Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
8/1/19 10:59 a.m.

Something odd.  YOu price it out on the Jeep website and it comes up with a suggested lease price, but then you look at dealer sites and it's nothing like, it comes out several hundred $$"s higher.  More investigation needed.

CobraSpdRH
CobraSpdRH Reader
8/1/19 11:44 a.m.

In reply to Adrian_Thompson :

The lease is all about the purchase price, residual value and money factor. The RV is the biggest variable based on the length, miles, etc. but I wouldn't be surprised if the dealers are listing these for over MSRP which is hurting the lease #'s you're seeing.

Edmunds forums are the best source for the residual and MF and LeaseHackr has a great calculator to plug in all your info as well.

I see decent pricing for the Overland on the Jeep site but searches on AutoTrader tell a much different story, with even the Sport S's being priced near/above an Overland.

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise HalfDork
8/1/19 11:55 a.m.

Brother, ordered his Wrangler, same time as I did my Gladiator. he got it $7,100 under MSRP.  No luck for me on Gladiator.  He just got it 4 days ago. Went over to install sliders for him  yesterday. He has new tires/wheels coming. 

My Gladiator is 5.5 weeks out still. 

First American cars in our family in 37 years - 2 jeeps. 

No Time
No Time Dork
8/1/19 11:57 a.m.

In reply to D2W :

I’ve only really looked at on of the local dealers around here, but they had at least 4 on the main lot and 1 in the showroom.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
8/1/19 12:19 p.m.

In reply to CobraSpdRH :

Well, let's see.  I've contacted my local dealer and someone is getting back to me later today on Gladiators and Wranglers.  I can't believe I just typed that!

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
8/1/19 12:28 p.m.

BTW, no one around here would price over MSRP unless it was something like a GT500 or similar.  When there are something like 12 Jeep dealers within a 10 mile radius of my house, no one would dare add a dealer adjustment or they'd never sell another car.  Cheapest Gladiator on the lot is $44,310

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago UltraDork
8/1/19 1:09 p.m.
llysgennad said:
AnthonyGS said:

Oh yes, finally saw my first gladiator on the trip....  it’s really long. ​​​​​​

That's funny to hear, considering your Z71 (6ft bed?) is longer or within 5" (5ft bed).

Glad you like your truck.

I've seen a graphic comparing the Gladiator to the rest of the mid size trucks and it isn't an appreciable amount longer than any of them, like you said. That said, they sure do  LOOK so much longer. I can't figure out what proportion(s) is to blame though. 

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy UltimaDork
8/1/19 2:36 p.m.
irish44j
irish44j MegaDork
8/1/19 10:48 p.m.
D2W said:
Keith Tanner said:

We are heavily in Jeep country here, and I haven't seen one in the wild yet. I did check one out in a showroom in Canada that had been pimped out, and it was super long. It also prompted the discussion of "what else can you buy for $50k" (the sticker price on the truck in question, in CDN). Which turned out to be a pretty long list.

I'm also in a heavy concentration of jeep/truck/4wd area and I haven't seen one yet either. Even the local dodge dealership doesn't have one.

I've seen a half dozen or more in the last week or two here in the DC area. Because of course the newest, "coolest" Jeeps are being bought by well-to-do suburbanites who have no intent of ever taking them anywhere other than the car wash. Incidentally, almost all of them I've seen were during my AM or PM commute on the DC beltway.  But I'm sure in a few months all of them will have lifts, aggressive M/T tires, and lightbars on them (and still just driving on the highway). Welcome to this area...........

I'll be honest, from the rear quarter (in person)  I think they look really kind of "cheap" I guess I'd say. I can't really place exactly what it is. The first one I saw, approaching from far behind it, at first I thought it was something super-old like a Model T or something until I got closer. The rear-view of the bed looks really, really old, style-wise. LIke, much older-school than a Wrangler.  Also it was clearly a base model, with pretty lame highway all-terrain tires on it that looked skinny from far away., so that may have contributed to it. Looked a bit better up close but not nearly as cool as it does in photos. I thought it would be cool to finally see one, but once I did it was pretty "meh."

