pinchvalve
pinchvalve MegaDork
9/6/19 10:26 a.m.

I have to brag on my buddy Alex, he took the ProSolo win in an HS Fiesta and the Solo win in STH in a WRX. Alex is an all-around great guy and an ambassador for the sport. I ran against him when I was in HS, and I now run against him in STH.  I say run, not compete, because Alex usually raw times my STH Fiesta in his HS Fiesta.  If he drives the WRX in STH, the gap becomes, well, laughable. But he's a big part of the reason I can even hope to be close to a (now) National Champ, he has taught me a lot and helped me go faster. I am just so proud of him and happy for him. Way to go Alex, two wins in one week! 

(Photo Credit: SoloMatters) 

pinchvalve
pinchvalve MegaDork
9/6/19 10:29 a.m.

And while I'm bragging, Chad Englert co-drove the WRX to a 4th place finish in his first appearance at Nationals. He is usually a Mustang Guy, but was able to adapt to AWD and beat a lot of talented people in STH. Way to go Chad! 

RevRico
RevRico PowerDork
9/6/19 10:33 a.m.

Holy E36 M3! Good for Alex! He was a huge help for me when I got into this stuff, good to see him really bringing it home.

spacecadet
spacecadet Dork
9/6/19 1:04 p.m.

In reply to pinchvalve :

Alex drove his ass off. I set the bar on 1st runs and he pushed it even higher. He's a great guy and I enjoyed racing against him. 

Also, 4th is my spot wink ​​​Chad was 6th but I expect will move to 5th once the protest against Thorpe runs its course. 

pinchvalve
pinchvalve MegaDork
9/6/19 1:12 p.m.

Sorry, typo on my part. Great drive as well!

spacecadet
spacecadet Dork
9/6/19 1:28 p.m.
pinchvalve said:

Sorry, typo on my part. Great drive as well!

No worries. I was trying to make light of it. He drove great. It was a great battle. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
W0ymqiy9EW1aJvmneWbe47eS8rSAOiGbXDktQ6jJLXc835AoWvducQNv17AS7CQB