Tom1200
Tom1200 UberDork
8/4/22 5:43 p.m.

In reply to Peabody :

Shhhhhhkoda!!

yupididit
yupididit PowerDork
8/4/22 5:47 p.m.

Late 80s early 90s Ford Crown Vic LTD. Especially tan on brown interior or black on red.

frenchyd
frenchyd MegaDork
8/4/22 6:14 p.m.

In reply to pointofdeparture :

Morris minor 1000 Travelar ( woodie wagon )  Sommebody please put a picture up for me?   

calteg
calteg SuperDork
8/4/22 6:53 p.m.

In reply to RacetruckRon :

1000% agree. I think they're one of the best proportioned wagons ever.

I always thought the Legend coupes had an understated elegance to them. Looks kinda like an early GT-R if you squint a  little

Recently I've really been into the LS430 as well.

Puddy46
Puddy46 New Reader
8/4/22 6:55 p.m.

In reply to 06HHR (Forum Supporter) :

I had a base model in maroon, and I also miss it.  It was the first car I ever took to an autocross. 

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
8/4/22 7:07 p.m.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
8/4/22 7:09 p.m.

In reply to NOHOME :

As proven at the 2015 Challenge, a Lincoln Mark 8 is a lot of car for a little money! 

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
8/4/22 7:28 p.m.

Got this thing for Delta 88's and super long 98's.   Not sure this fits your challenge.  

Duke
Duke MegaDork
8/4/22 7:37 p.m.
Peabody said:

I loved my Skoda

Because it's adorable!

03Panther
03Panther UberDork
8/4/22 7:48 p.m.

In reply to frenchyd :

cool looking now, but very pedestrian in it's day. 

03Panther
03Panther UberDork
8/4/22 7:52 p.m.

Since F opened the door for us "ol' timers" mine is the ford Falcon. The econo box of its time, but I learned stick in the 64 my grandma bought new! Loved 'em when they weren't "cool" and love 'em still!

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
8/4/22 8:09 p.m.
calteg said:

In reply to RacetruckRon :

1000% agree. I think they're one of the best proportioned wagons ever.

I always thought the Legend coupes had an understated elegance to them. Looks kinda like an early GT-R if you squint a  little

Recently I've really been into the LS430 as well.

I loved Vigors, and this was before my fascination with five cylinder engines.

nocones
nocones PowerDork
8/4/22 8:25 p.m.
rob_lewis said:
johndej said:

Love me 3rd gen accords, would particularly want another LX-i hatchback. To add to the list, if there was any aftermarket support I'd love to tune an old accent up as a kind of a British touring car tribute.

The next generation Accent is the first car that popped into my head when I read this post.  I don't know why, as it's not particularly fancy, but something about the shape/styling of this generation really appeals to me.

-Rob

For me it's this generation Accent.  If I did a Gridlife Sundae Cup Car it would be one of these..

NOT A TA
NOT A TA UltraDork
8/4/22 8:31 p.m.

Solara convertible

Toyman!
Toyman! MegaDork
8/4/22 8:45 p.m.

I would love to find a 4 door Fairmont that wasn't trashed. 

Edit to add a picture. 

Sleeper Sedan: 1980 Ford Fairmont Turbo | Barn Finds

JThw8
JThw8 UltimaDork
8/4/22 8:47 p.m.
Datsun310Guy said:

Got this thing for Delta 88's and super long 98's.   Not sure this fits your challenge.  

My first car was a '75 98 Regency 2 door.   18.9 feet of 2 door goodness.  I still miss it and would own another despite it having no redeeming qualities.

BlueInGreen - Jon
BlueInGreen - Jon UltraDork
8/4/22 8:48 p.m.

Had one and still miss it sometimes. One of those cars that I liked way more than I thought I would.

For some strange reason, I've always wanted an old Beetle. Why, I don't know as I've owned many, many cooler cars but for some reason I want one. The right color, lowered, wheels/tires and use it as a DD. Maybe some day......

drock25too
drock25too HalfDork
8/4/22 9:18 p.m.

