1 2
Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
4/20/19 5:16 p.m.

I did the busy street thing with it, too. 

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 UltimaDork
4/20/19 5:51 p.m.
Javelin said:

I just need to sell the Audi. I'm trying to buy a house. If I got the neon, I'd immediately sell it.

I'm digging the Neon, but if it's money you're after, I've got to believe the Audi is going to be easier to sell than the swapped Neon. 

Stefan
Stefan MegaDork
4/20/19 6:51 p.m.

Could you/would you part out the Neon and get your cash that way?

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
4/20/19 7:21 p.m.

In reply to Stefan :

Nah, I declined the Neon.

Vigo
Vigo UltimaDork
4/20/19 8:10 p.m.

This thread is kind of funny to me because i look at those two cars and think that they would best be owned by the exact same kind of person: a mechanic. The Audi will definitely be easier to 'foist off', but I'd have to see the swap work on the Neon to be able to say which one I thought was actually less likely to break. 

Anyway, GLWS and more importantly with house purchase!  Forget CL tire kickers, buying a house is by far the biggest PITA i've ever experienced. 

dj06482
dj06482 UltraDork
4/20/19 8:24 p.m.

Have you tried FB Marketplace, as well?

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
4/20/19 11:16 p.m.
dj06482 said:

Yup, it's on there, too. I have it down to $3300 now which is $700 less than the next cheapest Quattro and losing $350 on the car. Any less and if be better off just keeping the thing.

jfryjfry
jfryjfry HalfDork
4/21/19 9:13 a.m.

Link to craigslist ad???  If you’re ok with the peanut gallery critiquing your ad skilllllzzzzz

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
4/21/19 2:40 p.m.
jfryjfry said:

Link to craigslist ad???  If you’re ok with the peanut gallery critiquing your ad skilllllzzzzz

It's in the original post.

Jcamper
Jcamper Reader
4/22/19 9:16 a.m.

Jav,

Bummer to lose on a car but it happens. Don’t let it prevent you from turning it into cash you need. Just aggregate it in your mind with all the vehicles you have made money on if it makes you feel better. Keep lowering price until it goes away. 

Jcamper

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim MegaDork
4/22/19 9:38 a.m.
Javelin said:
dj06482 said:

Yup, it's on there, too. I have it down to $3300 now which is $700 less than the next cheapest Quattro and losing $350 on the car. Any less and if be better off just keeping the thing.

If it's too cheap people might just start wondering what's wrong with it. Tough call, unfortunately.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
6zSJbbuN0kCscfJC3xALKdeminXacYxJES9l6cEIVddbtX9MtjK3Ah71ZbQBo3zj