Jordan Rimpela
Jordan Rimpela Digital Editor
6/18/19 11:50 a.m.
feature_image

What we’re looking at here is the most popular Mercedes model of the last 10 years.

According to Mercedes, “Since the market launch in 2008, more than 1.5 million units of the GLK and its even more popular successor, the GLC, have been sold. Over the past ten years, the GLK and GLC …

Read the rest of the story

Aspen
Aspen HalfDork
6/18/19 1:15 p.m.

Feint praise indeed, thanks for making this thing so we can have something we want.

The GLK had a nice functional shape that looked good.  This GLC and the BMW X4 make so sense to me, and yet they sell well.

fishertw
fishertw
6/18/19 3:56 p.m.

Your review shows EPA mileage in the 55-57 range. Can that be correct?

Jordan Rimpela
6/18/19 4:00 p.m.

It is a hybrid, so those are MPGe ratings, but our site doesn't have provisions for that. 

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
6/18/19 6:16 p.m.

I love merc’s  I have had various ones since the 80’s. That thing to me is one of the ugliest cars ever made and is the top of the list for the ugliest Merc ever made. However if selling these to shopping mall moms keeps the other cool merc’s being made I am all for it. 

duke906
duke906 New Reader
6/24/19 9:55 a.m.

Everytime I see one of these and the similar BMW model I laugh out loud.  Thank heavens that Honda/Acura could not pull off this type of vehicle.  Can you say overpriced Pontiac Aztek.

If any of you have tried to get in the back seat of these vehicles you wonder what consumers are thinking....we have way to many variations of the SUV and crossovers.  Merc and maybe BMW historically have built some of the best station wagons ever, why not the wagon?  More space, better driving dynamics with lower center of gravity, you only get a couple of inches better sight lines.

Then when you consider all the electronic driver aids, the notion that mom needs a higher seating position to be "safer" kind of goes away.

stop the insanity

Jordan Rimpela
6/24/19 9:59 a.m.
duke906 said:

Can you say overpriced Pontiac Aztek.

This then, is one sexy Aztec. 

yupididit
yupididit UltraDork
6/25/19 11:25 a.m.

In reply to duke906 :

Nobody but us wants wagons anymore.