1 2
SlickDizzy
SlickDizzy SuperDork
3/26/11 1:19 p.m.
digdug18 wrote: No, just a jab at the people that farm out all their work. And I believe that he did have work done to the car if I remember correctly.

You don't remember correctly (see below). I'm with everyone else; Carolla is a comedian, not a professional race shop employee. Why are you being such a dick?

GRM Magazine said: Adam’s 510 was famous before he bought it, as the car was featured in Nissan’s “Dream Garage” ad campaign of the late ’90s. Les Cannady of Classic Datsun Motorsports did the build for Dave Hawkins, a sheriff from Vista, Calif., who later sold the car to Adam.
digdug18
digdug18 Dork
3/26/11 1:37 p.m.
SlickDizzy wrote:
digdug18 wrote: No, just a jab at the people that farm out all their work. And I believe that he did have work done to the car if I remember correctly.
You don't remember correctly (see below). I'm with everyone else; Carolla is a comedian, not a professional race shop employee. Why are you being such a dick?
GRM Magazine said: Adam’s 510 was famous before he bought it, as the car was featured in Nissan’s “Dream Garage” ad campaign of the late ’90s. Les Cannady of Classic Datsun Motorsports did the build for Dave Hawkins, a sheriff from Vista, Calif., who later sold the car to Adam.

You forget that 3/4 of the people on this forum aren't professional race shop employee's either, yet they find time to work on their own cars. Just because you have money doesn't mean you shouldn't have to get your hands dirty. I'm being a dick because I can. I'm and @sshole at times as well, but that's not as apparent in this thread, it'll rear its head later though I'm sure...

GlennS
GlennS Dork
3/26/11 3:33 p.m.

He does do work on his own cars.... he runs his podcasts out of a part of his garage hes converted into a small studio. He does 7 a week, one of which is car oriented where he often talks about the work hes been doing on his cars. He also does a home improvement podcast and 5 a week that are comedy.

Bashing a guy because he doesn't have the time/skill to do a professional restoration is kind of a dick move. I like to strive to not be a dick.

digdug18
digdug18 Dork
3/26/11 8:36 p.m.

I don't strive to be a dick, it just comes naturally, I'm just lucky in that regard.

RedS13Coupe
RedS13Coupe Reader
3/26/11 9:15 p.m.
GlennS wrote: He does do work on his own cars.... he runs his podcasts out of a part of his garage hes converted into a small studio. He does 7 a week, one of which is car oriented where he often talks about the work hes been doing on his cars. He also does a home improvement podcast and 5 a week that are comedy. Bashing a guy because he doesn't have the time/skill to do a professional restoration is kind of a dick move. I like to strive to not be a dick.

Yeah, I just found ace on the house, and its not too bad.

Been listening to the guy a lot lately, pretty GRM dude, other then the buckets of money he spends on cars lol.

He does some work, and farms a lot of it out.

But really, what is so wrong with that? Your not allowed to enjoy cars and driving unless you have grease under your nails?

The guy grew up digging ditches and building houses, if he has the money now to spend time only doing what he enjoys with cars rather then the stuff we all hate what is wrong with that.

BTW if you don't already, check out Car Cast on itunes. Not always informative, but definitely entertaining. How can you hate a funny guy hanging out talking about armature classic car races interviewing people from the performance car world?

pitbull113
pitbull113 New Reader
3/26/11 9:24 p.m.

You guys use the term comedian loosely.

GlennS
GlennS Dork
3/27/11 9:26 a.m.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsnaNu7sJiQ&feature=related

digdug18
digdug18 Dork
3/27/11 12:56 p.m.

I just personally don't like those people that don't work on their own things, if you don't like me for that thinking tough E36 M3.

Claff
Claff Reader
3/27/11 5:50 p.m.
GlennS wrote: i think hes having it repainted as a cammel cig pace car, which is what it originaly was. The car was put together by Bob Sharp though.

The car he's having redone is a Z car that was built by Sharp and used as a Camel GT pace car. I don't think I've heard of any plans to fiddle with the look of the 610, though I haven't heard the 610 mentioned much at all lately. I don't hear every Carcast though.

keethrax
keethrax Reader
3/27/11 7:38 p.m.
digdug18 wrote: I just personally don't like those people that don't work on their own things, if you don't like me for that thinking tough E36 M3.

So if someone isn't an expert in everything with infinite time to do all the work themselves you don't like them.

In other words you don't like anyone and just chose to be a dick in this specific case out of jealousy.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
UHWJo7KuHo2oPOAIGujSPRHQ4VgmiiZjFvzDb5IyR0UweDbN34xSvCmZCeQ5lrEZ