surprise Yea this does things to me.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
2/10/19 6:23 a.m.

I like. 

moxnix
moxnix HalfDork
2/10/19 6:33 a.m.

I have been saying since the ND came out that I would buy one if they made a nice bright color.  I have one on preorder.

turtl631
turtl631 HalfDork
2/10/19 6:56 a.m.

Bravo.  I love a bright sports car.  The Rays wheels are nice too.  

02Pilot
02Pilot SuperDork
2/10/19 7:14 a.m.

Kudos to Mazda for make the automotive world a little less drab. Now hopefully people who bought these will actually drive them rather than sticking them in climate-controlled warehouses for 20 years.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
2/10/19 7:34 a.m.
moxnix said:

I have been saying since the ND came out that I would buy one if they made a nice bright color.  I have one on preorder.

Congrats.  I read somewhere that all 500 available for the US sold out in just hours.  

The0retical
The0retical UberDork
2/10/19 8:13 a.m.
moxnix said:

Lucky. They were all gone by the time I heard about it.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
2/10/19 9:15 a.m.
02Pilot said:

Kudos to Mazda for make the automotive world a little less drab. Now hopefully people who bought these will actually drive them rather than sticking them in climate-controlled warehouses for 20 years.

No worries there. Previous Miata special editions have been driven and raced. They’re not investment cars. 

ultraclyde
ultraclyde PowerDork
2/10/19 10:21 a.m.

Yeah, that's a special edition I'd pay extra for.

kazoospec
kazoospec UltraDork
2/10/19 11:29 a.m.

I'll still take my RF in blue: 

The AE is a nice, though.  

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
2/10/19 11:34 a.m.

FF to 16:44 

What's The One BRAND NEW Car At The Chicago Auto Show You Can No Longer Buy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeYKLNFbnQQ

Video does better justice than a photo IMO.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/10/19 11:40 a.m.

Reminds me of Scott Sullivan's Cheese Whiz 55.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
2/10/19 12:26 p.m.
kazoospec said:

I'll still take my RF in blue: 

The AE is a nice, though.  

Hey, we have one of those! It’s an okay blue, but not an awesome blue like Lexus Ultrasonic Blue. 

Opti
Opti HalfDork
2/10/19 12:46 p.m.

Man I like that. It reminds me of the wrap thread on m.net, these cars look great in bright colors.

There is a bright or pastel blue one that had me pricing wraps

bmw88rider
bmw88rider SuperDork
2/10/19 12:57 p.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner :

Exactly. My new track toy is a 94M and it's a 63K miles car. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
2/10/19 1:04 p.m.

Tangerine Torpedo!

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise HalfDork
2/10/19 1:23 p.m.
Keith Tanner said:

Hey, we have one of those! It’s an okay blue, but not an awesome blue like Lexus Ultrasonic Blue. 

Agreed 100%

MrChaos
MrChaos Dork
2/10/19 1:51 p.m.
bmw88rider said:

In reply to Keith Tanner :

Exactly. My new track toy is a 94M and it's a 63K miles car. 

If it doesn't sell my rallycross car will be a 105k mile 95M

AnthonyGS
AnthonyGS HalfDork
2/10/19 2:12 p.m.

I’m pretty excited to see Mazda finding some cool colors.  The current line of same colors we use for SUVs doesn’t excite.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
2/10/19 3:41 p.m.

I’m excited the market responded. The 1991 yellow was a flop at the time and the 2003 internet-only colors didn’t sell all that well either. Granted, the 500 have not sold until the fully refundable deposits are converted into actual sales, but it bodes really well. 

mainlandboy
mainlandboy Reader
2/10/19 4:34 p.m.

I'd love to see an ND in the Mariner Blue that was available on the early Miatas.

mad_machine
mad_machine MegaDork
2/10/19 4:51 p.m.

it makes sense. People want appliances.. you don't order your stove in orange.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/10/19 4:51 p.m.

It would be cool if Mazda introduced a unique, vibrant colors every year. No limited editions, maybe a smaller first run at the beginning of the model year, and based on sales, produce more later in the year to match the demand. 

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
2/10/19 5:13 p.m.
mainlandboy said:

I'd love to see an ND in the Mariner Blue that was available on the early Miatas.

Best color for the NA, but the ND benefits from metallics. There’s an ND in Japan that has been repainted in Mariner and it just doesn’t flatter the shape as well as something with more highlights. 

spacecadet
spacecadet Reader
2/10/19 11:49 p.m.

The thing I didn't catch till Saturday was that the 30AE Miata gets all the safety gear from the GT, on a club with Brembo and BBS. 

They mentioned some of that in the speech but my audio quality wasn't great and I missed it.

A mutual friend of Mazdadeuce and I has one on order as an RF on a whim. We went and test drove a 2019 RF club on Saturday at my old dealership and he was immediately in love and cursing me for forcing his hand to spend $40k on a car. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2DmijZdNNp1bekrr7riypHTKNJtivHXRduHz5fMpLebE62wbWklsp3IGw6yXdWf2