Greg Smith
Greg Smith HalfDork
9/20/18 3:29 p.m.

We're going to have an NA Miata, but short on actual funds for a decent set of autox tires. I do have room in the budget for same (since, oh yeah... they're "free" on the budget)

Would anyone either have a set of autox tires on Miata wheels they would share for Friday? Or consider us paying for the use of them? It seems that with auto-x only this year, that it could make a substantial difference in our end result to have proper tires. 

I know it wouldn't help you /your team any, but would be huge for us!!!

Thanks...

Robbie
Robbie PowerDork
9/20/18 3:41 p.m.

I likely will have something.

Give me a few days and I will have better details. Whatever I do have will likely be shared between 2 or 3 cars, so definitely still bring rollers...

Greg Smith
Greg Smith HalfDork
9/20/18 4:57 p.m.

OK. Please keep me posted!!

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett MegaDork
9/20/18 7:01 p.m.

In reply to Greg Smith :

Just keep in mind the value of the borrowed wheels needs to be accounted for in your budget. 

Greg Smith
Greg Smith HalfDork
9/20/18 8:12 p.m.

Not to worry. We have plenty of wiggle room in the budget this year. 

Should I guess a FMV for "used wheels" like $50 each? or...?

Stampie
Stampie UberDork
9/20/18 8:21 p.m.

In reply to Greg Smith :

You don't FMV borrowed equipment, you add them at the budget price the other team paid per the Stampie Rule. That said I have some 13 inch wheels with older Toyo proxies.  IIRC $120 on the wheels and $120 on the tires to borrow.

Stampie
Stampie UberDork
9/20/18 8:22 p.m.

In reply to Robbie :

Would it help everyone if I brought these wheels/tires?  

Robbie
Robbie PowerDork
9/21/18 8:05 a.m.
Stampie said:

In reply to Robbie :

Would it help everyone if I brought these wheels/tires?  

Very likely, if it's not a burden on you!

Parking lot build, Greg Smith, and captain's bg all could be eligibles.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
9/21/18 9:11 a.m.

Robbie, if it helps I have a set of stock Miata wheels on old (not sure how old) RT615's. If nothing else they can be rollers. I think they're hollow spokes, but am not sure right this minute.

They can either be borrowed at FMV, or they're for sale at FMV if anyone wants to buy them. I don't know what FMV is for these. 

Greg Smith
Greg Smith HalfDork
9/21/18 9:47 a.m.

In reply to Stampie :

So you're saying we could borrow them for a $240 budget hit, and some lesser amount of money to cover the use of the tires? 

Or would you be willing to part with the set (wheels and tires) for $240, we use them, we take them home, you go home $240 richer? If so, I'm interested in pics :)

Greg Smith
Greg Smith HalfDork
9/21/18 9:47 a.m.
mtn said:

Robbie, if it helps I have a set of stock Miata wheels on old (not sure how old) RT615's. If nothing else they can be rollers. I think they're hollow spokes, but am not sure right this minute.

They can either be borrowed at FMV, or they're for sale at FMV if anyone wants to buy them. I don't know what FMV is for these. 

Same - interested in pics & your price. 

mtn
mtn MegaDork
9/21/18 9:56 a.m.

I'll take some when I get home and try to figure out a price. Running out of room in the garage, as I now have 3 sets of wheels with tires, and one set without tires--otherwise I wouldn't sell. 

This all is assuming that Robbie (or some other Chicagoan going to the challenge) has room to take them with. 

Robbie
Robbie PowerDork
9/21/18 10:11 a.m.

I'll figure out a way to make space.

Stampie
Stampie UberDork
9/21/18 10:16 a.m.

In reply to Greg Smith :

You can borrow them and just take the budget hit. No need to pay rental although I wouldn't turn down a beer or a whiskey.  If that's the only tires you use they can be your exempt ones.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
3gLCe7uEINFSa7tYTuulzN9pXc2nnWcggh423Dmrz2htqp7HzT22LknIfM7v6dLc