I like the 2000 - 2005 Impala. Mom bought this 2005 used in about 2010 and I  bought it from here around 2015. Have made at least ten trips from Arkansas to Buffalo. About a two years ago the transmission decided Berkley this cold shifting thing.  I did some research and  put a can of seafoam transmission treatment in it and drove it for a couple hundred miles and changed the fluid and filter. It's still going.  My son has a green 2002 Impala. 

flat4_5spd
flat4_5spd Reader
8/4/22 9:25 p.m.

When I was reading the subject heading before opening the thread, my first thought was "1991 Accord 5-speed" I owned two of them, one was an auto and one 5 speed, both were in LX trim. My folks also had a '90 EX 5-speed.   There was just something fundamentally right about that design. Really pleasant and fun to drive, great greenhouse, big enough to be useful, clean styling. The only downside was the goofy design of putting the brake rotors on the inside of the hubs- I have no idea why they did that, and the unfortunate propensity for rust around the rear wheel arches.

frenchyd
frenchyd MegaDork
8/4/22 9:27 p.m.
03Panther said:

In reply to frenchyd :

cool looking now, but very pedestrian in it's day. 

Thank you very much 03 Panther  very kind.  

the top picture ( of a Rolls Royce Woodie )  has a picture of a trafficator ( the chrome part ) 

that is a 1960 or newer. Up to 1959 they had trafficators behind the driver/ passenger about head high that popped out 90 degrees, illuminated. Then dropped back flush.  Returning again and again signaling a turn.   A Charming bit of kit.  I fail to see why it is not in use today.  
  That is my love of that car.  It's charm.  I'm long waisted and every car I'll hit my head on the top door sill, every car except the Morris Minor.  
 It had a 948cc BMC. A engine. ( Sprite Midget )  making perhaps 28 hp through it's one little carb. But getting astonishingly great fuel mileage.  So bloody simple to work on it's a real pleasure. 
     Very comfortable to ride in even on long trips. Front or back seat.  Although in my current shape I probably am overloading at least one side of the car. 
  Nimble and spirited, no fast isn't a word to be used  even with the common upgrade of a 1275  Sprite/Midget engine and English Ford 5 speed transmission. 
 Very hard to install a bigger engine because the rack and pinion steering is right behind the engine. 
    But it's so easy to park, the steering is light but quick ish.  Making it a perfect parts runner/ grocery getter.  The drum brakes actually stop faster than disks even without the brake booster that disk brakes require. ( if properly adjusted ) 

Tom1200
Tom1200 UberDork
8/4/22 9:30 p.m.
drock25too said:

I like the 2000 - 2005 Impala. Mom bought this 2005 used in about 2010 and I  bought it from here around 2015. Have made at least ten trips from Arkansas to Buffalo. About a two years ago the transmission decided Berkley this cold shifting thing.  I did some research and  put a can of seafoam transmission treatment in it and drove it for a couple hundred miles and changed the fluid and filter. It's still going.  My son has a green 2002 Impala. 

Enlighten me; my mother had one and I hated it. I could forgive the driving appliance aspect but to me it didn't ride particularly well and I thought the seats were awful.

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
8/4/22 9:37 p.m.
yupididit said:

Late 80s early 90s Ford Crown Vic LTD. Especially tan on brown interior or black on red.

That's what I thought of. Drove this one for 14 years, wish I still had it. 

yupididit
yupididit PowerDork
8/4/22 9:48 p.m.

In reply to Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) :

My grandmother had an 88 ltd that I LOVED! 

There's a black on red one in Maryland that has me tempted. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/4/22 9:51 p.m.

I have an absolute bent for the Omni.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
M6gCjs70C4aJS94xmGt5KX9GivPijrblVGUlolzJ4RaTd94knO5lEIRIi2PLtC9n