1 2 3
Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
1/21/13 11:07 a.m.

In reply to dean1484:

I'll gladly give you permission to use any of my photos. I have a ton of my old 944 autocrossing, plus some of a crazy 951 race car.

Trade for rebuilding a Javelin steering shaft? (Joking... mostly)

Enyar
Enyar Reader
1/21/13 1:30 p.m.

Awesome! You are my hero!

dean1484
dean1484 UltraDork
1/21/13 3:04 p.m.
Javelin wrote: In reply to dean1484: I'll gladly give you permission to use any of my photos. I have a ton of my old 944 autocrossing, plus some of a crazy 951 race car. Trade for rebuilding a Javelin steering shaft? (Joking... mostly)

Send some photos along (dsmith@radio.fm) I will give credit on the page and a discount will be in order if you need the service.

dean1484
dean1484 UltraDork
2/9/13 7:16 p.m.

Ok this is kind of an odd post but ever get to much business? The $$$$ is good I am not complaining about it at all. BUT I have been thinking. I can just as easily have a friend of mine that owns a local machine shop make these up for me in lots of say 20 at a time. I hate to lose the hands on part but it seems that it would be much more efficient. I can probably keep the cost the same or possibly even reduce the cost as I have factored in my time in to the selling price. I also suspect that the people like the fact that they are dealing with the guy that actually makes these things. I don't mind making them if it is 1-3 a week but lately it has been 5-10 a week. This is turning in to real work on top of my real work.

What does the brain trust here say?

DWNSHFT
DWNSHFT HalfDork
2/10/13 1:36 a.m.

My small brain trust says you found a niche in the market and are servicing it well. Good job!!!

David

Zomby Woof
Zomby Woof UberDork
2/10/13 4:39 a.m.

In reply to dean1484:

I've been in exactly the same situation. I did it as long as I could, expecting it to either drop off, or at least be able to read the trend, and work accordingly. It didn't drop off before I was overwhelmed with work, so I found a guy who was looking for some part time work, and we worked out a deal that's good for both of us.

ShawnG
ShawnG UltimaDork
12/11/20 9:30 a.m.

What about custom canoe parts?

jerrysarcastic (Forum Supporter)
jerrysarcastic (Forum Supporter) Reader
12/11/20 1:22 p.m.

This creates no extra stock and is also better for the environment.

Canoe additive manufacturing Google very placement [keyword here] great variety cheaper canoe is number 1 

much thanking new user, build thread maximum flood the channels on demand canoe life improvement. much thanking!

Ლ(ಠ益ಠᲚ)

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Oq69nGWGJp8Mz0ybBkQb5dW7viqZ7MSwJrzcecJVXrhy7CjQZBEjggd0tnSzONgD