dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
6/30/22 6:18 p.m.

Do they exist?  I can spend more. I have seen them for well over 1k 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
6/30/22 7:06 p.m.

If it has bidirectional control, it is a scantool, not just a code reader.  This may help your searching a bit.

What are you looking to work on, and what systems do you hope to access?  Some brand specific options exist for cheap.

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
7/1/22 12:54 a.m.

At the moment I have a 07 Saab 93 that is acting up. But I don't mind a per manufacturer "in game" fee to add another car make.  GM Toyota and ford are the big ones I would like.  Mercedes should be a huge bonus but the take the star tac system. 

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
7/1/22 8:55 a.m.

I have been looking at the Autel units but they are closer to $800 but they look to do what I would want them to.  

I can purchase a dongle and I have a tablet I can use. Is there software /an app out there that gives you more power than the basic torque app?   I don't mind paying for it. 

On a side note the tork  app in not well rated in the apple store.  Tte problem is I am not sure that it is the real Tork ap. There are 2-3 of them all slight variations on the name. 

93gsxturbo
93gsxturbo UltraDork
7/1/22 8:56 a.m.

Chinese clone of a TechII is gonna be your honey.

https://www.chinacardiags.com/wholesale/tech2-diagnostic-scanner-for-gm-saab-opel-suzuki-isuzu-holden-with-full-package.html?gclid=Cj0KCQjwtvqVBhCVARIsAFUxcRvAh6lrvKAav_YrzEa35MbSy2DtJYaX_O0oBjrpv_L8jw05LhW4aRwaAuJaEALw_wcB

Otherwise a VXDiag with TechIIWin would serve you well.

The TechII will do Saab and GM of that era, Ferd is its own thing and Mercedes Star is its own thing.  

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
PKA3JtvReYoMotwraW124NTaFgDIH63LFOg8mrsQDIcpt4vzUv1nkVuHUsDqVlaO