1 2
Bent-Valve
Bent-Valve Dork
6/5/21 7:49 a.m.

In reply to A 401 CJ :

Yeah, that's why I asked a mod to change it. It really is Better Than A Tent, and then people wouldn't keep looking for how to bend a valve in a Cummins.

laugh

Bent-Valve
Bent-Valve Dork
6/5/21 8:25 p.m.

Well we are getting a newer rv. This is from the web but it looks like this:

03Panther I'll send you a PM shortly, if you're still interested in it.

03Panther
03Panther UltraDork
6/5/21 10:34 p.m.

In reply to Bent-Valve :

The Monaco looks nice! How long is that one?

Without having a sale on our Class 8 conversion Coach yet, I'd have to have the "gutted rv and lost interest" level price. Seeing the rest of the pictures of the great work you've done, the kit will be out of our reach. 
I've never heard of that brand of RV, but that looks like an extremely well built unit. 

Bent-Valve
Bent-Valve Dork
7/26/21 10:34 p.m.

The Monarch, which we call Tiny is 36 feet long, our house ac crashed last Thursday and we were glad to have a backup home.

Construction Update, we have been working on it to get it to the point we could sell it,

2 factory refurbished 13500 btu ac units, weighing 90 lbs each, are up top. To get them up there I made a sketchy slide using

the rope system that lifts our kayaks to the rafters. The world's greatest orange wheel barrow did the first part of the lfit.

Once they were mounted, it really made working inside much nicer. I was using a roll around unit which was ok, but these are much cooler, yeah I went there.

Got the floor down,

I have to get more pics, I got the carpet down in the front, and I'm putting in the sides that will hold the table top.

The roof seams are sealed, which took a bit of time to finish. Both vents have new covers and one new crank unit. We had bought those parts before we got the other one. I have no choice but to finish it as much as possible.

Pyro is finishing the table top, here's a general idea.

Bent-Valve
Bent-Valve Dork
7/28/21 10:06 p.m.

Bought a light fixture for $10 at a second hand store, ripped the 110 volt guts out. Had some led tape, wrapped it around a paint can lid, wired the mess up through the switch.

It has a dark spot, but its a light fixture. And its better than the crap plastic thing that was ther.

I got the wiring / switches put back in the pedestal next to the door. The table is days away from being done.

Just above you can see the table top side rail being glued, tomorrow I'll add screws, Pyro is finishing some fancy trim to cover the 2x3s on th front of the table.

The carpet is done up front and the trim between it and the plank flooring really made a difference.

I grabbed some faux wood chipboard plank / shelf things and threw together an entertainment center? laugh Its close enough, it was cheaper than I could find a piece to put in there and give a place to stack stuff.

The photos look stretched here, I hope they look better when this posts.

Bent-Valve
Bent-Valve Dork
7/31/21 3:50 p.m.

I hate plumbing so I have put off the bathroom wall. Got down to business this morning and got it plumbed. Its just from the sink with a vent to the roof. Then I cut a panel to cover it and the wiring in that wall.

Yup, measure once cuss twice... lucky I cut it long.

And it was done by 2 pm, then we cleaned up.

First thing this morning I finished the trim on the face of the table. It adds a nice touch.

With plates for scale it should seat 2 people nicely. I have never built a table before so this was a bit of a guess on size. Also I added an led under the edge to light the floor if you don't want all the lights on.

Before.

Kinda of crowded. This is what it looks like now. Much roomier.

Bent-Valve
Bent-Valve Dork
8/5/21 10:38 p.m.

Five days since I updated the thread, sorry.

Some of the work is fiddly and doesn't make a good impact on the images like caulking around the flooring, but its a detail that will nag at somebody that might buy it.

I finished up the steps with nose guards and caulking.

I cut out the vent openings, I lost the one inside the bed framing.

I made new bed framing because the old stuff was crap! Old framing was caulked (? why ?) and screwed together, because the spring that lifts the bed is pretty strong.

New framing is 2 x 2 and 2 x 4, the panel is 1/4 where the old stuff was 1/8. I think it will hold up better. So the bedroom is closer.

Then I got the bright idea to put a door to close off the bedroom and bathroom. One way it closes both off and the other it closes just the bathroom off. I added a short wall to finish off. This door is original but it was a sliding pocket door and is wider than the original bathroom door.

And from the front.

The jack knife sofa is bolted down and the slide drawer is installed.

Bent-Valve
Bent-Valve Dork
8/7/21 4:26 p.m.

I need a cabinet, less than 2 foot by 3 foot by 3 foot, with 2 shelves, a sink and in a tiny bathroom.

How hard can it it be? cheeky harder than I wanted by 4pm.

I started with a framework of 1 1/2 x 1 inch wood. Like so:

And then I added standoffs and an addition rail screwed to the wal to support the counter top, like so:

Then for hours I for got how to measure, cut stuff wrong, grabbed the bad shelf and cut it instead of the current one.

Lunch helped, bbq chicken and potatoe salad, a/c, sitting down.

Then the project moved forward again:

Oh and these pics are out of order, sort of, I stapled the front panel on and routed the holes before I screwed it to the wall and floor.

I finally got the bottom shelf in:

So it sits like this with the top shelf partially complete, I have to bring the drain pipe in and get the plumbing ready.

I did also make a tool on the fly, a temporary shaper to make trim for this and the 2 side tables in the bedroom. OSHA would have a cow, but it worked.

I can hear the OSHA inspector now,

OSHA, "Where's the guard?"

Me, "Don't stick your hand in the cutter. That's the guard."

OSHA, "That is unacceptable, someone might get cut."

Me, "Well, yeah if they are stupid, but it could be a teachable moment.."

OSHA inspector bursts into flames.

I digress.

We found an arcade last weekend, Pyro and I are going to find something good to eat and then go play Pinball Wizard, and crap, air hockey. She cleaned my clock last weekend, I need to get some revenge points. laugh

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
vQPVmBq1PtxZvmMF1nQuBmecKRAOcWFVl5ICT8CrNo7JQd0fj2tP3at8OYx2dr1a