VWguyBruce
VWguyBruce HalfDork
4/15/12 8:39 p.m.

Found an 80's diesel Mercedes in NC. Wondering if anyone is close enough that they wouldn't mind checking it out for me in person? I'd be happy to reimburse you for your trouble. Mercedes experience not necessary, just basic car knowledge. Want a better idea of what I'm buying before I take the bus all the way down there to pick it up

Thanks, Bruce

VWguyBruce
VWguyBruce HalfDork
4/18/12 10:33 a.m.

Nobody huh? Might have roll the dice then.

mrwillie
mrwillie HalfDork
4/18/12 11:01 a.m.

I wish I could. I'm about 2.5hrs away and don't have alot free time right now. Sorry..........

VWguyBruce
VWguyBruce HalfDork
4/19/12 5:39 a.m.

No worries. I knew someone was at least sort of close. Looks like I'm gonna put a deposit on it and take the train down to get it.

ahutson03
ahutson03 Reader
4/19/12 8:15 a.m.

I live 15 minutes from there, unfortunately I'm out of town for work for 2 weeks, good luck

mrwillie
mrwillie HalfDork
4/19/12 3:39 p.m.

Let us know how it works out and send pics...

VWguyBruce
VWguyBruce HalfDork
4/20/12 6:00 a.m.

ahutson03, I still may ask the favor as it doesn't look like the car is getting much interest. Turbo diesel land yachts are much cheaper down your way and way less rusty. It happens that I'm on the road for the next couple weeks as well. Not by choice but Anckorage, Honolulu, Tokyo and Seoul aren't bad if I have to fly.

Willie, I'll post up when I get it. Finally realizing my grease car dream with the spaciousness and supple ride of the Mercedes. I've missed the Mercedes ever since we left our 280SEL in a junkyard in Germany.

ahutson03
ahutson03 Reader
5/6/12 7:50 p.m.

I am back in town if you still need me to go check that car out for you just let me know.

VWguyBruce
VWguyBruce HalfDork
5/6/12 9:37 p.m.

That would be cool! I still haven't gotten down there. Work won't let up.... I'll call the guy tomorrow and check his availability.

ahutson03
ahutson03 Reader
5/7/12 7:10 a.m.

Email me at Andrew.Hutson@aol.com and we can exchange contact info

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
WQHYpiQXoOiGfbSSEp5TqgscVkMDEmUtzwCn28EgyHP1T4OS0dNPIhr61Wmfk1ZL