Justjim75
Justjim75 Dork
12/21/19 2:24 p.m.

I have FM sway bar set, installing VMAXX Classics tomorrow.  I have read a bunch and was just wondering what the group and/or Keith T suggest for a starting point for a daily driven NB with medium quality roads and i have a bad back.  2 surgeries and 7 ruptured discs total.  That's why i went with Classics,  no adjustments to figure out for damping and what seems like very conservative spring rates.  2 spots for front sway bar, im assuming full stiff there, 3 in the back, full soft? Next would be front and rear ride height? Is there a separate adjustment for spring "stiffness"?

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
12/21/19 4:11 p.m.

Read the instructions :) They have all this, including recommended sway settings. IIRC it’s full soft up front and middle in the, then season to taste.

There is no way to adjust the spring rate. The only adjustment you have is ride height. Too low and you’ll become good friends with your bumpstops. Too high and you can coil bind. In between is good, and that’s usually about 12-12.5” in front and a half inch higher in the rear. 

Justjim75
Justjim75 Dork
12/21/19 4:20 p.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner :

That 12" number is hub to fender lip, right?

And thanks

PS, no instructions,  I'm poor and had to get it all used

OldGray320i
OldGray320i Dork
12/21/19 4:22 p.m.
Justjim75 said:

And thanks

Not that I'm qualified to answer for Keith, but yes...

Justjim75
Justjim75 Dork
12/21/19 4:25 p.m.

In reply to OldGray320i :

Whether you are old and grey or thats your car, ill still happily take it!

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
12/21/19 4:33 p.m.
Justjim75 said:

And thanks

PS, no instructions,  I'm poor and had to get it all used

Luckily, we put the instructions on our website :)

Justjim75
Justjim75 Dork
12/21/19 4:38 p.m.

I have managed to put together the stage 2 kit for less than $600. Shame im not Challenge legal anymore 

Justjim75
Justjim75 Dork
12/21/19 6:32 p.m.

Do standard NB1 brake lines work with sport calipers? What about braided stainless?

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
12/21/19 7:29 p.m.

No and maybe. The Sport lines are longer. The aftermarket ones are usually made to the longer length so you can use them with both systems, but check before buying. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
7DcCVb1egM4t2KzMSCGCJk2VeMzqFWeJL8fJxyuF5MvIOhMyDFf9feVeVsxGuSki