Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa PowerDork
3/18/22 5:52 p.m.

Throw out your ideas if you have them.  

I had one today on the drive home.  Start a "We buy junk cars" setup.  Show up, get all the paperwork done, look over the car and decide if you want it and if not then tell the owner "we'll send our guy out in the next few days to pick the car up"  and then call the actual junk car buyers and send them over after sending them the paperwork.
Might have to get creative with how you price the customer's car initially, but it should be self-sustaining past a fairly low break even point.

gumby
gumby Dork
3/18/22 6:19 p.m.

If you have enough eyes on the forum here, you might just beat Stampie to one... maybe.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa PowerDork
3/18/22 6:26 p.m.

In reply to gumby :

The only way to make sure Stampie isn't in the running is to buy from him and even then you may be S.O.L.

Byrneon27
Byrneon27 Reader
3/18/22 7:14 p.m.

Begrudgingly settle a lawsuit? I have legally binding paperwork that I procured twenty cars, one truck, two race trailers and my tools for $2000 

Don't get into business with crazy people one sound piece of life advice I can give. 

If y'all have a problem with this speak now

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa PowerDork
3/18/22 7:21 p.m.

In reply to Byrneon27 :

Interesting. Continue.

Either about the cars or the crazy.

Byrneon27
Byrneon27 Reader
3/18/22 7:53 p.m.

Honestly no plans to cheat... I intend to value the $2019 Crx at $200 (cracked sleeve and blendered transmission) 

I've gotten really good over the last few months at buying badly machined/built/abused non-vtec B drive line parts. 

Might come up a little short on one part of my 1500lb 500hp promise but should still be pretty quick. 

Story about the lawsuit without oversharing, I merged my shop with another local shop several years ago in a mutually beneficial at the time arrangement. Over time my partner became uninterested in the success of the business(understatement of all time), leading to my disassociation. He chose to retain a series of parts, tools, intellectual property, and vehicles both those belonging to me and to customers completely uninvolved in the operations of the business. 

Byrneon27
Byrneon27 Reader
3/18/22 7:55 p.m.

We are going to bring an AWD GS-R street car for the narrow tire over budget class. 

Not going cheaty and bringing the CRX with a challenge budget worth of shock on each corner lol

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
19SjCwO4ws5SisSZTWye6ezPMeUVibIi1IpaFQwlzIDe89zTKdWgOlEBnThqxe7J