Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
9/29/20 9:18 a.m.

My sister was behind a scrapper yesterday who lost a chunk of metal and she ran it over.  This piece took the impact.  She says it's centered on passenger door fore-aft.  I guess evap canister but want to make sure we order the right bits.  Anyone verify this and maybe have a part number?


 


 

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
9/29/20 9:20 a.m.

I got nothing. But I thought you had a new drag car project and I got really excited there for a moment. 

Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter)
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
9/29/20 9:24 a.m.

I've got nothing either, but I've seen two for sale here recently with bad engines & it's been a struggle to not search for wrecked Hayabusas. 

Ranger50
Ranger50 UltimaDork
9/29/20 9:26 a.m.
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) said:

I've got nothing either, but I've seen two for sale here recently with bad engines & it's been a struggle to not search for wrecked Hayabusas. 

They make awesome pit vehicles/push cars for cheap.

wae
wae UltraDork
9/29/20 9:27 a.m.

My copy of the EPC includes Smart, but that laptop is over at the workshop.  If you don't get an answer in the next little bit, I'll swing over there on my way to pick up kid_0003 from school this afternoon and see if I can find the right parts diagram and get you the M-B part number.

Driven5
Driven5 UltraDork
9/29/20 9:35 a.m.

Those are cowbells...And by the look of that damage, I'd say you need more cowbell.

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
9/29/20 10:02 a.m.
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) said:

I've got nothing either, but I've seen two for sale here recently with bad engines & it's been a struggle to not search for wrecked Hayabusas. 

I'll make you a great deal on some GSXR-1000 motors, some assembly required

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) MegaDork
9/29/20 11:26 a.m.

You sure it's a 2016?  What I'm finding on Google for a 16 looks different but the up to 15 looks similar.  Might just be the angle of the picture also.

Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
9/29/20 12:02 p.m.

It's a 16.  The piece i see listed for 08-15 looks similar but with the chunk missing from hers it's  hard to tell.  Someone has it listed for 08-16, but i don't want her to have to buy it twice.  The one on ebay listed up to 2016 doesn't quite look the same so i'm not even sure if it is the evap stuff.  

WonkoTheSane (Forum Supporter)
WonkoTheSane (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
9/29/20 12:16 p.m.
wae said:

My copy of the EPC includes Smart, but that laptop is over at the workshop.  If you don't get an answer in the next little bit, I'll swing over there on my way to pick up kid_0003 from school this afternoon and see if I can find the right parts diagram and get you the M-B part number.

Just out of curiosity, what kind of planning was involved to decide to label your kid with four digit IDs?  I was really hoping that I would only need single digits in my lifetime.   You must be, err... prolific :)  But that sort of planning is normally not compatible with the people that would need triple or quadrupal ID #s.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
9/29/20 2:17 p.m.

Definitely looks like evap canister.  Also looks like a GM vent solenoid connector.  (That could happen.  My S40 had Chrysler evap gear in it, which filled me with existential dread)

wae
wae UltraDork
9/29/20 7:52 p.m.
WonkoTheSane (Forum Supporter) said:
wae said:

My copy of the EPC includes Smart, but that laptop is over at the workshop.  If you don't get an answer in the next little bit, I'll swing over there on my way to pick up kid_0003 from school this afternoon and see if I can find the right parts diagram and get you the M-B part number.

Just out of curiosity, what kind of planning was involved to decide to label your kid with four digit IDs?  I was really hoping that I would only need single digits in my lifetime.   You must be, err... prolific :)  But that sort of planning is normally not compatible with the people that would need triple or quadrupal ID #s.

After Y2K, I just decided not to take any chances.

wae
wae UltraDork
9/29/20 8:01 p.m.

EPC shows a charcoal canister that looks somewhat like that.  The part number it shows is A-451-470-01-59 and it shows for the Smart Fortwo Coupe 451.330, 451.331, and 451.332. 

 

I think with the VIN it can be whittled down a little more closely, but EPC is a bit weird.

Our Preferred Partners
M15iCetx7EDgCEcQE39IIAyj6dQqybxVQTS96PHCsh7lCDDOWPWNJjByCtRxdPeV