1 2 3
pointofdeparture
pointofdeparture UltimaDork
11/14/19 9:11 p.m.

Hoo boy.

I don't hate it looking from the front, but the rear end proportions are all wrong to me...what say you all?

GTwannaB
GTwannaB HalfDork
11/14/19 9:25 p.m.

With that Tesla tablet on the dash is should be call Mustang mE Too. 

nimblemotorsports
nimblemotorsports Reader
11/14/19 9:29 p.m.

Looks like a Tesla for sure, and not in a good way.

Daylan C
Daylan C PowerDork
11/14/19 9:30 p.m.

Nobody asked for a fastback crossover Mustang....well if you ignore the distinct possibility that people were already buying things like this.

The0retical
The0retical UberDork
11/14/19 9:37 p.m.

I don't hate it, but I don't like it either.

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
11/14/19 9:37 p.m.

They'll sell a million of them.

dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
11/14/19 9:44 p.m.

The poor mustang nameplate didn't deserve this, it makes the mustang 2 look appealing 

pointofdeparture
pointofdeparture UltimaDork
11/14/19 9:45 p.m.
dculberson said:

I hope so, if this is the vehicle that drives the EV infrastructure growth we sorely need I am completely behind it.

I will concede that the pricing is exactly where it needs to be to move a lot of these at $36k base.

I think they should have just called it the Mach-E, but I'm sure countless focus groups disagree with me.

irish44j
irish44j MegaDork
11/14/19 9:50 p.m.

love child of a Tesla and a Mazda3.

I don't have a problem with it in any particular way, Looks like everything else out there, and I'm not the market for this type of vehicle regardless (i.e. crossover, or electric). 

I still think it's distasteful to put the Mustang badge on this thing though. If you want an electric Mustang, just make an electric Mustang (hey, I might actually buy that). There are plenty of names in the world that would be cool for an electric vehicle.  This may or may not be good marketing, but it's definitely LAZY marketing.. 

mad_machine
mad_machine MegaDork
11/14/19 10:02 p.m.
pointofdeparture said:

I think they should have just called it the Mach-E,

I could get behind that. I also think they should make an electric Transit and bring back the "E" nomenclature to designate it as an electric vehicle

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
11/14/19 10:17 p.m.
nimblemotorsports said:

Looks like a Tesla for sure, and not in a good way.

Really? I mean, it's got wheels and glass. But that's about the end of the resemblance.

BlueInGreen - Jon
BlueInGreen - Jon SuperDork
11/14/19 10:17 p.m.

Ford hasn’t exactly been killing it in the name department lately. EcoSport? Mach-E? is that really the best they could come up with?

Of course this is the same company that sold a car called the Probe... so there’s that.

But at least they didn’t call that one a Mustang.

edit: I think the car looks pretty good though.

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise HalfDork
11/14/19 10:18 p.m.

What a slap in the face to the real mustang 

bluej
bluej UberDork
11/14/19 10:26 p.m.

Whatever stupid name, I'm down for it. Feels like this is the first of the big 3 to actually hit on an EV that'll eventually sell to the masses like an f-150/corvette/explorer. I can't wait to see where they end up as swap donors, too.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy UltimaDork
11/14/19 11:03 p.m.
dropstep said:

The poor mustang nameplate didn't deserve this, it makes the mustang 2 look appealing 

All the haters thinking it is a slap in the face to the Mustang, remember this: The Mustang II was nothing if not a pitch perfect continuation of the original car.

The original Mustang was essentially a Ford Falcon/Fairlane parts bin project with good sheet metal - an affordable, compact car that, when optioned for it, offered a bit of performance for the time. Then, a huge cult of personality grew up around it and everybody seemed to forget that the 6 cylinder models outsold the high performance versions by a wide, wide number. It was about IMAGE more than anything.

Electric cars are the new image status symbol. 

turtl631
turtl631 HalfDork
11/14/19 11:19 p.m.

I just can't get on board with the coupe SUV styling.  Vehicles like the X4 and X6 look so ugly and silly to me. If I'm going to rock something spacious and lifted, it should be able to carry some stuff in the back.  If it's going to have significant cargo and passenger space limitations, why does it need 10 in of ground clearance?

barefootskater
barefootskater Dork
11/14/19 11:31 p.m.

*paging Adrian. 

MazdaFace
MazdaFace Dork
11/15/19 12:05 a.m.
pointofdeparture said:
dculberson said:

I will concede that the pricing is exactly where it needs to be to move a lot of these at $36k base.

Anyone who thinks these will go for less than 50k or more after dealer mark-ups is fooling themselves. 

_
_ Dork
11/15/19 12:23 a.m.
GTwannaB said:

With that Tesla tablet on the dash is should be call Mustang mE Too. 

With the assault on our eyes, WE should be called #metoo (#methree?)

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
11/15/19 2:20 a.m.

It's more expensive than a Tesla Model 3 trim level for trim level with less range and power.

So the draw is what, exactly? That it's slightly taller or named Mustang?

I really wanted to like this. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
11/15/19 4:18 a.m.

I personaly don’t like that they chose to use the Mustang name and in general I am not a fan of SUVs, especially swoopy roofed ones without much utility. I do think these will sell though. 

tester
tester Reader
11/15/19 4:44 a.m.

A deuce coupe. 

cheeky

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory PowerDork
11/15/19 4:45 a.m.

I always pictured future-tech cars to look futuristic. This looks like a Tiburon in anaphylaxis.

Doc Brown
Doc Brown Dork
11/15/19 5:07 a.m.

nope

NickD
NickD PowerDork
11/15/19 5:19 a.m.
BlueInGreen - Jon said:

EcoSport? 

The thing that really irritates me with that one is that they pronounce the EcoBoost engine like "Eekoboost" but the EcoSport is pronounced "EchoSport". C'mon Ford have some consistency.

As for this thing, the front of it isn't bad. That rear styling is real funky though. Not a fan. 

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
0DaBWNgTprszNk9Pi2FNazWSNyCEv5Rh1RGFLWN2J62qrbQe1bf875wTiSHAKJ9z