1 2
NorseDave
NorseDave HalfDork
6/5/23 8:43 p.m.

I'm really looking forward to this.  Period dress and all.

I'll be taking my MB 400E and will have period Car and Driver magazines if anyone wants to take one off my hands.  I had tons of these stashed at my folks house, most got tossed, but I then remembered that these would probably go over well at Radwood.

trumant
trumant HalfDork
6/5/23 8:47 p.m.

Me and the family are going. My two boys, 16 and 13, are very excited.

jfaz
jfaz None
6/5/23 9:11 p.m.

I'm going, coming up from the DC area.  First time to Radwood and first time to Philly, any tips?

TR7
TR7 Reader
6/5/23 9:33 p.m.

Same weekend as the NJ Lemons race, bummer they arent at the same location anymore... 

HopmanJones
HopmanJones Reader
6/5/23 9:39 p.m.

Yup, buddy and I are going. Was thinking about bringing one of the NA Miatas, but all the tickets for showing your car are all sold out. So, we'll still spectate.

NorseDave
NorseDave HalfDork
6/5/23 9:58 p.m.

Coming up from DC as well, never been to Radwood so I have no tips there.  I've never spent this much time thinking about what I was going to wear laugh 

trumant, I doubt your 2 boys are as excited as I am!

jfaz
jfaz New Reader
6/6/23 5:18 a.m.

Hopefully the weather will be good.  I read some complaints about last year and it sounds like they have addressed them this year, something about gravel areas and lack of food trucks.

yupididit
yupididit UltimaDork
6/6/23 7:31 a.m.

I might bring the family. Depends on how I feel about a 3hr drive in the morning. Will be coming from the DC area as well. 

porschenut
porschenut HalfDork
6/6/23 9:01 a.m.

It is in Chester, south of the city along the Delaware River.  Not a great area at night.  Go north on 95 for the city, historic district or South St are OK.  If you like bicycling there is an awesome trail along the Schuykill from King of Prussia to downtown.  Probably some bike rentals in Manayunk which also has a ton of bars and restaurants.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
6/6/23 10:15 a.m.
jfaz said:

I'm going, coming up from the DC area.  First time to Radwood and first time to Philly, any tips?

Just take in the show. The ones I have attended have attracted some cool cars that you don’t always see these days. Props for those who keep things period correct. 

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
6/6/23 10:17 a.m.

In reply to jfaz :

And some words and pictures from our most recent Radwood: How driving 2 hours can take you back to 1984.

Placemotorsports
Placemotorsports HalfDork
6/6/23 10:50 a.m.

In reply to jfaz :

The toll roads are like $50+ round trip

jfaz
jfaz New Reader
6/6/23 10:53 a.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens :

Hope too see some cars that I haven't seen on the road in years.  Nice read, thanks for the link!

Captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
Captdownshift (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
6/6/23 11:20 a.m.

There's a fantastic BBQ place in Manayunk, Deke's

NorseDave
NorseDave HalfDork
6/6/23 2:53 p.m.

I'm very disappointed in the dearth of period-correct dress in those pics.  Maybe because it was Amelia?  I dunno.  I'll be in full '80s regalia. 

Except after much searching my original Oakley Frogskins seem to be gone sad

hybridmomentspass
hybridmomentspass Dork
6/7/23 11:29 a.m.

Crud, I'll just miss this. 
We'll be in DC Monday and then to NJ Tuesday and Wednesday. 

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
6/7/23 2:11 p.m.

I'm going, no car and probably not getting dressed for it, just walking around looking at everyone else's stuff. 

yupididit
yupididit UltimaDork
6/7/23 2:54 p.m.

Just confirmed I'm going and bringing the family. Meeting a guy in PA while I'm there to sell him some old Mercedes parts. 

Wally (Forum Supporter)
6/7/23 8:31 p.m.
jfaz said:

Hopefully the weather will be good.  I read some complaints about last year and it sounds like they have addressed them this year, something about gravel areas and lack of food trucks.

The venue isn't as nice as the Navy Yard where the original was, and it was about 100 degrees, dusty, and no shade. I imagine if the temperature was better they would have gotten far fewer complaints. 

Nitroracer (Forum Supporter)
Nitroracer (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
6/7/23 9:45 p.m.
Wally (Forum Supporter) said:
jfaz said:

The venue isn't as nice as the Navy Yard where the original was, and it was about 100 degrees, dusty, and no shade. I imagine if the temperature was better they would have gotten far fewer complaints. 

Wally, your comments are what I came in to say.  Man it was hot last year, and I did like the Navy Yard location better.

Still, some great things on display.  Last year someone built a mini used car lot complete with neon colored windows stickers.  The crowd voting fan favorites for those who dressed the part was fun too.  Who remembers JNCO jeans?

jfaz
jfaz New Reader
6/8/23 6:15 a.m.

In reply to Wally (Forum Supporter) :

I didn't realize they've held it in DC before. Hopefully they'll bring it back to this area again. Looks like it will be 80 degrees this year. Hopefully all the smoke clears!

Wally (Forum Supporter)
6/8/23 7:23 a.m.

In reply to jfaz :

I don't know if it was in DC, we went to Philly

In reply to Nitroracer (Forum Supporter) :

We made the mistake of going in Jumpsuits like the Jackie Chan in Cannonball Run. It was way too hot for that. 

jfaz
jfaz New Reader
6/8/23 10:53 a.m.

In reply to Wally (Forum Supporter) :

Oh, I was thinking the Navy Yard in DC.  The jumpsuits are a cool idea, be nice to have a Subaru DL to go along with it!

Wally (Forum Supporter)
6/11/23 8:15 a.m.

In reply to jfaz :

We had borrowed Chris' Delica for the weekend so we made the Mitsu uniforms from Cannonball Run 2 

NorseDave
NorseDave HalfDork
6/11/23 10:13 p.m.

Well I didn't meet anyone from GRM (that I know of) but it was a heck of a lot of fun.  The best part, none of the usual snobbyness that you run into at so many car events.  

I'm still amazed that there were 2 Subaru SVX, and 4 (at least) Chevy Cavalier Z24s.  4 Z24s??  If you'd asked me last week how many of those still existed in the world I think I'd have guessed 3!

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
bTDGqPQeSJo5I2RfLGYg40gc9JHoSOiWzWxPDDST63gGGWZyRahiO66zY5M8wNkw