1 2
Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/29/22 3:36 p.m.

In reply to pointofdeparture :

My WAG is because the take ratio for the manual is so low, they need the cars to be a higher spec and with a higher profit margin to make the numbers work. 

If we want a manual transmission these days, we will have to learn to accept paying for it.

maschinenbau
maschinenbau UltraDork
4/29/22 3:47 p.m.

I get that, and looking back I do sound kinda whiny. I am just sad for the demise of lightweight cars, and cars in general (vs CUVs). 

Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter)
Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/29/22 3:53 p.m.

WOW.  That pricing is crazy cheap.  The last time the HONDA Integra was sold here, disguised as an Acura RSX, the base price was $24,515 in 2006 $$'s. An inflation calculator says that's starting at $35K in 2022 money, so it's actually got a hell of a lot cheaper.

Note. Don't forget Acura is an North American branding.  The rest of the world is just Honda so they were always Honda Integras.  And while we called the last version here an Acura RSX, the rest of the world still got it as a Honda Integra.

buzzboy
buzzboy SuperDork
4/29/22 4:04 p.m.

This would be 22.9 twenty years ago. That's pretty legit. 

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
4/29/22 4:24 p.m.

In reply to CrashDummy :

The dealers are asking $3-$7000 over MSRP for accessories for a Civic Si around Chicago.   Crazy money - it would be nice to see this catch up someday.   I think there are less than 10 in a 300+ mile radius. 

pointofdeparture
pointofdeparture UltimaDork
4/29/22 4:26 p.m.

I think a big thing everyone keeps forgetting too is that we're basically staring down the last wave of pure internal combustion passenger cars that will ever be released. Like it or not, everything is going EV, due to all sorts of factors that are best discussed in an Off Topic thread. All the major automakers already have a roadmap to end development of ICE vehicles. The next Miata will be a hybrid. The party is winding down, folks.

Acura is letting us have a turbo 6-speed hatchback with an LSD and actual paint colors while Closing Time plays on the jukebox. No, it's not perfect, but they could just as easily have done nothing at all.

There will always be someone who thinks it's a disgrace that Acura didn't make a coupe version with the CTR engine in hunter green for $23k and take a huge loss on all 12 that would actually sell to the public, as if Honda didn't kill the Accord and Civic coupes because nobody bought them, even with Si trims and 6-speeds.

I'm just happy that someone in their corporate hierarchy was fighting for this project, because this kind of vehicle will cease to exist entirely before we know it.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
4/29/22 7:59 p.m.

It should be noted that Closing Time was about the writer's child being born smiley

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8jcZLz09rHEI16I03A07ka8siPsTmRaI3llFti0SfVMqJQkNxBXGvHPYoG2MGtog