1 2
DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) UltimaDork
6/12/21 7:21 p.m.

I've got SRX Racing series on CBS. Looks like  typical short track modifieds with fancy graphics and aging big name drivers.

racerfink
racerfink UltraDork
6/12/21 7:35 p.m.

After the first heat race...  not a lot of passing.  Not exactly a great track for passing with the long straights and tight corners (like Martinsville, but tighter).

johndej
johndej Dork
6/12/21 7:50 p.m.

Just spotted it, cars remind me of a Ferrari F40 silhouette

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
6/12/21 7:50 p.m.

I'd like to see one of the cars parked next to a car from some other series to get a sense of the scale. They seem smaller.

wake74
wake74 Reader
6/12/21 8:14 p.m.

Almost difficult to watch, there is so little going on. Got to be tough for the announcers, it's a lot of fill without much action, hoping the final race is more interesting.....the potato peeler to make chips on Inside the Food Factory on Smithsonian is getting more play time on my TV currently :-)

racerfink
racerfink UltraDork
6/12/21 8:18 p.m.

Yep, need at least 8 more cars out there.

Chesterfield
Chesterfield Reader
6/12/21 8:28 p.m.

The cars remind me of short track late model in overall size and shape. It looks like a twist on the old IROC series. It seems pretty laid back, but could use more passing.

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
6/12/21 8:34 p.m.

The absence of spotters shows.

racerfink
racerfink UltraDork
6/12/21 8:41 p.m.

That Coby kid really has the track advantage.  Surprising that these veterans havn’t picked up on how much he’s diamonding the corners yet.

johndej
johndej Dork
6/12/21 8:47 p.m.

Oh come on, if they're spec cars, what's with the competition caution BS. Agreed need more folks on the track though.

Edit, just reading that Mark Webber was initially going to take part, that would have been cool. 

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
7/11/21 8:30 a.m.

Slinger last night, (watching Sunday morning) has been really good.  Local guy doing well so far.

What a track.  Blender on frappe, yet side by side racing for the lead almost all of the 60 laps so far.

Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter)
Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
7/11/21 9:57 a.m.

Good for Marco. Never lived up to his potential in Indycars, but by all accounts he's a really good dude.

racerfink
racerfink UltraDork
7/11/21 10:02 a.m.

The BS yellows really cost Labonte.  His car was much better in longer runs.  If they keep throwing the “fun flag”, why let them make adjustments to the cars?

lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter)
lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
7/11/21 3:14 p.m.

Should have used the track in the "figure 8" layout. At least it would make for some excitement. The previous races were fun to watch, but this one not at all.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
7/11/21 4:00 p.m.
lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter) said:

Should have used the track in the "figure 8" layout. At least it would make for some excitement. The previous races were fun to watch, but this one not at all.

How was that not fun to watch?

racerfink
racerfink UltraDork
7/11/21 4:07 p.m.

Really?  Side by side racing for 30 laps at a time, and somewhere around 50 lead changes wasn’t exciting?

I thought last weekend at IRP was a snooze fest.  Jr’s dad must have found a way to cheat that car up too.

pirate
pirate HalfDork
7/12/21 9:37 a.m.

Well the concept was to be similar to the old IROC and bring drivers from other venues in equal cars. Overall I think the racing has been good although an additional 6 or more cars would make it more interesting. The cars look very similar to  the Southeast Outlaw Stock class with crate engines.

Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter)
Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
7/12/21 10:32 a.m.

I was saying to someone just today that I think these things would be awesome track day cars once set up for L and R hand turns.

I watched the last race and thought it was pretty good.  To those who watch short track racing, can you comment on the incident between Hailie Deegan and Paul Tracy right near the end.  PT (in typical PT fashion) was putting it all on Hailie, but honestly I don't think she did anything wrong.  If this were a road or street track incident I'd be sure of my opinion, but not knowing short track racing I'm asking other opinions.  

JimS
JimS Reader
7/12/21 11:12 a.m.

I don't think she did anything wrong either. She was at his door with nowhere else to go. 

racerfink
racerfink UltraDork
7/12/21 12:15 p.m.

If you watch her car in relation to the stripe at the apron, she does come up the track some, but not nearly as much as PT comes down.

Without benefit of an in-car shot from HD, I’d speculate she straightened the wheel out a little to keep from being forced onto the apron (a steep angle) and into a spin.  Just a good ol short track turf war IMO.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
7/12/21 1:43 p.m.

There is a difference on a short track when you don't have a spotter.  Your pass needs to be more complete when you commit to it.  Whether that means you (the passer) need to be sure your fender is in the other drivers peripheral vision, or whether you need to be a bit more careful coming down as the guy being passed.  If there were spotters, PT would have known she was in there, and wouldn't have moved down as far.  I'm shocked that didn't happen a lot more on that mixing bowl track.

As Ken Schraeder used to say, "It was half my fault for being on the track with him."

trigun7469
trigun7469 SuperDork
7/12/21 2:03 p.m.

I have enjoyed it, I see it for entertainment value, like PT arriving in the police car.

Lof8 - Andy
Lof8 - Andy SuperDork
7/12/21 2:56 p.m.

I was having some beers with a racing friend the other night and he's flying to the Nashville race to spectate.  After a few more beers, he decided to buy me a plane ticket too.  Lol!  So, I'll be watching the Nashville race in person this weekend.

Ranger50
Ranger50 MegaDork
7/12/21 5:19 p.m.

Damn y'all... piss and moan, piss and moan.

Racing is on tv!!!

It isn't some other gaudy home redo show or equal silly boring programming. There's plenty of that elsewhere.

einy (Forum Supporter)
einy (Forum Supporter) Dork
7/12/21 5:51 p.m.

I personally loved the Slinger race.  Funny how "in the wall Paul" seems to find contact multiple times in every race so far, then p&m's about everyone else taking him out.  Sort of parallels his open wheel career, especially in the later days.  Assuming SRX runs again next year, it will be interesting to see if he is invited back.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Vo7wEzOvvGU1dA4jTDsWpUctkF8UQUuPC2HYnA5Om9ntl3qQz1W7Q4uttkyWhh0R