1 2 3 4
Stampie
Stampie HalfDork
9/23/16 10:21 p.m.

I know last year on Sunday night before I was ready to quit. I'm glad everyone encouraged me to fight through it.

patgizz
patgizz UltimaDork
9/25/16 8:49 p.m.

No quitting at this point for any of you guys!

Car is loaded on trailer.

Stampie
Stampie Dork
9/25/16 9:06 p.m.

How's everyone looking? I don't want anyone to give up on their build but if any of you guys do hit a wall I have a back up. My DD Miata is Challenge qualified. If anyone truely can't get their car there you can borrow it. It's in Jacksonville about 1.5 hours away.

singleslammer
singleslammer UberDork
9/25/16 9:12 p.m.

Well, the car is half painted. The exhaust and such hasn't been touched. The intake needs to be put together. And now I think my radiator is leaking. Should be mostly finished by Wednesday at noon because that is when we are leaving.

NordicSaab
NordicSaab HalfDork
9/25/16 9:28 p.m.

I seem to be on track. Gave the car a proper shakedown tonight.

Stampie
Stampie Dork
9/26/16 9:44 a.m.

Ovid_and_Flem
Ovid_and_Flem Reader
9/26/16 9:55 a.m.

In reply to Stampie:

Woooohoooo....drags won't be cancelled...I'm gonna PWN your arse

Stampie
Stampie Dork
9/26/16 9:56 a.m.

In reply to Ovid_and_Flem:

Exactly my first thought. Second was woohoo I won't be sliding around the autocross on my slicks.

Ovid_and_Flem
Ovid_and_Flem Reader
9/26/16 10:00 a.m.

In reply to Stampie:

Slicks....no no no.

We're running CAM rules spec 200 TW tires. Oh I forget you're in that ricer car.

Stampie
Stampie Dork
9/26/16 10:20 a.m.

In reply to Ovid_and_Flem:

I'm sure your tires will be fine. Doubt you have the power to spin them anyway.

stan_d
stan_d Dork
9/26/16 10:23 a.m.

Just checked in the gateway grand park your trailer next to my truck. Taking a nap now.

Ovid_and_Flem
Ovid_and_Flem Reader
9/26/16 10:33 a.m.
Stampie wrote: In reply to Ovid_and_Flem: I'm sure your tires will be fine. Doubt you have the power to spin them anyway.

That's why they have the water... so anemic old clapped-out c4's can light up the tires. LOL

NordicSaab
NordicSaab HalfDork
9/26/16 11:25 a.m.
Ovid_and_Flem wrote:
Stampie wrote: In reply to Ovid_and_Flem: I'm sure your tires will be fine. Doubt you have the power to spin them anyway.
That's why they have the water... so anemic old clapped-out c4's can light up the tires. LOL

My 120hp bmw can light up the tires no problem.

Ovid_and_Flem
Ovid_and_Flem Reader
9/26/16 11:34 a.m.

In reply to NordicSaab:

That's because it's not a fat pig like this e36 m3 c4.

You got through 02 ready for Gainesville? What you've done with that car that started out as a rust bucket is amazing

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 MegaDork
9/26/16 11:42 a.m.

44 entries listed. I'll go out on a limb now and say that The Quest will not be in the bottom 3rd. This means that I have to finish #29 or better.

If more or less cars actually arrive, still betting for breaking out of the bottom 1/3rd.

I'm setting this as my reference to "success" or not.

Stampie
Stampie Dork
9/26/16 11:46 a.m.

I wonder how many of us are going into this saying "Please don't let me get beat by one of the minivans."

Ovid_and_Flem
Ovid_and_Flem Reader
9/26/16 11:52 a.m.

In reply to JohnRW1621:

I'm like Rocky. I just want to go the distance. And then hook up with Adrian

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 MegaDork
9/26/16 11:54 a.m.

In reply to Stampie:

My prediction is that 33% will be beaten by my minivan!

Maybe even more when you factor in the turbo Caravans and APV GTP.

NordicSaab
NordicSaab HalfDork
9/26/16 12:27 p.m.
Ovid_and_Flem wrote: In reply to NordicSaab: That's because it's not a fat pig like this e36 m3 c4. You got through 02 ready for Gainesville? What you've done with that car that started out as a rust bucket is amazing

'02 is more ready than I ever expected. That car has impressed me more than ever i've ever worked on. I "felt" like it wanted to live every time I made a change to it.

paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 SuperDork
9/26/16 1:02 p.m.
Sil80redtop wrote:
paranoid_android74 wrote: I'm rooting for the 86 Mercury XR4Ti
Merkur wasn't an option in the online registration system, so I went with the English spelling. You can still root for me though.

That works for me!

I thought maybe it was a typo.

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman HalfDork
9/26/16 1:08 p.m.
Stampie wrote: I wonder how many of us are going into this saying "Please don't let me get beat by one of the minivans."

I told my friends I'm shooting for top 50 odds are looking good right now.

tb
tb HalfDork
9/26/16 1:33 p.m.

I always start out telling myself that I want to finish in the top half and I am usually right there in the middle, I think...

A lot of my placement will be decided by judges and therefore subjective. Anyone remember my e30 from a couple years ago? That interior was tame compared to the (probably very polarizing) scheme in this car...

Ed Higginbotham
Ed Higginbotham Associate Editor
9/26/16 1:58 p.m.

Here's the most up-to-date entry list. And there are still supposedly one or two teams that are going to register before the deadline tonight at midnight.

golfduke
golfduke HalfDork
9/26/16 2:12 p.m.

an OG Fiesta AND Justy in the challenge... I must get down here someday.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
9/26/16 3:35 p.m.

Pulled my work schedule, work friday, have Saturday off. I'm right around 2 hrs from gainesville. I might just come up and watch this E36 M3show.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
48zI2cu0u8gWJxq7BqTRDum1SdeDCV2Y3iV6aCHF9e2uiMsLaLiKbPc2v2NFq9PA