I'm rooting for the 86 Mercury XR4Ti

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
9/14/16 8:49 p.m.

Razorback will be there will a Quasi teammate

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku PowerDork
9/14/16 8:51 p.m.

Glad to see you're going to make it. I'll be cheering from home.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
9/14/16 8:53 p.m.
Gearheadotaku wrote: Glad to see you're going to make it. I'll be cheering from home.

That Berking sucks

patgizz
patgizz UltimaDork
9/14/16 9:37 p.m.
aussiesmg wrote: Razorback will be there will a Quasi teammate

JmfnB?

MrJoshua
MrJoshua UltimaDork
9/14/16 9:40 p.m.
patgizz wrote:
aussiesmg wrote: Razorback will be there will a Quasi teammate
JmfnB?

You mean I can't call him Quasi-noshow any more?

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
9/14/16 10:26 p.m.

That's the plan

dansxr2
dansxr2 Dork
9/15/16 4:50 p.m.

Any pics info on the SVT 1/9? I'm an old Exxy diehard.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
9/15/16 8:39 p.m.
dansxr2 wrote: Any pics info on the SVT 1/9? I'm an old Exxy diehard. </blockquote

Not going to make it I am afraid, substitute a SBC MGB

Ovid_and_Flem
Ovid_and_Flem Reader
9/16/16 8:30 a.m.

I didn't notice any college team entered this year. Are they always late to arrive?

Stampie
Stampie HalfDork
9/16/16 8:39 a.m.

In reply to Ovid_and_Flem:

Have you ever known a college aged person to be early?

Sil80redtop
Sil80redtop HalfDork
9/16/16 9:17 a.m.
paranoid_android74 wrote: I'm rooting for the 86 Mercury XR4Ti

Merkur wasn't an option in the online registration system, so I went with the English spelling. You can still root for me though.

Ovid_and_Flem
Ovid_and_Flem Reader
9/16/16 9:41 a.m.
NordicSaab wrote: I heard Team Bolus & Snopes owes Fraulein Rust some beer... that's what I heard at least.

Need to get your ears checked. Been around loud pipes too long. I'm just showing up thirsty

NordicSaab
NordicSaab HalfDork
9/16/16 3:06 p.m.
Ovid_and_Flem wrote:
NordicSaab wrote: I heard Team Bolus & Snopes owes Fraulein Rust some beer... that's what I heard at least.
Need to get your ears checked. Been around loud pipes too long. I'm just showing up thirsty

Ya know, it wasn't so much the loud pipes, but the lifting of my transmission out of its home last night. I was thinking all of a sudden, I'm thirsty. Beer won is going to taste so good.

BTW, did I mention I did the stage 3 lightening(heavy rust) mod... you dont have a chance.

Ovid_and_Flem
Ovid_and_Flem Reader
9/16/16 3:38 p.m.

In reply to NordicSaab:

True, but I'm SWISS cheesing the 'glass beast! In your honor, of course. Or should I say "memory?"

NordicSaab
NordicSaab HalfDork
9/16/16 4:25 p.m.
Ovid_and_Flem wrote: In reply to NordicSaab: True, but I'm SWISS cheesing the 'glass beast! In your honor, of course. Or should I say "memory?"

Swiss, as in Switzerland? I dont get it... Saab is Sweed. Sweed cheese, now that's funny. But, I think you missed it.

The Guerman rust rocket is going to be unstopable!(i havnt bled the brakes yet)

Ovid_and_Flem
Ovid_and_Flem Reader
9/16/16 4:41 p.m.

In reply to NordicSaab:

Switzerland, Sweden....all a buncha limp wristed Yurpeens. All look alike to me. Damn pacifists

When it comes to cheese (products) give me some good ol' Murican Velveeta

Stampie
Stampie HalfDork
9/16/16 4:47 p.m.

In reply to NordicSaab:

He's from Mississippi so you have to give him credit for getting the right continent.

NordicSaab
NordicSaab HalfDork
9/16/16 4:50 p.m.

In reply to Ovid_and_Flem:

Uhhh. The large division of Saab/Sweden builds some of the most sophisticated jet fighters in the world. Switzerland has mandatory military service and hasnt been successfully invaded, well, ever b/c of the rough terrain and well trained citizens.

This is Sweden and Switzerland... not France.

Ovid_and_Flem
Ovid_and_Flem Reader
9/16/16 4:53 p.m.

In reply to NordicSaab:

Why Saab's always get stuck in neutral, huh?

NordicSaab
NordicSaab HalfDork
9/16/16 4:54 p.m.
Ovid_and_Flem wrote: In reply to NordicSaab: Why Saab's always get stuck in neutral, huh?

Ok, i'll take the bait. Why do Saabs always get stuck in neutral?

bigben
bigben New Reader
9/22/16 5:28 p.m.

The list might need to be updated to remove the Opel GT. It's looking iffy. Last minute mods are giving me fits and I still haven't even got to the trailer and tow vehicle (Honda minivan) maintenance that's needed before a cross country trip.

patgizz
patgizz UltimaDork
9/22/16 5:39 p.m.
bigben wrote: The list might need to be updated to remove the Opel GT. It's looking iffy. Last minute mods are giving me fits and I still haven't even got to the trailer and tow vehicle (Honda minivan) maintenance that's needed before a cross country trip.

my car is in the air right now, with new brakes on one side of the rear awaiting amazon who didn't hold to their 2 day prime shipping and only got me one caliper on time.

at least i know it runs and drives, all i have to do is make it stop.

the tow truck is possibly going to be due for an oil change during the trip, but at this point who knows if i'll get to that. luckily my tuesday customers have left the country for 2 weeks so i don't have to go work on their house, so if any last minute BS crops up i should have a few hours to take care of it before the car gets tossed in the trailer and i leave wednesday morning bright and early. have to drop the in laws off at the airport(well, my wife does) at 6am wednesday or i'd just leave tuesday evening and check in a day early. would be nice to get a day of rest prior to racing.

also if anyone has an extra banquet ticket with nobody using it, i'll throw you a little cash for it so my kids can eat. they are 2 and 5, they can split a dinner and be good.

NordicSaab
NordicSaab HalfDork
9/22/16 6:21 p.m.

Anyone that has an "iffy" car should bring it anyway. There are many talented and idle hands thursday evening willing to lend a hand.

bigben
bigben New Reader
9/23/16 8:43 p.m.

Okay, you guys talked me into not throwing in the towel. I'll do my best to make it.

In response to patgizz: Assuming I make it I'll have an extra banquet ticket available. (I have to be at work Monday morning so I'll have to leave before the banquet.)

Now, is there anyone on here that lives close to the venue or between Gainsville and Orlando. We'll be arriving in the area Tuesday evening and like to be able to drop the car and trailer somewhere safe so we're not towing it all over the place.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
RWO3fDSO78Zjd1J1p1ToYSPjR2HYJvJ9jhLeY7pQ2SFheZwMcn9degF9StkZVunn