5 6 7
Coldsnap
Coldsnap HalfDork
10/30/15 10:38 a.m.

Was on vacation and saw a TON of Fiat 500s / Abarths in Florida. They were everywhere! I don't see many here in Raleigh.

WOW Really Paul? wrote: In reply to Coldsnap: This is what was recommended to me by other fiat people.....they all said the ones that only plugged into the 3.5mm jack were garbage. Also, they said to make sure its A2DP http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00YA8U2BU/ref=s9_simh_gw_d0_g422_i4?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=mobile-2&pf_rd_r=0G66VS6D4Y4J6P1DCSV6&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=2072522802&pf_rd_i=mobile

This one worked really well. Thanks.

WOW Really Paul?
WOW Really Paul? MegaDork
10/30/15 11:23 a.m.

In reply to Coldsnap:

Glad to hear it, mine works quite well thus far.

On a side note, I discovered with ESC fully off, it will allow you to brake boost the car from a roll.....poor frisbee owner wasn't expecting that

Lugnut
Lugnut Dork
10/30/15 12:01 p.m.
Coldsnap wrote: Got my TWM shortshifter installed (http://www.twmperformance.com/shortshifters/fiatshortshifters/fiat500-abarth-shortshifters.htm). Same time my friend was getting his ADD shortshifter, wish I took a picture of it bolted into the console because it was beautiful looking and high quality. Both felt REALLY good. Big difference. Might be the only mod I do. good stuff.

Did get to try them both? I've been thinking about getting one but I haven't decided which one I really want yet.

And on the Bluetooth stuff, I have Blue & Me in my car. I haven't had to worry about any of that. But I have an aux cable plugged in. When I unplug it, the whole system goes wonky and it keeps randomly switching to AUX, but since nothing's plugged in, it makes some weird buzzy noise. I had them look at it during a service appointment, and they fixed my steering wheel buttons again and did a software update but I still have the aux issue. I'll bring it in again eventually, cuz, like, I have a warranty that I need to make sure I actually use.

WOW Really Paul?
10/30/15 12:06 p.m.

In reply to Lugnut:

Blue & Me only has protocols for the hands free phone usage, the a2dp receiver I am using plugs into the USB port and then jumps to the aux jack so there isn't a need for the cable. The only time I have to resync it is if I start the car before I have my phone on me.

Coldsnap
Coldsnap HalfDork
10/30/15 12:19 p.m.
Lugnut wrote:
Coldsnap wrote: Got my TWM shortshifter installed (http://www.twmperformance.com/shortshifters/fiatshortshifters/fiat500-abarth-shortshifters.htm). Same time my friend was getting his ADD shortshifter, wish I took a picture of it bolted into the console because it was beautiful looking and high quality. Both felt REALLY good. Big difference. Might be the only mod I do. good stuff.
Did get to try them both? I've been thinking about getting one but I haven't decided which one I really want yet. And on the Bluetooth stuff, I have Blue & Me in my car. I haven't had to worry about any of that. But I have an aux cable plugged in. When I unplug it, the whole system goes wonky and it keeps randomly switching to AUX, but since nothing's plugged in, it makes some weird buzzy noise. I had them look at it during a service appointment, and they fixed my steering wheel buttons again and did a software update but I still have the aux issue. I'll bring it in again eventually, cuz, like, I have a warranty that I need to make sure I actually use.

I did. Drove around a bit on the TWM and then drove my friends Abarth with the AAD. The AAD one felt a bit more refined than the TWM one, but both felt extremely similar.The AAD is better crafted, that's for sure, though the TWM is high quality. You can't really go wrong with either. I got my TWM used for $200, so vs the $500 (or $400, forgot) for the AAD it was a no brainier.

It was interesting driving his abarth. Is probably pushing 200+ horsepower and has every mod pretty much available for an Abarth.

My AUX cord made buzzing too, tried a $7 aux cord and a $50 aux cord. Both did it. So decided to begrudgingly go with a bluetooth dongle.

WOW Really Paul?
10/30/15 12:50 p.m.

