1 2 3 4
pres589
pres589 SuperDork
6/19/13 2:15 p.m.

I like the above renders, moreso the one with the Car & Driver watermark, it's sort of Vantage meets BRZ and hopefully an opening hatchback and not just a trunk with a short decklid. Offing the pony from the grill and adding wide-spaced spotlights sorta like the 05-10 GT had would class that up a bit I think.

Not saying I'd buy one new but I like it more than the current car.

t25torx
t25torx Reader
6/19/13 2:25 p.m.

I like this render I saw a while back. With the Ecoboost motor I would really consider this car.

Gimp
Gimp SuperDork
6/19/13 2:41 p.m.
logdog wrote: That body kit is awful. Way too lumpy.

I like it.

mattmacklind
mattmacklind UltimaDork
6/19/13 2:41 p.m.

I like those renders quite a bot, moreso the second one. I'd love a GT right now as a matter of fact, but SWMBO refuses and prefers the Challenger R/T if we go the V8 coupe route. Can't really argue too much.

ultraclyde
ultraclyde Dork
6/19/13 2:49 p.m.

The first render is okay, in a BRZ-with-a-bodykit kind of way. The second render looks like a Fusion Coupe, which is uninspiring for a sports (muscle, whatever) car. Reference the wild success of the recent GTO.

When the last update came out, I liked it as much or a little more than my 05, except for the Taurus rear end they stuck on it. In time, though, it has just started looking bloated to me. Seeing this, I am happy that I bought when I did. I'm sure this will be a badass car, and be the heart throb of a younger set than me, but I'm not particularly impressed. Of course, I always hated the throat-lozenge pony cars they built right after the Foxes, too. The New Edge design was better.

yamaha
yamaha UberDork
6/19/13 3:33 p.m.

In reply to mattmacklind:

Oh yes you can argue that.....That is a clear instance of "You know how you always say you are right? Well you sure as hell aren't this time"

Its like comparing the fat Oprah to Kate Beckinsale and asking which one you'd rather look at everyday.

ultraclyde wrote: The first render is okay, in a BRZ-with-a-bodykit kind of way.

And this comment adds to my hatred of the frisbee.

logdog
logdog Dork
6/19/13 4:45 p.m.
Gimp wrote:
logdog wrote: That body kit is awful. Way too lumpy.
I like it.

They should have gone with the swirley camo. Would have sold more that way.

Chris_V
Chris_V UltraDork
6/19/13 5:05 p.m.
ultraclyde wrote: TSeeing this, I am happy that I bought when I did. I'm sure this will be a badass car, and be the heart throb of a younger set than me, but I'm not particularly impressed.

Well, of course we're not impressed. A smaller, lighter Mustang with even more hp and a true IRS shouldn't impress anybody, especially if it looks like an Aston that can actually be afforded by real people.

carguy123
carguy123 UltimaDork
6/19/13 5:09 p.m.
Chris_V wrote:
ultraclyde wrote: TSeeing this, I am happy that I bought when I did. I'm sure this will be a badass car, and be the heart throb of a younger set than me, but I'm not particularly impressed.
Well, of course we're not impressed. A smaller, lighter Mustang with even more hp and a true IRS shouldn't impress anybody, especially if it looks like an Aston that can actually be afforded by real people.
  • eleventy billion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The_Jed
The_Jed SuperDork
6/19/13 6:33 p.m.

I'm glad the Mustang might be dropping some weight!

How's this for a rear overhang? All of that length and the trunk is shockingly tiny. I think it would have been better off with a hatch.

The_Jed
The_Jed SuperDork
6/19/13 6:34 p.m.

I wonder if anyone has grafted a Fox hatch onto a Mark VII?...

Jaynen
Jaynen Dork
6/19/13 6:42 p.m.

Based on the quality I have seen in the Focus ST etc I would love Ford to make the mustang into a smaller RWD performance platform

aussiesmg
aussiesmg UltimaDork
6/19/13 7:06 p.m.
Chris_V wrote:
DoctorBlade wrote: Nope, it's the new Aston Martin.
if it's a $30k Aston with a Coyote 5.0, I'd be all over it.

