1 2 3
kazoospec
kazoospec UltraDork
1/7/19 8:23 p.m.

The Geico spoof is pretty funny.  Especially the clearly uncomfortable nanna dangling from the ceiling.  

Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/7/19 8:27 p.m.

I In reply to kazoospec :

“Real actors - not people”

rdcyclist
rdcyclist Reader
1/11/19 3:17 p.m.
iceracer
iceracer UltimaDork
1/11/19 5:32 p.m.

Of course they are real people, just-------------------

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan UltraDork
1/17/19 6:13 a.m.
spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
1/17/19 7:20 a.m.
nutherjrfan said:

pulled. laugh

May have been pulled, but I saw it run last night.   I guess Chevy expects no one to ever challenge the bull crap they post up.   

carczar_84
carczar_84 Reader
1/17/19 8:28 a.m.

My wife works for "Flo" and knows how much I hate the Chevy commercials.  She was really excited to tell me about their new spoof ad when they were shown them in the office a while back.  

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
1/17/19 10:32 a.m.
spitfirebill said:
nutherjrfan said:

pulled. laugh

May have been pulled, but I saw it run last night.   I guess Chevy expects no one to ever challenge the bull crap they post up.   

The mistake they made was not making stuff up, but by pulling other automakers into it. I love the fact that they folded like a card table as soon as they got called on it.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
1/17/19 11:05 a.m.

Yeah, well at least we have the Chantix commercials.  That's a real person talking about something he truly believes in:

https://youtu.be/3rJ-90pPsGA   (warning NSFW)

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
1/17/19 11:32 a.m.

I don't watch much TV so I'm not forced to watch these commercials much but I don't know why people are so upset about them. 

They are the same as every single other commercial. Irrelevant and completely ignored. 

Tyler H
Tyler H UberDork
1/17/19 7:16 p.m.
Keith Tanner said:
spitfirebill said:
nutherjrfan said:

pulled. laugh

The mistake they made was not making stuff up, but by pulling other automakers into it. I love the fact that they folded like a card table as soon as they got called on it.

Probably the same ad agency that supports (or hopes to support) Toyota and Honda too.  Don't want to bite the hands that feed.  The crock of market research was probably included with the campaign.

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed SuperDork
1/17/19 8:38 p.m.

I haven't read this whole thread so maybe this has already been mentioned but.....speaking of REALLY bad commercials......what about the new Lincoln/Matthew McConaughey ad?  Massive stupidity. I thought the previous ones were stupid but this takes it to an all new level.  Or the Volvo ads. It's hard to tell what they are even about. Damn.  Hurts my brain. Of course all this is IMO.

Cloud9...68
Cloud9...68 New Reader
1/17/19 10:26 p.m.

Those Chevy ads are clear signs of the decline of Western civilization.  Unspeakably horrible - I can feel my brain shriveling up whenever one come on.  

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory PowerDork
1/18/19 6:41 a.m.

In reply to Feedyurhed :

The latest one around here has MM at a gathering seemingly at his own home, exchanges a glance at some woman then gets in his Lincoln and drives away. 

I’ve always said, if you have to struggle to understand the ad, it failed. Unless the company just wants to discuss the ad because there’s “no bad press”?

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory PowerDork
1/18/19 6:44 a.m.

It may have been mentioned but Progressive Insurance has a spoof of these Chevy ads. “Jamie” even exclaims “A BIGGER ROOM” when the camera pans to those vast open warehouse-type buildings normally holding a few Chevy’s under covers.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/18/19 7:57 a.m.
Keith Tanner said:
spitfirebill said:
nutherjrfan said:

pulled. laugh

I've seen that ad at least a dozen times since it was allegedly "pulled", one of which was last night.

Doesn't make them any less stupid.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
1/18/19 9:06 a.m.
Keith Tanner said:
spitfirebill said:
nutherjrfan said:

pulled. laugh

The article I read was saying that Chevy cherry-picked a very odd set of statistics from 2015 to try to make their claim.

Then challenged by Toyota, Ford, and Honda on it.

NickD
NickD UberDork
1/18/19 9:10 a.m.
ebonyandivory said:

In reply to Feedyurhed :

The latest one around here has MM at a gathering seemingly at his own home, exchanges a glance at some woman then gets in his Lincoln and drives away. 

I’ve always said, if you have to struggle to understand the ad, it failed. Unless the company just wants to discuss the ad because there’s “no bad press”?

I think the most bizarre one was the one where he's driving along and then comes up to the bull standing in the road, and kind of muses about the bull's name and reputation while doing that weird thing with his hand, and then whips a U-turn and drives away. WTF?

chandler
chandler PowerDork
1/19/19 8:33 p.m.
ebonyandivory said:

It may have been mentioned but Progressive Insurance has a spoof of these Chevy ads. “Jamie” even exclaims “A BIGGER ROOM” when the camera pans to those vast open warehouse-type buildings normally holding a few Chevy’s under covers.

I love this one, “what! A bigger room!”

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
gJsamXtEZZEszxnXY43qEDAUtrrqrH2ij8XfFEA8pwjxrPmMpGmeiQOfz1e9mogc