0kQqT3W