MINIzguy
MINIzguy HalfDork
2/4/20 10:50 a.m.

I've had thoughts of an E46 track car that I can eventually turn into an SE46 in the future. Found another silver on black one (would make it my 3rd BMW with this color combo) lurking in Fayetteville, NC (1hr from Raleigh?), but I'm in Bear, DE. Is anybody in the area able to look at this car?

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy UltimaDork
2/4/20 12:26 p.m.

Possibly. Is it actually in Fayetteville, or it is somewhere outside of it?

If it is at a small dealership, I almost guarantee they want too much money for the car, even if you offer them cash. With Ft. Bragg right there, they're hoping to sell it, collect some payments, repo it, sell it again, etc.

MINIzguy
MINIzguy HalfDork
2/4/20 12:33 p.m.

It's a private seller!

Not sure if I can email you through here, but my email is ndrewchow@yahoo.com

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy UltimaDork
2/4/20 12:39 p.m.

I sent you a GRM message to your email. If you don't get it, let me know.

untchabl
untchabl Reader
2/4/20 12:48 p.m.

I'm also about an hour from Fayetteville but don't have time to go look at it this week. Unless you can get the seller to meet me in Sanford, which is about half way between me and Fayetteville.

And I've never owned a BMW so you'd have to give me some tips on things to look out for.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
2/4/20 12:48 p.m.

In reply to MINIzguy :

My sister used to live in Bear, but now lives down in Middletown. My parents live in Newark now, but we lived in Fayetteville from ~1977-1979. Small world.

MINIzguy
MINIzguy HalfDork
2/4/20 1:32 p.m.
untchabl said:

I'm also about an hour from Fayetteville but don't have time to go look at it this week. Unless you can get the seller to meet me in Sanford, which is about half way between me and Fayetteville.

And I've never owned a BMW so you'd have to give me some tips on things to look out for.

I will ask about Sanford also!

This guy may work near the Ft. Bragg area

JThw8
JThw8 UltimaDork
2/4/20 7:52 p.m.

Holla at me if the others dont work out Im 30-60 min from Fayetnam and could probably get down that way on the weekend.  After owning a few I've generally learned to loathe BMWs so at least I wont sugar coat anything :)

jim at misfittoysracing dot com

MINIzguy
MINIzguy HalfDork
2/5/20 8:03 a.m.
JThw8 said:

Holla at me if the others dont work out Im 30-60 min from Fayetnam and could probably get down that way on the weekend.  After owning a few I've generally learned to loathe BMWs so at least I wont sugar coat anything :)

jim at misfittoysracing dot com

Perfect! I'll give you an email if others fall through.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy UltimaDork
2/5/20 1:44 p.m.

It looks like I'm probably going to be booked up this weekend, and my OBD reader is so dumb it only displays DTCs, not readiness monitors.  I apologize for not being able to follow through.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
r2vAQM91aOZCFVGkcildm8cSUwjZmX0OZpmtedzUr68sMJDVqBFN15sSwBi4iI93