1 2
BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim MegaDork
4/13/21 12:09 p.m.
03Panther said:
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) said:
Racerfink said:
Maybe I should have called it A Better BAT for GRM?
Javelin (Forum Supporter) said:

This is what the original BaT was! Okay, maybe a little on the RacingJunk side, but still!

Maybe RaD?  Rent a Dolly?  That's how we roll.

One of the tech geeks ... er... dorks... on here ought to start that very site!

The problem is that it's a huge time sink and if it takes off, it's going to cost a pretty penny to run. At that point at the very latest you'll have to introduce some way of making money, because display ads really aren't cutting it for the website (they do for the intermediaries...).

And then you're back to either launching a membership site or an auction site.

ultraclyde
ultraclyde UltimaDork
4/13/21 2:57 p.m.
mr2s2000elise said:
To give you an example, I sold 2 cars this week. One of them, a GRM member went and inspected for me in Denver. I paid $7,800 for the car. 800$transport to me. I spent $2600 on the car for repairs. It sold on BAT for $28,000. It is going back to Colorado. The $16,800 was one of my lowest profit margin on a BAT sale last 16 months. 

Anyone else want to read a Classic Motorsports article about how he does this? Not that I want to do the same, but I'd find the insides of that world fascinating to read about. 

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UltraDork
4/13/21 3:55 p.m.
ultraclyde said:
mr2s2000elise said:
To give you an example, I sold 2 cars this week. One of them, a GRM member went and inspected for me in Denver. I paid $7,800 for the car. 800$transport to me. I spent $2600 on the car for repairs. It sold on BAT for $28,000. It is going back to Colorado. The $16,800 was one of my lowest profit margin on a BAT sale last 16 months. 

Anyone else want to read a Classic Motorsports article about how he does this? Not that I want to do the same, but I'd find the insides of that world fascinating to read about. 

If a dumbo like me can do it, anybody  can do it 

the GRM member who found me that one you quoted  - himself is now getting into it 

he's buying one Sunday for BAT . Looking over his numbers snd the car - he will make $7500 with his eyes closed 

Slippery
Slippery UberDork
4/13/21 4:15 p.m.
mr2s2000elise said:
ultraclyde said:
mr2s2000elise said:

If a dumbo like me can do it, anybody  can do it 

the GRM member who found me that one you quoted  - himself is now getting into it 

he's buying one Sunday for BAT . Looking over his numbers snd the car - he will make $7500 with his eyes closed 

What's your BAT username?

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
HNq4RBOjFvfI6e1IeyPITPRmWhIePXwAVYHOAJtnxYZJLMqu06oLd2FWswaxOU5n