You said a mouthful.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
6/20/13 7:52 a.m.
Jaynen wrote: Based on the quality I have seen in the Focus ST etc I would love Ford to make the mustang into a smaller RWD performance platform

Isn't that what they are doing?

alfadriver
alfadriver PowerDork
6/20/13 9:24 a.m.
Jaynen wrote: Based on the quality I have seen in the Focus ST etc I would love Ford to make the mustang into a smaller RWD performance platform

Again, for what market are you proposing?

The sports car market that maybe 20k could be sold if it's amazing, or the Pony car market that can sell 100k on basically the name and retro looks?

It matters a lot to me.

ultraclyde
ultraclyde Dork
6/20/13 11:22 a.m.
carguy123 wrote:
Chris_V wrote:
+ eleventy billion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You missed my point, I think. I don't think it looks like an Aston. I LIKE Astons. Mechanically and performance wise, it'll be a damn good car and light years ahead of mine. IF it's smaller and lighter, that's even more true. I just don't like the styling. The mechanicals are a different thing entirely, but we won't really know anything about them until the reveal.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
6/20/13 11:29 a.m.
ransom wrote:
Enyar wrote: Retro isn't done yet....bring on the foxbody!!!!
Fashion does seem to always reference the past, but in an ever-tightening loop. We reference a different decade every couple of years or so. You get from the '60s to the '80s in a hurry that way

Wouldn't this be next?

CLH
CLH Reader
6/20/13 12:41 p.m.
Chris_V wrote:
CLH wrote: If it looks like the renders above that would be peachy by me. I was never a fan of the overly-long (to my eye) rear overhang of the current version. The front overhang was nice and snug, but it always seemed that the back end went on for too long.
When did we start thinking that having actual trunk space was bad and that this overhang was too long:

I never used the word "we"...I don't presume to speak for others or that their perspective on the overhang length is the same as mine.

beans
beans Reader
6/20/13 1:18 p.m.

In reply to logdog:

Chris_V
Chris_V UltraDork
6/20/13 1:21 p.m.
CLH wrote:
Chris_V wrote:
CLH wrote: If it looks like the renders above that would be peachy by me. I was never a fan of the overly-long (to my eye) rear overhang of the current version. The front overhang was nice and snug, but it always seemed that the back end went on for too long.
When did we start thinking that having actual trunk space was bad and that this overhang was too long:
I never used the word "we"...I don't presume to speak for others or that their perspective on the overhang length is the same as mine.

My point is that your overall point of reference is flawed if you think that the Mustang had long overhangs.

ransom
ransom UltraDork
6/20/13 1:24 p.m.
Flight Service wrote:
ransom wrote:
Enyar wrote: Retro isn't done yet....bring on the foxbody!!!!
Fashion does seem to always reference the past, but in an ever-tightening loop. We reference a different decade every couple of years or so. You get from the '60s to the '80s in a hurry that way
Wouldn't this be next?

It'll never make it past the focus groups, unless they've all got ironic accessories.

Jaynen
Jaynen Dork
6/20/13 2:05 p.m.
alfadriver wrote:
Again, for what market are you proposing? The sports car market that maybe 20k could be sold if it's amazing, or the Pony car market that can sell 100k on basically the name and retro looks? It matters a lot to me.

I just want lighter :) if it can be everything you want it to be and be lighter and get better mpg so I can drive one regularly great

irish44j
irish44j UberDork
6/20/13 7:30 p.m.
t25torx wrote: I like this render I saw a while back. With the Ecoboost motor I would really consider this car.

I like the red renders. This one looks like they just stretched out a Taurus. Weird.

Either way, happy they're getting over the retro thing. It was cool for a bit, but it's totally jumped the shark at this point and was getting kind of lame/dated looking.

RexSeven
RexSeven UltraDork
6/20/13 8:01 p.m.
mad_machine
mad_machine MegaDork
6/20/13 8:09 p.m.

look at the brakes on that prototype!

I wonder how much fun you could have taping up/covering up a normal car like that and driving around michigan?

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
cmOHEWN58dgOtloenfLyKqX4zDrWLf93kHISqkUgJktws3crzc3kw91d4lf1EeMe