3 4 5 6 7
Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman HalfDork
10/4/16 2:15 p.m.
Stampie wrote: In reply to GTXVette: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/282190631380 Shipping the vehicle doesn't count towards budget. Works out to $1535 so room in budget to work with.

Spoiling my ideas of how to exploit the free shipping rules. Worldwide shopping advantages.

Robbie
Robbie UltraDork
10/4/16 2:24 p.m.
PseudoSport wrote: Great, now I want to build 2WD solid axle turbo 4.0L Jeep Comanche.

I also want you to build a 2WD solid axle turbo 4.0L Jeep Comanche.

Stampie
Stampie Dork
10/4/16 2:31 p.m.

I have ideas of countries with very strict inspections being the next Challenger's shopping mall.

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 MegaDork
10/4/16 2:32 p.m.
Robbie wrote:
PseudoSport wrote: Great, now I want to build 2WD solid axle turbo 4.0L Jeep Comanche.
I also want you to build a 2WD solid axle turbo 4.0L Jeep Comanche.

He was alluding to that he has already done it in SUV form and now needs to do it in PU form.

Chadeux
Chadeux HalfDork
10/4/16 2:33 p.m.

Assuming that XJ is still a round, wouldn't you mostly just need to unbolt some stuff from the XJ and bolt it onto an MJ and suddenly you're in the truck class? The biggest difference as far as I know is the MJ rear leafs are longer. The front axle should bolt up though.

Robbie
Robbie UltraDork
10/4/16 2:44 p.m.

In reply to JohnRW1621:

You're acting like I don't want to see that truck in PU form.

Here's a little anecdote - back when I was in college (this was 2004ish) I bought an 88 2 door xj for $250. A clutch slave cylinder later and I was telling everyone I knew that the 4.0l XJ was possibly one of the fastest cars you could buy for $300. I'm just glad someone listened...

PseudoSport
PseudoSport Dork
10/4/16 3:02 p.m.

Yeah, the XJ-R is still. Front suspension would be a direct swap and easy bolt in but the rear is different. Since the MJ is already sprung under we'd have to come up with a different spring pack. I also have another 2wd Jeep axle I've been saving for a rainy day.

Solid axles and leaf springs are the secret to winning autocrosses

Plan "B" could be an XJ/MJ love child. This but lower:

Chadeux
Chadeux HalfDork
10/4/16 3:28 p.m.

So just to be clear. A truck in this context has to look like one, not just have a truck chassis?

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
10/4/16 3:30 p.m.
Chadeux wrote: So just to be clear. A truck in this context has to look like one, not just have a truck chassis?

I believe that's the going rule. So theoretically fakeaminos and unibody stuff like Honda Ridgelines count.

pimpm3
pimpm3 Dork
10/4/16 3:32 p.m.
PseudoSport wrote: Yeah, the XJ-R is still. Front suspension would be a direct swap and easy bolt in but the rear is different. Since the MJ is already sprung under we'd have to come up with a different spring pack. I also have another 2wd Jeep axle I've been saving for a rainy day. Solid axles and leaf springs are the secret to winning autocrosses Plan "B" could be an XJ/MJ love child. This but lower:

That is the coolest thing I have seen today. It is glorious...

Chadeux
Chadeux HalfDork
10/4/16 3:33 p.m.

So roof hacked Honda Accord, go. S10 Blazer, no go. (without the requisite roof hack of course)

GTXVette
GTXVette Reader
10/4/16 4:21 p.m.

DOG GONE A TRUCK NEEDS TO START ON A TRUCK FRAME AND BODY AND STAY THAT WAY. now how you set it up is up to the owner. I like one of my extra Jag rears under a mini with a NA smallblock,Channel it Z the frame thats open. actually Im hoping for a duelly for christmas to race the ford that showed up.

bluej
bluej UltraDork
10/4/16 4:28 p.m.

In reply to GTXVette:

The only logical reason for you to be so against any trucks or "trucks" that aren't body on frame is that you're afraid they'll beat you. You'll just have to build one your way then come on down and prove it

GTXVette
GTXVette Reader
10/4/16 4:43 p.m.

Yea uhhh No. If it ain't a truck it ain't a truck. Comprenda amigo. sorry but my cash is in a vette. If I wanted I have a cobra(not mustang) frame that would work with a VW Rabbit body. But its more worthy than that. and really you wouldn't have a chance where ever I chose to run with whatever I have. "Children" When do they learn ?

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
10/4/16 5:16 p.m.

If it ain't a truck, then perhaps it's a wagon?

GTXVette
GTXVette Reader
10/4/16 5:38 p.m.

In reply to SVreX:

can you Spell Conastoga LOL I liked Ben Hur The Movie What would I know "Bout Racing

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi UberDork
10/4/16 6:04 p.m.

This might get Me there

Toyman01
Toyman01 MegaDork
10/4/16 6:56 p.m.

This just popped up on CL. Turbo, 5 speed, needs loving, but a damn good starting point.

moparman76_69
moparman76_69 UltraDork
10/4/16 7:47 p.m.

I'm in the "it should start life as a truck" camp but I think the exception would be the XJ to shorty MJ conversion.

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku PowerDork
10/4/16 8:23 p.m.

I'm really excited to build something for $2017 in the truck class, being out of the Challenge for the last 2 years has really bothered me.

The fantasy plan in 2 Caddy 500 drivetrains in a Chevy fullsize. 1000 cubes of fury! Fantasties usally don't come true though....

stan
stan UltraDork
10/5/16 6:52 a.m.
Toyman01 wrote: This just popped up on CL. Turbo, 5 speed, needs loving, but a damn good starting point.

I went to click on the link....and noticed there wasn't one....

GTXVette
GTXVette Reader
10/5/16 6:55 a.m.

In reply to Toyman01: that is a great looking TRUCK. A Full Field of Trucks looking that nice would make a Mag.look good, get the handling right Get the boost up it could be quick.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua UltimaDork
10/5/16 7:03 a.m.

2.3 with a turbo could make some good power.

MulletTruck
MulletTruck New Reader
10/5/16 8:52 a.m.
Gearheadotaku wrote: The fantasy plan in 2 Caddy 500 drivetrains in a Chevy fullsize. 1000 cubes of fury! Fantasties usally don't come true though....

Dirt Every Day just did a dual 500 offroad Eldo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKPjLbRbtTE

And there is a dual 500 Yugo. I have been trying to talk to this guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJo2kLMb9Vk

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
10/5/16 9:17 a.m.
GTXVette wrote: In reply to Toyman01: that is a great looking TRUCK. A Full Field of Trucks looking that nice would make a Mag.look good, get the handling right Get the boost up it could be quick.

When you own a magazine, you can write the rules.

3 4 5 6 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
GrUXm0Q7Vu2BQeRtbaUVbpgEMSRQeHl8XilsZQAalerHKULFxQVGED9TNn3sDEqe