accordionfolder
accordionfolder Dork
10/25/18 5:47 p.m.

I was looking at getting a rotrex kit from my 1.6 exocet - they have the cheapest by a wide margin right now - 3k. Are these too good to be true or ? The part numbers seem to match up, etc. 

https://autoplicity.com/5230408-kraftwerks-150-10-9093r-supercharger-kit-mazda-miata?gclid=Cj0KCQjw08XeBRC0ARIsAP_gaQBkFaRqpjgHwuN25f43Y4i7zFFi9kGxC_EZ9XLblVfNH644B6X7BBkaApCQEALw_wcB

https://thmotorsports.com/5230408-kraftwerks-150-10-9093r-supercharger-kit-mazda-miata?gclid=Cj0KCQjw08XeBRC0ARIsAP_gaQDP2USSSERxETDEbhKEgGzINP5dyKsO7imjzl9OFSNxuF7A6grajogaAiMiEALw_wcB#fitment

What am I missing? (besides a supercharger in my life)

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
10/25/18 5:57 p.m.

Looking at the pictures, I'd ask some serious questions about the engine management. There's what looks like a rising rate fuel pressure regulator - solid 90's tech right there - which explains the pump, but the injectors don't make any sense. Find out what "electronic fuel box" means.

I would make sure they legitimately, for real have inventory. Rotrex kits seem to suffer from availability problems, there's always a new one about to come out and then difficulty getting it and then something weird happens to the company.

Ah, "ships from manufacturer". So they're just taking the money and submitting a PO. And Kraftwerks doesn't list that application. So you may find they're simply not available.

accordionfolder
accordionfolder Dork
10/25/18 6:05 p.m.

Thanks for the input Kieth! From what I've read online from other reviews they're just drop shippers, as you said - I wonder if it's worth the risk...? I've confirmed availability at another source, but it's 2k more there.

I wouldn't be using their management - I have a mspnp2, injectors, and fuelpump already. 

This seems to just be the Rotrex kit you can get - everyone I'm seeing has the same parts list.

rslifkin
rslifkin UltraDork
10/25/18 6:41 p.m.

I've ordered stuff from THMotorsports before with no issues.  Can't speak to Autoplicity though. 

evanmag
evanmag
11/2/18 6:42 p.m.

In reply to accordionfolder :

Did you end up ordering from either vendor? I'm on the same boat, for a 94-97 kit.

Fitz
Fitz New Reader
11/3/18 3:31 p.m.

I ordered from them once, got stuff in good time, no issues. Went to order pads before a track day heard nothing, emailed them and the "in stock" pads that I ordered we're back ordered for over 90 days. Tried two other sets of pads and they were all backordered.

accordionfolder
accordionfolder Dork
11/5/18 8:49 a.m.

In reply to evanmag :

I've been waffling a bit - the other, more expensive option, will have better warranty support, etc. I think I'm going to go with it - since in the long run it'll be worth it.

44Dwarf
44Dwarf UberDork
11/5/18 6:03 p.m.

I've used Autoplicity for Supertrap kits and disk as their price was great.  I ordered, they shipped, i got my parts in 3-4 days.  Happy customer here but i know what i was ordering.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
07KJuaml4zko8Nv0OOvUdLeo6l7H28rG1Vk51i006s9j2t7fLh5cCXD8vIu92YX3