1 2 3
Karacticus
Karacticus Dork
12/22/21 1:49 p.m.
John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
12/22/21 1:57 p.m.

OMG. I writing this from the theater. Sing 2 with my 7 yr old. 

I had to hold back a little tear/sniffle as this was played in the theater before show. 

... It is a Super Sport after all! 

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
12/22/21 1:57 p.m.

dang it's getting dusty in here

Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
12/22/21 2:05 p.m.

It's the onions. I'm just cutting copious amounts of onions.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
12/22/21 2:09 p.m.

just watched with no sounds and it still his hard.

Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter)
Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter) Dork
12/22/21 2:24 p.m.

My dad had a 1965 Impala Super Sport that same color. A fastback with a black vinyl roof. I was with him when he bought it new at Chase Chevrolet. He taught me how to drive in that car. He traded it in 72 for a Kingswood Estate Wagon at Ed Cordero Chevrolet out in Pacifica.

Dad passed on about 20 years ago. Who knows if the car still exists or got crushed. I miss him, and the car.

The dog in that video looks just like my Aussie. One of only two dogs I have today.

RevRico
RevRico UltimaDork
12/22/21 2:27 p.m.

Yea, but not over a commercial.

Turns out Chevy makes a beautiful green, a green I would buy in a heartbeat. I've only seen it on Equinoxes. 

slefain
slefain PowerDork
12/22/21 2:36 p.m.

This one hurts because I have a vintage GM convertible sitting five feet in front of me on the other side of my office wall that hasn't been driven in three years. Dammit I'm getting the Delta back on the road in 2022.

Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
12/22/21 2:38 p.m.

In reply to RevRico :

I think I've seen that color, and I can confirm that it's a wonderful shade of green.

TGMF
TGMF HalfDork
12/22/21 2:45 p.m.

In 30 or 40 years, nobodys gonna give a E36 M3 about any of Chevy's current lineup, save the Corvette.

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
12/22/21 2:45 p.m.

100% feels.

66, big block, 4 speed, console and gauges. my sister Terry could have been that girl, because that's what she learned to drive in.  but it was a caprice, not an impala.

rob_lewis
rob_lewis UltraDork
12/22/21 2:52 p.m.

I'll admit this had me bawling.

That was a punch right in the feels.

-Rob

preach (dudeist priest)
preach (dudeist priest) Dork
12/22/21 3:03 p.m.

Ooof.

I love/hate E36 M3 like that. 

The youtubes of the family giving granpa or dad or ...their dream car (not Foozed up) kill me.

Raw emotion.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
12/22/21 3:08 p.m.

Yeah, I thought I was going to make decent flat rate time replacing the coolant feed and return lines for the turbocharger on a Chevy Trax since you basically have to remove the turbocharger, only to have the crushing realization that warranty time for the repair is only 2.9 hours. Oh, wait, we're talking about the commercial

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
12/22/21 3:09 p.m.

Got me too. 

rslifkin
rslifkin UberDork
12/22/21 3:25 p.m.

That commercial definitely got to me a bit. 

TGMF said:

In 30 or 40 years, nobodys gonna give a E36 M3 about any of Chevy's current lineup, save the Corvette.

Probably true, but who knows.  I'm sure people were saying the same thing about cars 30 - 40 years ago that have at least some following now. 

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) MegaDork
12/22/21 3:30 p.m.

Wow...well done Chevrolet.

I take back some of the things I've said about you.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
12/22/21 3:40 p.m.

ugh

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
12/22/21 3:56 p.m.
TGMF said:

Somewhere tonight, someone will get to 3rd base for the first time in their parent's Chevy Equinox.  Later in life they'll have a strong connection when they happen to still see one on the road.

It's not like the '79 Bonneville was the greatest Bonneville ever but they catch my eye when I happen to still see one on the road. 

Jay_W
Jay_W SuperDork
12/22/21 5:08 p.m.

This one might be worse than the Audi R8 ad with the old retired astronaut father and son..

12/22/21 5:17 p.m.
John Welsh said:
TGMF said:

Somewhere tonight, someone will get to 3rd base for the first time in their parent's Chevy Equinox.  Later in life they have a strong connection when they happen to still see one on the road.

It's not like the '79 Bonneville was the greatest Bonneville ever but they catch my eye when I happen to still see one on the road. 

I remember my dad's '65 Impala Super Sport. I don't remember the Whirlpool washer my mother had at the time. Or maybe it was a Kenmore. I don't remember.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
12/22/21 5:28 p.m.

In reply to Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter) :

Third base on the washing machine?  Kinky!

Or, was this "solo work" and you just liked the way the washing machine vibrated?

12/22/21 5:30 p.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

Maybe her name was Kenmore and the washing machine was a Roper. I don't remember. That was a long time ago.

Teh E36 M3
Teh E36 M3 UltraDork
12/22/21 5:42 p.m.

If I was the dad (god I can't believe I'm old enough to start thinking of things from the old man's perspective), I'd have rather had the time to do the project with my daughter. Waaaaaay better gift than a finished car. 

One of the times of life I will always treasure will be the couple years spent restoring our '72 Airstream with my son. Especially replacing the axles in the driveway during a hail storm. Or bucking 675 rivets together.

When I go, it's his. It sure as hell won't collect dust in a garage.

dj06482 (Forum Supporter)
dj06482 (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
12/22/21 5:47 p.m.

Great commercial!

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8BBtPy3z3EInZFJFDj8GeL5B095X0P0C6O2dd2jb8JiqWjYEAXWwF23CWxalvzzV