1 2
m1sandman
m1sandman New Reader
10/27/15 5:49 p.m.

Massive congrats to everyone that took some hardware home, and thanks to all the competitors, pros, and GRM staff for a great even. We were n00bs this year and came to learn, which I feel like we did. I really enjoyed meeting so many of you and look forward to $2016... If any of you make it near Tampa, reach out and let's have a beer and some bench racing! Steve and family $2015 Ford Police Interceptor

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 MegaDork
10/27/15 5:59 p.m.

In reply to m1sandman:

Steve, Thanks for the invite to Davis Island Yacht Club. Some day, I'll take you up on it.

m1sandman
m1sandman New Reader
10/27/15 6:06 p.m.

In reply to JohnRW1621: You better! :) great meeting you John!

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 SuperDork
10/27/15 6:40 p.m.

My brother and I had a great time too, it was a blast meeting so many of you and seeing your awesome creations. Hopefully I will be back next year or in '17, and I already have plans for a nastier and more oddball FWD Nissan.

pimpm3
pimpm3 Dork
10/27/15 6:53 p.m.
sethmeister4 wrote: My brother and I had a great time too, it was a blast meeting so many of you and seeing your awesome creations. Hopefully I will be back next year or in '17, and I already have plans for a nastier and more oddball FWD Nissan.

Great meeting you guys. How about a quest, it would be easier to haul the mini-sethmeister in...

rich911s
rich911s None
10/28/15 8:08 a.m.

Great meeting you and your family Steve! Looking forward to grabbing a beer sometime in Tampa. We were definitely N00bs but it didn't feel that way with all the great people to hang with! Rich & Team T-bone 1995 Camaro Gran Turismo

patgizz
patgizz PowerDork
10/28/15 8:13 a.m.
rich911s wrote: Great meeting you and your family Steve! Looking forward to grabbing a beer sometime in Tampa. We were definitely N00bs but it didn't feel that way with all the great people to hang with! Rich & Team T-bone 1995 Camaro Gran Turismo

did not get a chance to talk to you, but when i saw your car i went "oh my god that's my go-to GT ride!"

ckosacranoid
ckosacranoid Dork
10/28/15 7:06 p.m.

Thank you very much to everyone this past weenkend. It was a blahst to be there and totaly blew me away to win the longest drive award......now I have to firgure where its going to go when I get home......hmmmmm.

I want to thank jonny prettit for taking some pics and video for me this weekend. I also want to thank everyone that checked out my photo page on face book every day of the event. The very high point was getting al to act as my personal driving teacher for about 30mits for the autocross. It was even more funny to hear from tim after tim to him to lunch he talked about riding in the subby. And making hisctwitter feed...you can not put a price on that at all. I do have one thing to ask in the finalmsheet total? What is the 1008 mean listed in my name mean? I could not figure it out..

Also blowing tims mind when you hand him a thank you note from an interveiw he did for a class project and a thank pic from my photo collection I had with me. With out the zine I know I would be involved with motor sports like I am much less where I am as a photographer.

pimpm3
pimpm3 Dork
10/28/15 7:13 p.m.

1008 is the half budget class.

davbro
davbro New Reader
10/28/15 9:14 p.m.

Great event, I stayed away too long. Hope to be back in 2016 in new challenge car. Who won best engineered and challengers choice (I voted for the Justang

pimpm3
pimpm3 Dork
10/28/15 9:37 p.m.

justang won challengers choice

spin_out
spin_out Reader
10/29/15 8:16 a.m.

I think the Justang could likely be a trophy winner if it comes back with a little suspension tuning. With a 305 hp Cobra motor and IRS it just needs to hook up a little better. Firm up the front, soften the back, find some used drag slicks, take home a trophy. It's quite a car.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
10/29/15 6:28 p.m.

The last few years the Overall has been won on the Concours.

It's a 3 part game, folks. You can't win with only 2 parts.

But I would argue that it was not won on the Concours this year. I made the podium with presentation, the other 2 cars made the podium with engineering.

But this year the win was Andrew Nelson's performance on the autocross.

We all know he can run 10's. We also know he can engineer a car.

My formula for an overall win took that into consideration. I had to beat Andrew by 3 seconds on the autocross in order to challenge him for the overall, because he could outrun me by 2 seconds on the drags, and I couldn't beat him by enough on the Concours to make the difference.

Andrew was 0.7 seconds off my very well sorted Miata on the autocross. THAT'S where it was won this year!

captdownshift
captdownshift UltraDork
10/29/15 9:41 p.m.

I send Andrew information on a testing location to use before next year as well

frenchyd
frenchyd Reader
10/31/15 1:54 p.m.

In reply to m1sandman: Did they have the Valve Cover Race this year?

Danny Shields
Danny Shields Reader
10/31/15 2:44 p.m.

In reply to frenchyd:

Mark Lasota took the win in the valve cover race.

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk UltraDork
10/31/15 7:52 p.m.
spin_out wrote: I think the Justang could likely be a trophy winner if it comes back with a little suspension tuning. With a 305 hp Cobra motor and IRS it just needs to hook up a little better. Firm up the front, soften the back, find some used drag slicks, take home a trophy. It's quite a car.

Even with suspension tuning and slicks it will be outgunned. It needs some weight reduction. I think I overheard someone on that team say it weighed 2600 lb. IF that's right and without the driver, then it's 550 lb heavier than Andrew's VW and 100 HP short.

frenchyd
frenchyd Reader
11/1/15 11:19 p.m.

In reply to Danny Shields:

Where can I find information about the rules.. My Jag V12 valve cover racer.. is looking for someplace to race..

Danny Shields
Danny Shields Reader
11/2/15 5:34 a.m.

In reply to frenchyd:

Jag V-12, very nice!

Rules are at https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/events/valve-cover-racing/

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
eoSJVLZ2o6k2pCfRR6SwAxvsqpH6axWXbnaNMItlMPrXeMIFwTXl5mvyH5wam9N1