O/T/: Meanwhile, i drove up at work and parked next to a pickup that looked damn nice. Didn't recognize it initially.....the new Chevy Colorado Z71. Color me surprised. 

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
8/2/19 7:18 a.m.

I've seen a couple of them now. The crew cab looks awkward. It's better with a mild lift and tires. They look small, which is weird because a four door wrangler looks big. Waiting to see how many I see bro-ed out around Houston when I get back. 

CobraSpdRH
CobraSpdRH Reader
8/2/19 11:02 a.m.

This is what I see per Jeep (below). Obviously that is without destination and maybe some options packages, but still, everybody seeing Sport S's at over $42k seems odd to me.

2020 Jeep Gladiator Configurations

Sport Manual

$33,545

Sport Automatic

$35,545

Overland Manual

$40,395

Overland Automatic

$42,395

Rubicon Manual

$43,545

Rubicon Automatic

$45,545

CobraSpdRH
CobraSpdRH Reader
8/2/19 11:04 a.m.

Jeep Gladiator Configurator

This shows the Sport S starting at just under $37k

ultraclyde
ultraclyde PowerDork
8/2/19 1:52 p.m.
mr2s2000elise said:

Condolences. This is how we lose an entire family to imports for four more generations.

RevRico
RevRico PowerDork
8/2/19 2:01 p.m.

I was excited for these. I have since learned, in my personal opinion at least, they look much better in pictures than in real life. Now seeing the pricing listed and comparing it to the Ranger I built last week on Fords configurator, and yea, not really interested at all even if I had the money. And that is discounting the horrendous ownership experience of my last Jeep product. 

Shadeux
Shadeux New Reader
8/2/19 4:11 p.m.

In reply to mazdeuce - Seth :

My wife and I are with you on this. I suspect they will come out with a 2-door when Gladiator sales flag.

In the meantime, I just learned about these:

It needs a JKU donor, but seems pretty straight forward otherwise. At $5500, it's tempting.

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones Reader
8/2/19 7:46 p.m.
CobraSpdRH said:

Jeep Gladiator Configurator

This shows the Sport S starting at just under $37k

There is a $1500 freight charge so it’s really $38,200 if you add nothing. The automatic is $2k and most packages are $1k. Put a decent radio and max tow package, you’re at 42k

impulsive
impulsive Reader
8/2/19 7:51 p.m.

I ended up in traffic along side one last week. It's so long it looked strange.

Given the breakover & departure angles, it definitely looks like it would suck for any real off roading. 

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones Reader
8/2/19 7:53 p.m.
Adrian_Thompson said:

Something odd.  YOu price it out on the Jeep website and it comes up with a suggested lease price, but then you look at dealer sites and it's nothing like, it comes out several hundred $$"s higher.  More investigation needed.

I just did it on the Jeep site. The $342 is with $4300 + tax and tags down. That would be @$7k total down to get to that lease payment in my State since you pay tax on the entire price, even on a lease. 

No Time
No Time Dork
8/2/19 8:56 p.m.

In reply to Steve_Jones :

Ouch! In MA you pay taxes monthly on the payment amount when you lease. 

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise HalfDork
8/3/19 3:00 a.m.
ultraclyde said:
mr2s2000elise said:

Condolences. This is how we lose an entire family to imports for four more generations.

Thank you 

Slammo
Slammo Reader
11/5/19 10:53 p.m.

Spotted at SEMA 

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
11/6/19 5:14 a.m.

In reply to Slammo :

Build it and I'll buy it tomorrow.

pimpm3
pimpm3 UltraDork
11/6/19 6:17 a.m.

I saw a sand colored gladiator on the way to work yesterday.  It had a mild lift and a set of goodyear duratracks.  It looked pretty awesome.

I ended up fiddling around with the configurator and came to the realization that you can't get the max tow package with the manual.  Suck!

gumby
gumby Reader
11/6/19 7:08 a.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:

In reply to Slammo :

Build it and I'll buy it tomorrow.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
11/6/19 9:21 a.m.
Slammo said:

Spotted at SEMA 

Anyone want to buy a kidney and a stepside?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
6cQgMkpFQWna5Y1fGBPpiJwFOO9ABz4CwCpRFtY0QS0RJdqzigi7YA4fIlqSF7q8