Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UberDork
11/1/18 4:29 p.m.

Interested in this rare, unloved Mazda. The price is cheap enough, but I don't want to drive all the way down to find something obvious that would keep me from buying it. 

Boxy Mazda luxobarge

Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Chris 

Woody
Woody MegaDork
11/1/18 7:58 p.m.

Was that the one with the Miller Cycle engine?

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UberDork
11/2/18 6:30 a.m.
Woody said:

Was that the one with the Miller Cycle engine?

No, Woody that was the Millenia. Very cool car in its own right. This is the larger chassis that pre-dated the Millenia. The Millenia was FWD this is RWD.Bump. Anyone local?

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
11/2/18 7:26 a.m.

Cool car!!! I don’t know anyone in the Newark area though. 

BlueInGreen - Jon
BlueInGreen - Jon SuperDork
11/2/18 7:46 a.m.

We’re on a family trip, staying in the Newark area tonight. If we have some down time and I can get away I might be able to take a look at it.

glueguy
glueguy Dork
11/2/18 9:46 a.m.

Sounds like a perfect family trip activity to me. 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
11/2/18 10:41 a.m.

She's a beaut!  

The ad also has this link to this '91 commercial. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4spAq0XoMo

In that video, at the 19 sec area there is a car briefly shown (real brief) that I can not figure out.  What is it? Maybe Volvo Amazon? 

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
11/2/18 10:45 a.m.

The later 929s had oscillating center a/c vents. I always thought that was cool. 

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UberDork
11/2/18 10:48 a.m.
dculberson said:

The later 929s had oscillating center a/c vents. I always thought that was cool. 

This has the swing vents too. 

BlueInGreen - Jon
11/2/18 11:28 a.m.
glueguy said:

Yes, the in laws and grandparents would love it cheeky  If we’re not doing anything after dinner I might be able to get away while everyone else is hanging out at the hotel.

bludroptop
bludroptop UltraDork
11/2/18 11:48 a.m.
John Welsh said:

In that video, at the 19 sec area there is a car briefly shown (real brief) that I can not figure out.  What is it? Maybe Volvo Amazon? 

Domestic 1950's era panel delivery truck

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
11/2/18 12:18 p.m.

In reply to bludroptop :

I guess I wasn't thinking that old but you're right.  

glueguy
glueguy Dork
11/2/18 2:30 p.m.
BlueInGreen - Jon said:
glueguy said:

Yes, the in laws and grandparents would love it cheeky  If we’re not doing anything after dinner I might be able to get away while everyone else is hanging out at the hotel.

Take the whole fam. What is more GRM than “I’m here with eight people to look at your car but it’s not really for any of us.”

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
11/2/18 2:37 p.m.
glueguy said:
BlueInGreen - Jon said:
glueguy said:

Take the whole fam. What is more GRM than “I’m here with eight people to look at your car but it’s not really for any of us.”

Q: So, then who is it for?

A: A guy I've never really met.  

But, I almost did this myself for Mazdax605 while I was visiting Virginia until I realized though the car in question was in Virginia too, it was 4 hours away.  

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UberDork
11/2/18 3:23 p.m.
John Welsh said:
glueguy said:
BlueInGreen - Jon said:
glueguy said:

Q: So, then who is it for?

A: A guy I've never really met.  

But, I almost did this myself for Mazdax605 while I was visiting Virginia until I realized though the car in question was in Virginia too, it was 4 hours away.  

LOL, I mean when you put it that way it seem strange  but I'd do it. I guess I'm weird  

BlueInGreen - Jon
11/2/18 7:01 p.m.

Couldn’t make it happen, sorry Mazda.

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UberDork
11/2/18 7:09 p.m.
BlueInGreen - Jon said:

Couldn’t make it happen, sorry Mazda.

No worries. Got a guy local that might be able to get a look at it tomorrow morning for me  

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JM7Z1QMWw5S33bCqNm8qTgs0JPaK7Is6bQ18txbqk2tjdqF9dUKbQNUnU5ZEtIJm