1 2 3
wheels777
wheels777 SuperDork
7/3/18 2:12 p.m.

100 days to go until the main event.

We have tested one car and we are now getting back onto the second.  

14 Entrants so far.

Lots of chatter in the background....should be a good one.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltraDork
7/3/18 2:59 p.m.

Cool.  Can’t wait to see what you and the family bring!  I’ll be attempting to get my original 2017 entry ready this year.  I’m two weeks away from being allowed to work on cars.  Will switch into high gear on getting vehicles going after that.

GTXVette
GTXVette SuperDork
7/3/18 5:43 p.m.

not really on schedule should be there though. for fun I pulled a compression test no.4 has 50lbs . the rest avg. 150. 

7/3/18.   scottb. Fiero club member sold me an engine from an 01 impala for 100.00 bucks.    

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
7/3/18 9:01 p.m.

No comment 

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
7/3/18 9:22 p.m.

Im looking for floor s pace to rent. Won't be able finish up the car in time, so im coming to the challenge for immoral support. 

Robbie
Robbie PowerDork
7/3/18 10:17 p.m.

We hung our motor/trans with zip ties today...

maschinenbau
maschinenbau Dork
7/4/18 9:49 a.m.

3 months into the build and I've already done all the heavy fabrication to join two cars. 3 months to go for all the nitty gritty detail stuff like wiring, fuel system, brakes, and bodywork. Challenge will be here before we know it!

Justjim75
Justjim75 Reader
7/4/18 9:53 a.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13 :

WHAT?!? Gotta finish, take PTO

Ranger50
Ranger50 UltimaDork
7/4/18 11:04 a.m.

I might come spectate or if someone wants a no lift manual shift driver at the drags... 

I just found out my laptop died and with higher education needing a new one... I’m out unless I win the lottery.

GVX19
GVX19 Reader
7/4/18 11:06 a.m.

LOL!!!!!!!!!! crying  This thing does not want to go the the Challenge. 

Lost my job 4 months ago. Can't get motivated to work on that thing. I have lots of time. 

Just no motivation to mess with it. When I do it gest closer to going over budget. 

Byrneon27
Byrneon27 New Reader
7/5/18 9:09 p.m.

Insert picture of busted SRT4 swapped Omni. 

Insert picture of badly blowed up PT Cruiser 

Insert picture of some sort of Vtwin motorcycle engine I found crudely bolted to a RadioFlyer 

Despite scratching up enough budget to build a "new" wiring harness for the omni it's taking forever, trans disassembled and cleaned much much more done than I was made aware of when I bought the car, was able to get in touch with the person who did the swap apparently the engine is fresh and not entirely factory. Roll bar is done, chassis work is done, plumbing and wiring are killing me goal is to be testing with the "small" turbo and  no nitrous next week. 

PT broke a piston during some happy fun drag racing time last week will not be at the challenge in any capacity this year

My dog relived himself on the MR2 yesterday that is the total of the progress on that. 

I was going to deeply misunderstand the wagon class with a formula SAE meets go kart meets Radio Flyer meets drunk with a tig torch that nobody was going to let me compete in I may actually work on that for funzies 

I sold the miata the perfect back up car does not exist 

Things can only get better from here

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
7/5/18 9:14 p.m.

In reply to Byrneon27 :

This year i have no backup plan.  And i lost 12 build days to the angle grinder attempted thumb amputation incident.  It’ll get better, I promise.  Maybe.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
7/5/18 9:29 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

What? Be careful!   

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) UltraDork
7/6/18 12:02 p.m.

*sigh*

Hopefully after next weekend I'll actually be able to work on the Rampage and start getting it into shape to bring. There shouldn't be THAT much mechanically to worry about at this point, most of what I need/want to do is body work and painting. And finally tracking down and getting drag tires for it.

edizzle89
edizzle89 Dork
7/6/18 12:26 p.m.
Patrick said:

In reply to Byrneon27 :

This year i have no backup plan.  And i lost 12 build days to the angle grinder attempted thumb amputation incident.  It’ll get better, I promise.  Maybe.

weight reduction

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 Dork
7/16/18 9:45 a.m.

I had a pretty successful test of the challenge car that would mostly leave odd and ends to cleanup a few weeks ago. Then after bringing it home it wouldn't start. Have been to busy with getting other projects out of the way. Hopefully I can get back to work on it soon. Should be able to to better than last year at least, but I'm not anticipating as good as I had hoped... 

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair MegaDork
7/16/18 12:46 p.m.

there's always next year...

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 Dork
7/16/18 1:23 p.m.
AngryCorvair said:

there's always next year...

This is true. There are other things I want to do to the car that would push it over budget though. Plus I have other challenge ideas I want to do. We'll see what happens. 

Antihero
Antihero HalfDork
7/16/18 1:52 p.m.

I was planning on going this year....but im getting married days after. I would havce 1 day to get back to the NW from Florida to start meeting guests

Robbie
Robbie PowerDork
7/16/18 2:31 p.m.
Antihero said:

I was planning on going this year....but im getting married days after. I would havce 1 day to get back to the NW from Florida to start meeting guests

That's 23.5 hours buffer time.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
7/16/18 2:50 p.m.

No comment 

Antihero
Antihero HalfDork
7/16/18 2:57 p.m.
Robbie said:
Antihero said:

Its a 40hr drive if done without breaks. Believe me, ive checked.

I consider it a good sign that the fiancee was supportive of doing it if i wanted too, said she would drive all night if i really wanted it. But in the end i have friends taking a 22hr flight from australia to be there, i would be pissed if i broke down and missed them

Indy-Barely Functional-Guy
Indy-Barely Functional-Guy UltraDork
7/16/18 3:37 p.m.
Antihero said:
Robbie said:
Antihero said:

Its a 40hr drive if done without breaks. Believe me, ive checked.

I consider it a good sign that the fiancee was supportive of doing it if i wanted too, said she would drive all night if i really wanted it. But in the end i have friends taking a 22hr flight from australia to be there, i would be pissed if i broke down and missed them

Reschedule wedding?

bigben
bigben Reader
7/16/18 4:30 p.m.

In reply to Indy-Barely Functional-Guy :

I agree. Sounds like poor planning. Get your priorities straight man!cheeky

bigben
bigben Reader
7/16/18 4:34 p.m.

Well, I have successfully made a big to-do list for the challenge car, and almost crossed one item off, but had to put the car back together before finishing so I could get it inspected and renew the registration.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
pvOkxX4zksK13KUs96yJYc0Poxbx3yxhNtNZ03r3l74cS1CZQlUV2GM3rK48pZgn