In reply to Coldsnap:

So it has a big wheel, fmic, cat delete, full exhaust, full intake, meth, e85, and full tune and only makes 200+? Should be a completely useless 300+ with that mods list.

Lugnut
Lugnut Dork
10/30/15 5:59 p.m.
WOW Really Paul? wrote: In reply to Lugnut: Blue & Me only has protocols for the hands free phone usage, the a2dp receiver I am using plugs into the USB port and then jumps to the aux jack so there isn't a need for the cable. The only time I have to resync it is if I start the car before I have my phone on me.

I don't have any sort of external, non-factory Bluetooth hardware. My phone syncs to my stereo via Blue & Me on my '15. I press Media and it will go through USB, AUX, and BT-AUDIO.

From the website: BLUE&ME® Hands-Free Communication System BLUE&ME® offers Bluetooth® and USB connectivity to mobile phones and MP3 players. It also provides a hands-free system, allowing you to control basic device features using voice commands, using speech technology. You can also stream your favorite music wirelessly with Bluetooth® Streaming Audio. Play your music, make calls and manage your fun effortlessly.

WOW Really Paul?
10/30/15 10:11 p.m.

In reply to Lugnut:

Did they change that with the '15 MY? I have a '13.

Lugnut
Lugnut Dork
10/31/15 8:53 a.m.
WOW Really Paul? wrote: In reply to Lugnut: Did they change that with the '15 MY? I have a '13.

I think so. It goes along with my wicked awesome tft dashboard! I just wish the little car in the pictures was red instead of white. When the doors are open the car pic shows up, or if you have the radio off, in sport mode, you can get a car with little g meters for each axis. Or in reverse, it has a picture of a little white abarth with the radar thing behind it.

Jerry
Jerry SuperDork
1/6/16 2:36 p.m.

Quick bump to say I just reserved my room for the 2016 Spring Fiat's on the Dragon trip in April. And new tires on the car recently. ...is it Spring yet?

Wall-e
Wall-e MegaDork
1/6/16 2:57 p.m.

We were thinking about it depending on our work schedules.

WOW Really Paul?
1/6/16 2:57 p.m.

In reply to Jerry:

I'm just glad it hasn't snowed really as I still have my p zeros....

m4ff3w
m4ff3w UberDork
1/23/20 10:47 a.m.

How are these holding up?

Jerry
Jerry UberDork
1/24/20 8:41 a.m.
m4ff3w said:

How are these holding up?

Mine is a 2013 with about 67k miles.  Gets garaged most of the winter on summer tires, but it'll be 6 years next month.  The only thing outside normal maintenance is I replaced both front axles, and a ball joint.  I put used KW coil overs on for a year or two, and could have added to the problem.  I heard a clunk, they saw the ball joint and axle, said the other side was showing signs so I saved the labor and replaced both in one shot.

Otherwise, it's been 6 years of happy snorty-exhaust fun.  And that's with plenty of autocross, Tail of the Dragon trips, and a handful of track days.

m4ff3w
m4ff3w UberDork
1/24/20 9:44 a.m.

Thanks, Jerry.

mad_machine
mad_machine MegaDork
1/24/20 9:47 a.m.

Mine is a 2012 with only 16,000 miles on it. Like Jerry's, it does not come out in bad weather. Other than gas, oil, and regular washings, it has only cost me gas to fill up it's tiny little tank. 

bluescooby
bluescooby Reader
1/25/20 1:39 a.m.

Mine is also a 2013, 39k miles.  Same as above, only had to put gas in it and I swap the oil once a year.  Only issue I had was when a shady emissions tech loosened my oil filter and the car spit out all its oil when I got home.  Shut it off, no damage.

It goes out in cold weather but I'm in GA so no salt.  Put on a bigger rear bar and 16" wheels with sticky tires, and it goes to autocross, track days, and daycare (yes, a child seat fits in the back). smiley

5 6 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
fBBOgFdmREzoXasy5Lh3wlrb4xa2Xh7ggHu8doyJrgQC6wpQUzLlnpgdva80mCdx