1 2
Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku PowerDork
4/8/14 9:21 a.m.

Print up some bumper stickers "Don't tip me bro!"

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory Dork
4/8/14 9:44 a.m.
Furious_E wrote: In reply to irish44j: This reminds me of an incident I once witnessed in high school. Watched this guys friends pick up his Festiva (I think thats what it was), turn it 30+ degrees sideways in the parking spot, then park their trucks on either side of him. No way Festiva guy was getting out on his own lol

A friend and I used to do that to cars by ourselves in the school parking lot.(we're big guys). Never got caught because they were looking a team of students, not just two.

Rupert
Rupert Reader
4/8/14 9:57 a.m.

One time I parked one of my 240Zs in a parking lot far enough away from the door to lessen the chance of car dingitis. A couple of guys then parked their cars so close to mine on each side that I don't know how they missed my mirrors. They both put their passenger doors next to mine so they could get out and watch the "fun" from a nearby restaurant window.

I came out & saw what they had done & also noticed them sitting by the restaurant window. So I opened the hatch-back and climbed in that way. Which wasn't easy because of the SCCA approved roll bar!

I considered flipping them the bird as I drove away but didn't. I lived nearby and parked there fairly often. So I didn't want them to get mad at me and actually damage my car the next time they happened to see it parked.

Sometimes it's best to just drive away from a prank and smile!

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
4/8/14 10:07 a.m.

Statute of limitations has expired. I may or may not have been instrumental/involved in putting a Spitfire through the doors of the Russell House at USC back in the late 1990's.

Cotton
Cotton UltraDork
4/8/14 10:23 a.m.

I rode a motorcycle in highschool, and since I got my license at 14 (legal in TN for an MC) I was the only freshman driving myself to school, so naturally I got my share of pranks. Usually they would just move my bike or flip my kill switch, but one time they carried it up a flight of stairs thinking I'd be stuck. It was a dualsport and I was used to crazy offroad situations, so I back it down like it was nothing....long legs helped!

tuna55
tuna55 PowerDork
4/8/14 10:31 a.m.
Tom Suddard wrote: http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Suspects-Flip-Over-Smart-Cars-in-San-Francisco-254177981.html Heh. Awesome.

That is the exact opposite of awesome. How would you like it if someone pranked you by flipping over GRMs fleet of cars because they don't like motorsports?

subrew
subrew Reader
4/8/14 10:49 a.m.
Tom Suddard wrote: http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Suspects-Flip-Over-Smart-Cars-in-San-Francisco-254177981.html Heh. Awesome.

Yeah, vandalism is super awesome. I didn't realize you were such douchebag.

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler Dork
4/8/14 10:57 a.m.

Jeez, simma down, folks! I don't think anyone here actually condones property damage. But we're allowed to have a little giggle about this without everyone climbing on their high horse. It's the internet, relax...

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi SuperDork
4/8/14 11:11 a.m.

In high school My best friend and I moved a girls Yugo under the football stands, we had to take it down a flight of stairs and over the footer for the stands.

After much laughing we got it back out. My friend was suspended for it, which taught me that just cause you can do something and it is funny to you doesn't mean you should do something.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 PowerDork
4/8/14 11:15 a.m.
Tom_Spangler wrote: Jeez, simma down, folks! I don't think anyone here actually condones property damage. But we're allowed to have a little giggle about this without everyone climbing on their high horse. It's the internet, relax...

My sediments exactly. Some people are just plain igneous, but they will never metamorphose.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
4/8/14 11:17 a.m.
subrew wrote:
Yeah, vandalism is super awesome. I didn't realize you were such douchebag.

You're getting a little heavy, Francis.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
4/8/14 11:37 a.m.
Cotton wrote: I rode a motorcycle in highschool, and since I got my license at 14 (legal in TN for an MC) I was the only freshman driving myself to school, so naturally I got my share of pranks. Usually they would just move my bike or flip my kill switch, but one time they carried it up a flight of stairs thinking I'd be stuck. It was a dualsport and I was used to crazy offroad situations, so I back it down like it was nothing....long legs helped!

When I had that damn GTi, I had to drive it in the shop one day to unload something and had to leave it for about 5 minutes. Oh yeah, let the fun commence... fired it up and it ran like ass, techs standing around grinning. I popped the snoot, put all the plug wires back in their proper spots, plugged the O2 sensor back in then fired it up and drove off. Took about 45 seconds.

Danny Shields
Danny Shields New Reader
4/8/14 12:54 p.m.

Tipping has been an issue for Smart cars. Does anyone else remember the "Moose Test" delaying the US introduction?

Rupert
Rupert Reader
4/8/14 1:05 p.m.

The shop teacher at my high school thought he was a Marine Corps Drill Instructor and tried to brow beat all of his students. He drove an old Beetle with semi-fore signals, which he adored.

One day some of his students picked the rear wheels of his prize Beetle off the ground and left bricks under the swing arms. The tires were less than an inch off the pavement so it wasn't apparent till he tried to drive away. He finally figured out what had happened, then got help to put it back on the ground and tried to get the whole class he thought was guilty suspended.

From that day forward whenever that teacher tried to brow beat a student his car would end up on bricks. He finally got the message.

mad_machine
mad_machine MegaDork
4/8/14 5:57 p.m.

My first car was a beetle. I came out of work one day to find it moved into a no parking area with a ticket under the wipers. Never did find out who picked It up and moved it.. but they owe me $25

Desmond
Desmond New Reader
4/8/14 6:00 p.m.

The title of this thread...I see what ya did there

vwcorvette
vwcorvette Dork
4/10/14 6:17 p.m.

We own a smart. It's our second. I enjoy it as much as my Stingray but for different reasons. Vandalism IS NOT FUNNY. To the parents of Tom Suddard--shame. "Saying lighten up," after the fact, "I was only kidding" is no different than the students I teach doing a little bullying and shaking it off with "just kidding." And, passing along this kind of "news story" in this vein only makes it worse.

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic UberDork
4/10/14 6:54 p.m.

While I'm not sure if you qualify as a man driving a smart, "Don't berkeley with another man's vehicle" probably still applies.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn PowerDork
4/10/14 7:53 p.m.
Kenny_McCormic wrote: While I'm not sure if you qualify as a man driving a smart

I've never understood the need to base a person's masculinity on the kind of car they drive.

1966stang
1966stang Reader
4/10/14 8:04 p.m.

As a guy with a miata and a cooper....who lusts after the abarth....I must be the ultimate girly man...

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic UberDork
4/10/14 8:07 p.m.

In reply to stuart in mn:

The fact I own a Yugo alone should be sufficient evidence that was a joke.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn PowerDork
4/10/14 8:18 p.m.

It's a really, really tired joke.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
OkDFQTDE7VLffFa9zzplaMGv50sk9ZWTFnTt4fPwtFX9uZI0QLkpbatal4ehcqiG