dollraves
dollraves New Reader
2/15/09 10:27 p.m.

Er, rather, a new car for the Challenge.

So in 2008, I flew from California to Florida to finally retrieve my car from my brother's house, and since I was there, I went ahead and hit the $2008 Challenge while I was at it. The problem with showing up to the Challenge three years in a row with the same car is that you feel like you're wearing the same comfy shoes to the dance. They feel great, but they are so out of style.

The day after I got back to California, I found my replacement.

gtx2a

Funny thing, though...

gtx-x-2a

Yeah. I can't help it. I have a weakness for GTXae.

The good: It was $250. I had to drive to Salt Lake City, UT, to pick it up, but the body is in aaaaaamazingly good shape!

The bad: Cracked manifold... and it's apparently the fourth cracked manifold on that block. Yeah, I'm not holding out any hope for the engine block. Good thing I have $1759 left in my budget. I'm going to need it...

gtx2d

Better save some of that budget for paint...

gtx2c

and maybe tires...

gtx2k

You can see where it sat for a few years. Fortunately, the suspension was practically new before the engine caught fire. The undercarriage is dirty in this shot, but not rusty:

gtx2-undercarriage

The problem now is that I got laid off from my California job back in November and I've taken a six month contract in North Carolina. I am, once again, separated from my Challenge car. Keep your fingers crossed that I'll make it to the $2009 Challenge... preferably with my new shoes, er, car!

Oh, yeah, and if you have a GTX engine for sale, drop me a line.

atlantamx3
atlantamx3 Dork
2/15/09 11:01 p.m.

BP-T!!!

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed Reader
2/15/09 11:05 p.m.

Overall pretty cool.

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
2/16/09 8:33 a.m.
atlantamx3 said: BP-T!!!

+eleventy hundreds brazillion!

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 HalfDork
2/16/09 6:06 p.m.

Just grab a junkyard BP and start piecing together stuff. If you need a BP head, i have a spare.

dollraves
dollraves New Reader
2/17/09 7:03 a.m.

Sweet! I'll start looking for a BP!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dZq9X5SSQPpBtVFySibGFTx31JJ8Jo8SFn9Uy7VdCvaFizJoIXIovFfc8oOCeOQg